What are your thoughts on superclasses? Topic

Posted by fd343ny on 7/15/2015 6:40:00 AM (view original):
for folks who think there should be a change, what is your proposed specific change?
yeah, laid out my proposed changes earlier as well, either limit class size to 5 players or only allow coaches to keep 25% of offseason money regardless of whether or not they need to sign any players.
7/15/2015 11:06 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 7/15/2015 8:21:00 PM (view original):
the simple, easy change - likely to have few if any unforeseen consequences - is to get rid of the special 100% carryover for teams with no openings.  Apply the normal 25% and a major advantage of superclass goes away.  I would do ONLY that and see what happens.  Other changes, could cause other problems.
i agree w this. i guess how i'd address something and how i'd like to see WIS address something often differ.
7/16/2015 1:06 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 7/12/2015 3:41:00 PM (view original):
In D2 and D3, I would like to see the money cutoff at 7 ships worth and not 6.  It's not necessary at D1 because there's already plenty of money to go around, but if you take over a team with 7 or more open ships and you only have money's worth for 6 to recruit...that's rough.  I have argued for this before and hold to it.
this
7/16/2015 10:02 PM
I don't understand how or why money for six is not enough. You should be able to recruit 3 or more guys for $1000 or so. Leaving you plenty of cash for remaining spots if you do come across a battle.

Especially at DII if you have 7 or more openings it would probably be beneficial to take a walk on or two anyway. I don't see this as an issue
7/17/2015 7:41 AM
I have to disagree, milwood.

When I take over a team (which isn't often because I tend to stick with what I've already got), I want to put as many of my players as reasonable on the team as soon as possible. I also detest taking walk-ons.

I'm all for increasing the limit getting scholarship money for seven or even eight players if you have the openings. Perhaps limit it to only in the cases where its a new coach, or only if it's a new coach who is taking over for a previous SimAI coach.

7/19/2015 12:08 PM
◂ Prev 12345
What are your thoughts on superclasses? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.