Most Whines, no championships Topic

discuss.
6/12/2015 2:58 PM
scaturo
6/12/2015 3:36 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
dshook30 aka bs hook...whined to WIS twice about getting poached, WIS gave him the recruits and let him keep the recruit cash he didn't spend after he stopped chasing the recruits in question, citing "poaching"
6/12/2015 8:10 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 6/12/2015 8:10:00 PM (view original):
dshook30 aka bs hook...whined to WIS twice about getting poached, WIS gave him the recruits and let him keep the recruit cash he didn't spend after he stopped chasing the recruits in question, citing "poaching"
link?
6/12/2015 8:52 PM
wasn't dshooks case a completely legitimate complaint? Didn't someone else in that thread turn out to be a complete jerk
6/12/2015 9:16 PM
Kernels is just throwing names out there in hopes that he doesn't win by a mile.
6/12/2015 10:37 PM
Says the #1 rat/whistleblower (even without evidence) on the site, whinenavy...
6/12/2015 10:50 PM
leans back in the chair....looks around uncomfortably....
6/12/2015 11:41 PM
Kiss the rings, kernels.
6/13/2015 1:48 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 6/12/2015 3:36:00 PM (view original):
scaturo
Me.
6/13/2015 5:53 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 6/13/2015 1:48:00 AM (view original):
Kiss the rings, kernels.
I'll just beat the "champ" instead...
6/13/2015 11:46 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 6/12/2015 8:10:00 PM (view original):
Whatevs bro. I "whined" once about poaching. 

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=30&TopicID=466905&ThreadID=10168144#l_10168144

Not really sure if that will work or not. Long, long story that the jist is I needed 4 players, had first 2 taken away. No biggie, went for 2 more and they were taken away. Then 2 more and the same. Six guys gone. Three players each to two separate teams. All guys that considered me first and then them. WIS confirmed the users were the same person who played one season at both schools and have never coached again under those names. The result was I was able to keep the first two guys taken. I had held onto enough money to get two guys late and end up with a full class. 

The best part of it is it taught me to recruit better and more carefully and now I usually end up with a top 10 class. 

It's an 8 page forum post, but by far my favorite post of them all is this:

__

I'm deleting many of my posts here because I'm an idiot and was presuming things that weren't true to be true, and they end(ed) up being a detriment to this process and an unfortunate circumstance which hopefully doesn't lead to (too many) people leaving/quitting, though they are within their rights to do what they will.  If I got poached, I would play through it, I see where others might have a problem with it, but I'm not the average bear....if anyone is going to get poached, hell I guess I would/should be enemy #1 lol, but hopefully guys recruit badly and have to worry about their own nonsense.

Again, I apologize for clogging up this thread, I had my Perry Mason hat on too tight and I certainly deserve and accept whatever backlash I get for this whole outburst to begin with.  Dshook30, I understand why you're leaving, but I wish you'd stay because you're really a class act.  Take care all.

Trevor

__

lol. 

I prefer to whine about losing the title game 4 times...and I reserve the right to whine when my undefeated Bard team can't make it to the Final 4 this season. 
6/15/2015 12:53 PM
should have done a poll, it seems like it would be colonels by a mile, but im surprised there are actually posts here that point to other folks. i suspect in poll form it would be colonels by a mile...
6/15/2015 2:07 PM
that story is not really about poaching - it is about someone cheating against you.  Poaching is legal - that sort of misuse of teams is not.
6/15/2015 2:07 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Most Whines, no championships Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.