I think it's been talked about here before, but I can't find it. Is the low post skill both offense and defense or just offense?
6/25/2015 11:27 PM
Posted by pallas on 6/25/2015 11:27:00 PM (view original):
I think it's been talked about here before, but I can't find it. Is the low post skill both offense and defense or just offense?
According to the players guide, Low Post (lp): refers to a player's ability to score inside the paint. So I would say offense.
6/26/2015 12:18 AM
is low post the ability to score layups/dunks? or is it more traditional back to the basket moves?
12/4/2016 6:41 PM
Posted by Derek_Koenig on 12/4/2016 6:41:00 PM (view original):
is low post the ability to score layups/dunks? or is it more traditional back to the basket moves?
It indicates everything that happens in the low post.
12/4/2016 6:44 PM
It's best to think of it as the player's ability to score near the basket.
12/4/2016 7:02 PM
Each position has a series of events, it goes something like this:

Is there a shot, turnover or foul?

If a shot, who shoots?

Then what type of shot is it?

There are three types of shots: shots in the paint, mid range jumpers, or three pointers.
________________________________________________________________________________
Above this line is what I believe is fact, below is what I think happens...

This is where Low Post comes in.
The higher the LP/PER ratio the more likely it's a shot in the paint which uses LP and ATH.

I am not sure of the mid range jumper formula but I suspect it uses LP and PER (and the secondary scoring attributes) in some way. I think that's why post players with higher speed/perimeter/ball handling are better scorers.
12/4/2016 7:22 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 12/4/2016 7:22:00 PM (view original):
Each position has a series of events, it goes something like this:

Is there a shot, turnover or foul?

If a shot, who shoots?

Then what type of shot is it?

There are three types of shots: shots in the paint, mid range jumpers, or three pointers.
________________________________________________________________________________
Above this line is what I believe is fact, below is what I think happens...

This is where Low Post comes in.
The higher the LP/PER ratio the more likely it's a shot in the paint which uses LP and ATH.

I am not sure of the mid range jumper formula but I suspect it uses LP and PER (and the secondary scoring attributes) in some way. I think that's why post players with higher speed/perimeter/ball handling are better scorers.
Ugh when I game plan I just focus on Low post/perimeter...
12/4/2016 8:16 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.