LOL at this idiot Topic

The left's kneejerk reaction to the SC shootings is almost comical (had 9 people not died). Too bad the flag had NOTHING to do with Roofs hate filled killing spree. I guess its easier to blame a flag than to bring up the fact Roof said this all began with the media coverage and our presidents rhetoric during the Trayvon Martin shooting. Small detail, but hey... Go Flag!!
7/13/2015 6:56 PM
Posted by moy23 on 7/13/2015 6:56:00 PM (view original):
The left's kneejerk reaction to the SC shootings is almost comical (had 9 people not died). Too bad the flag had NOTHING to do with Roofs hate filled killing spree. I guess its easier to blame a flag than to bring up the fact Roof said this all began with the media coverage and our presidents rhetoric during the Trayvon Martin shooting. Small detail, but hey... Go Flag!!
No one is saying that the flag had anything to do with the shooting. But it strikes a nerve when an explicitly racist tragedy happens in a state flying a racist flag over the Capitol.
7/13/2015 6:58 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/13/2015 6:58:00 PM (view original):
No one is saying that the flag had anything to do with the shooting. But it strikes a nerve when an explicitly racist tragedy happens in a state flying a racist flag over the Capitol.
And now 4500 people in ocala are rising up and more will follow.... Way to start a race war. I guess Roof really will get what he wanted. Yay Left!
7/13/2015 7:01 PM
Posted by moy23 on 7/13/2015 7:01:00 PM (view original):
And now 4500 people in ocala are rising up and more will follow.... Way to start a race war. I guess Roof really will get what he wanted. Yay Left!
So 4500 people are "rising up" to start a "race war" because the flag was taken down and you don't think the Confederate Flag is racist?
7/13/2015 7:03 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/13/2015 7:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 7/13/2015 7:01:00 PM (view original):
So 4500 people are "rising up" to start a "race war" because the flag was taken down and you don't think the Confederate Flag is racist?
No... They are rising up because they are sick and tired of being called racists and they are proud southerners (who btw don't own slaves and probably aren't racist).

Attendees were wearing t-shirts with slogans like “Heritage not hate” as they defended the rebel symbol.

"That flag has a lot of different meanings to a lot of different people," said David Stone, 38, who organized the event. "It doesn't symbolize hate unless you think it's hate - and that's your problem, not mine.”
7/13/2015 7:25 PM (edited)
"A backlash is beginning," said Ben Jones, a spokesman for the Sons of Confederate Veterans, which represents 30,000 descendants of Confederate soldiers. "We are putting flags out. Everyone time one is taken down, we put five or six of them up."

Jones, a former Democratic congressman from Georgia who starred in the hit 1980s TV comedy series "The Dukes of Hazzard," said he has been selling out of the replicas for sale at his show-themed stores in Tennessee and Virginia. The show featured a stock car dubbed the General Lee with an image of the Confederate flag on its roof.

And North Carolina's Department of Motor Vehicles recently sold out of a series of specialty license plates featuring the Confederate flag, local media reported. It has ordered more of the plates, which may be discontinued in the future.
7/13/2015 7:19 PM
It's the left starting a race war.... Once again.
7/13/2015 7:22 PM
oh jesus christ, quit with the story quotes. I give zero ***** what black dwayne or democrat ben personally think of the flag.

I can't believe I have to do this again, but here you go, tec jr.:

The Confederate Flag is a symbol of the Civil War, the South's side of the war.

The war that the South fought because they wanted to keep slavery legal and were willing to secede/fight/die to protect legal slavery.

Flying that flag over a government building is essentially saying, "we pine for the days when we could legally own slaves. Know your place."

Now, I'm sure there are plenty of people in the south that see the flag with a different meaning. Great. They are welcome to continue to own/fly/display the flag however they see fit.

But the government and its buildings are not there just for them. They are there for everyone, making it completely inappropriate to fly the Confederate Flag over government buildings.
7/13/2015 7:26 PM
"Flying that flag over a government building is essentially saying, "we pine for the days when we could legally own slaves. Know your place.""

---- now that's classic. Yes cause those that are pro Confederate Flag people in the year 2015 totally wish they could own slaves today.
7/13/2015 7:59 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

APPLES

BUILDINGS

BASEBALL GLOVES

7/13/2015 8:06 PM
Posted by moy23 on 7/13/2015 7:59:00 PM (view original):
"Flying that flag over a government building is essentially saying, "we pine for the days when we could legally own slaves. Know your place.""

---- now that's classic. Yes cause those that are pro Confederate Flag people in the year 2015 totally wish they could own slaves today.
I don't think anyone wants to actually own slaves today. But the flag is a symbol of the fight to keep slavery legal.
7/13/2015 8:25 PM
Posted by The Taint on 7/13/2015 8:35:00 PM (view original):
You should tell that to the person responsible for taking down the flag, Republican Governor Nikki Haley.

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Gov. Nikki R. Haley called on Monday for South Carolina to do what just a week ago seemed politically impossible — remove the Confederate battle flag from its perch in front of the State House building here. She argued that a symbol long revered by many Southerners was for some, after the church massacre in Charleston, a “deeply offensive symbol of a brutally offensive past.”

“The events of this week call upon us to look at this in a different way,” said Ms. Haley, an Indian-American, who is the first member of an ethnic minority to serve as governor of the state as well as the first woman.

She spoke at an afternoon news conference, surrounded by Democratic and Republican lawmakers including both of the state’s United States senators, Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott, an African-American. “Today we are here in a moment of unity in our state, without ill will, to say it’s time to move the flag from the capitol grounds,” she said.

It was a dramatic turnabout for Ms. Haley, a second-term Republican governor who over her five years in the job has displayed little interest in addressing the intensely divisive issue of the flag. But her new position demonstrated the powerful shock that last Wednesday’s killings at Emanuel A.M.E. Church have delivered to the political status quo, mobilizing leaders at the highest levels.

Interviews suggested that Ms. Haley’s rapidly evolving position on the flag was shaped by several factors: the horror of seeing the unsmiling gunman posing with it in photos; her conversations with congregants at the church; intensifying pressure from South Carolina business leaders to remove a controversial vestige of the state’s past; and calls from leaders of her own party, including its leading presidential contenders, urging her to take it down once and for all.
What should I tell her? She didn't start the flag shitstorm. A lefty media did. She just buckled under the pressure, which primarily came from out of state.
7/13/2015 9:26 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20 Next ▸
LOL at this idiot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.