$90M Career Stat Franchise League (FULL) Topic

So I hadn't thought about this, current day players are not eligible as they have no CAREER summary?  For example, Craig Kimbrel is not showing up in my search.
7/29/2015 4:40 PM
Posted by nbl17 on 7/29/2015 4:40:00 PM (view original):
So I hadn't thought about this, current day players are not eligible as they have no CAREER summary?  For example, Craig Kimbrel is not showing up in my search.
I don't know what WIS uses for criteria in establishing eligibility for 'diamond legend' status, but I assume that a player must have 'X' number of seasons in MLB to qualify for the database. I couldn't find an answer in the WIS knowledge base, but I'm curious too, so I'll try to find out.
7/29/2015 5:44 PM
Found Teixeira with the Braves, but not Yankees so perhaps it has to do with still active with a team.  Heyward and Kimbrel were both "active" with the Braves when the last player update was done.  Teixeira appears as a Brave, Angel and Ranger, not as a Yankee.
7/29/2015 6:39 PM (edited)
And no on the X number of seasons as I found Babe Ruth with the Boston Braves.
7/29/2015 6:37 PM
Just sitemailed you 0soup4u.  Due to my upcoming vacation and how crazy work is, I have to bail - I've never committed to a league and dropped and I feel horrible about it.

Should you not fill by the time I return, I will gladly join in.
7/29/2015 10:05 PM (edited)
Posted by nbl17 on 7/29/2015 4:40:00 PM (view original):
This was the response I got to my ticket asking about Kimbrel:

'He had not qualified the last time we added career players.'

So, I still don't know what is required to become listed as a career player.
7/30/2015 11:37 PM
Detroit Tigers
7/31/2015 10:51 PM
Thanks gogotoads! Please enter your team in MLB113116 as soon as you're ready. Only need one more team now.
8/1/2015 11:06 AM
I will take the Astros if there is still room.
8/1/2015 5:56 PM
There is still room. Welcome RWHAY! Please enter your team in MLB113116 as soon as you're ready.

I just exchanged sitemails with poppapomp, and he will be back from his trip by Tuesday the 4th. While we're waiting, if someone else wants to join, I will just take one team rather than 2.

I anyone is interested in joining with either the Cubs or White Sox, or with any other franchise not yet taken, I will give up one of my teams.
8/3/2015 2:20 PM (edited)
OK, we're full now. Thanks everyone!
8/5/2015 8:49 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1234
$90M Career Stat Franchise League (FULL) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.