Police interaction Topic

Oddly enough, I had a license, a license plate and I didn't try to drive off before the cop told me it was OK to go.

And, again, I didn't get shot.

Is it because I'm white?  
7/31/2015 7:31 PM
Did mike read my post? Lol.
7/31/2015 10:59 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 7/31/2015 7:45:00 PM (view original):
Did DuBose deserve to die?
Did DuBose behave in a way that increased his chance of death?
8/1/2015 6:42 AM
Anyway, the point of the thread was to simply explain that the way you interact with cops could directly affect how they treat you.

If DuBose says "**** it.  You got me.  I have no license or registration" and gets out the car, I'd be willing to wager that he's not dead.    If Scott says "Goddammit.   I'm way behind in my child support" rather than run, he's not dead.    If the giant 18 y/o in MO just gets out of the ******* road rather than assault a cop, he's not dead.

Somewhat intelligent people take actions to ensure they're not dead when a situation is over.   It could be as simple as looking both ways when crossing a street or, God forbid, cooperating with the cops. 
8/1/2015 6:58 AM
Nope. Which is why the cop has been charged with murder.
8/1/2015 1:49 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 8/1/2015 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/1/2015 6:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 7/31/2015 7:45:00 PM (view original):
Did DuBose deserve to die?
Did DuBose behave in a way that increased his chance of death?
Sure. Did he deserve to die?
Not the point.    A semi-intelligent individual will behave in a way that increases his chance of living.    No?
8/1/2015 2:18 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I was cooperative.   I didn't get shot.    Seems like people would be cooperative in order to remove the possibility of being shot.    Why can't people do that?   Maybe that's the question that needs to be asked.    Sure, cop is in deep **** for shooting.   But you're dead.   Fat lot of good his murder trial does you, right?
8/1/2015 4:34 PM
****.  If I was black I'd think "*******.  Lot of black men getting shot during routine traffic stops.  Maybe I shouldn't fight or run."
8/1/2015 4:48 PM
The next time I get pulled over, I'm going to get off the bus and call Uber.
8/1/2015 5:03 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/1/2015 4:34:00 PM (view original):
I was cooperative.   I didn't get shot.    Seems like people would be cooperative in order to remove the possibility of being shot.    Why can't people do that?   Maybe that's the question that needs to be asked.    Sure, cop is in deep **** for shooting.   But you're dead.   Fat lot of good his murder trial does you, right?
Thing is, the punishment for being uncooperative and/or fleeing isn't death.

Obviously, Dubose should have been cooperative. But he wasn't. It's literally the cop's job to handle that situation without getting someone killed.
8/1/2015 5:07 PM
Or, maybe if we throw enough cops in prison, they'll learn to stop murdering people.
8/2/2015 11:18 AM
The lack of cooperation didn't force Tensing to commit murder. If he had just allowed Dubose to drive away, he wouldn't be going to prison.
8/2/2015 12:15 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...19 Next ▸
Police interaction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.