LOL at this idiot Topic

Yeah, no thanks. If you want to hit and run dahs, that really isn't my problem. I'm not going to go back through another thread trying to guess why you think dahs doesn't understand history.
7/13/2015 3:36 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/13/2015 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, no thanks. If you want to hit and run dahs, that really isn't my problem. I'm not going to go back through another thread trying to guess why you think dahs doesn't understand history.
LOL.

You argue something for 40 pages in a different thread a week or so ago, and now you suddenly "forget" doing so.

Okey dokey.
7/13/2015 3:55 PM
Where did I say I forgot? I said I'm not going to go through another thread trying to guess why you think dahs doesn't understand history.
7/13/2015 3:57 PM
OK.

LOL.
7/13/2015 4:00 PM
You have kind of a weird sense of humor that you find that laugh out loud funny. Thanks for answering my question.
7/13/2015 4:03 PM
I'm fairly confident I understand a lot more about almost everything than you, tec, but you can do whatever you want to rationalize a worldview you never bothered trying to actually justify yourself as you developed it...
7/13/2015 4:09 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

TEC DESTROYED ALL COMERS!!!!!!

7/13/2015 4:28 PM

Anyone who thinks the Confederate flag is all about white supremacy can't be right about anything.

7/13/2015 4:28 PM
7/13/2015 4:36 PM
7/13/2015 4:46 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/13/2015 4:28:00 PM (view original):

Anyone who thinks the Confederate flag is all about white supremacy can't be right about anything.

It doesn't have to be all about white supremacy.  It doesn't even have to be mostly about that.  The only thing that matters is that it can have racist implications, and many people see it that way.  Therefore, it shouldn't be displayed on government property.

This is basically the same thing as flying a flag with a swastika on it.  Some people in Germany now are looking to the Nazi flag not as an anti-Semitic symbol, but as a symbol of German nationalism.  They just want to reject the anti-patriotic sentiment that all of Western Europe has been dominated by since WW2.  But many people still see it as an anti-Semitic symbol, and you better believe nobody would dream of flying it over a government building.

As BL has repeatedly pointed out, there's a big difference between private citizens flying a Confederate flag, or a Nazi flag, or a Soviet flag, or pretty much any other flag they want.  I'm all for freedom of expression.  But the government shouldn't be displaying symbols that so much of the population equate with racism, even if that's not what they had been intended to convey.

7/13/2015 5:55 PM
BL has also said, repeatedly, that the Confederate flag is a symbol of white supremacy. 

Everything is RACIST these days.  Everything offends someone. 
7/13/2015 6:01 PM
Your post offended me.

I demand that it be taken down.
7/13/2015 6:11 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19|20 Next ▸
LOL at this idiot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.