Police interaction Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Dubya.   When in doubt, blame Dubya.
8/6/2015 8:31 AM
Posted by moy23 on 8/6/2015 12:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/5/2015 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bheid408 on 8/5/2015 7:42:00 PM (view original):
And you've proven yourself wrong again. "sometimes protests are a useful tool to bring about change" Riots are NOT. You were ok with the looting and the burning down of businesses of innocent people in Ferguson. Thing is, there's a difference between riots and protests. Interesting how you are calling all that went on in Ferguson as protests when they were in fact Riots, something extremely different.

Last time:
Dubose caused Tensing to react. Doesn't matter if it was a gunshot, a slap to the face, letting him drive away, (as you suggest) or a wedgie! Your whole argument is based on cause and regardless of who is involved in any kind of meeting, friendly or not, people react to other peoples actions. Tensing's reaction was based on Dubose's actions. Never said Tensing's actions were reasonable or not. That is beside the point. Watch the video again and tell me Dubose did nothing wrong. Tensing shot Dubose because Dubose did nothing wrong. He cooperated fully. YOU are wrong.
Do you think it's possible that Dubose could "do something wrong" and still not be responsible for Tensing shooting him in the head?

Nobody is saying he is TOTALLY responsible. Stop with the all or nothing approach. Dubose is partly to blame. Both people did something wrong. One thing led to another and Dubose was shot in the head because of it.

Scenario: My 2 year old pushes my 4 year old... The 4 year old pushes back and the 2 year old falls and cracks his head on the coffee table. Who is to blame?
You.

They're toddlers.

Unless Tensing is also a toddler, it's not relevant.
8/6/2015 2:45 PM
You are, clearly there is too much violence going on in your home.

Have you considered moving that coffee table?  Seriously, that's two major injuries in a very short span of time.
8/6/2015 3:51 PM
Posted by moy23 on 8/6/2015 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/6/2015 2:45:00 PM (view original):
And you've proven yourself wrong again. "sometimes protests are a useful tool to bring about change" Riots are NOT. You were ok with the looting and the burning down of businesses of innocent people in Ferguson. Thing is, there's a difference between riots and protests. Interesting how you are calling all that went on in Ferguson as protests when they were in fact Riots, something extremely different.

Last time:
Dubose caused Tensing to react. Doesn't matter if it was a gunshot, a slap to the face, letting him drive away, (as you suggest) or a wedgie! Your whole argument is based on cause and regardless of who is involved in any kind of meeting, friendly or not, people react to other peoples actions. Tensing's reaction was based on Dubose's actions. Never said Tensing's actions were reasonable or not. That is beside the point. Watch the video again and tell me Dubose did nothing wrong. Tensing shot Dubose because Dubose did nothing wrong. He cooperated fully. YOU are wrong.
Do you think it's possible that Dubose could "do something wrong" and still not be responsible for Tensing shooting him in the head?

Nobody is saying he is TOTALLY responsible. Stop with the all or nothing approach. Dubose is partly to blame. Both people did something wrong. One thing led to another and Dubose was shot in the head because of it.

Scenario: My 2 year old pushes my 4 year old... The 4 year old pushes back and the 2 year old falls and cracks his head on the coffee table. Who is to blame?
You.

They're toddlers.

An 18 year old pushes a 20 year old... The 20 year old pushes back and the 18 year old falls and cracks his head on the coffee table...

Who is to blame?
I go into a 7-11 and put a candy bar in my pocket and try to walk out without paying.

A cop inside sees me shoplifting and shoots me in the back of the head as I go out the door.

Am I to blame for my own death?
8/6/2015 3:56 PM
No, but if you call the cop a name and slap him, he is justified to shoot you twelve times.  You know, because he was still fearful for his life after that sixth shot.
8/6/2015 4:00 PM
There is a pretty big difference between your example and the Tensing/Dubose situation. See:

Man A pushes Man B. Man B pushes him back.

Man A tries to leave. Man B shoots him in the head to stop him from leaving.

There are obviously situations where the actions of one person clearly caused the response from the other person. If Dubose had pulled a gun on Tensing, or acted like he was going to pull a gun, or tried to take Tensing's gun, or tried to run Tensing over, Dubose would be, at the very least, partially to blame. But Dubose didn't do any of that. He just tried to leave. That didn't cause anything.

Regarding the shoplifting example, you're clearly an idiot. I'm surprised your brain is able to power your hands well enough to put food in your mouth, let alone type.

8/6/2015 4:16 PM
Merely doing something wrong/illegal doesn't mean you are to partially to blame if a cop kills you.

Another example, cop walks up to kids drinking beer at a park. Asks for ID. One of the kids is only 20. Cop shoots him in the face.

In moy's world, that 20 year old was partially to blame for his own death. If he hadn't been doing something illegal, he'd still be alive.
8/6/2015 4:18 PM
There are obviously situations where the actions of one person clearly caused the response from the other person. If Dubose had pulled a gun on Tensing, or acted like he was going to pull a gun, or tried to take Tensing's gun, or tried to run Tensing over, Dubose would be, at the very least, partially to blame. But Dubose didn't do any of that. He just tried to leave. That didn't cause anything

BL can't believe the **** he's saying.  Or he doesn't understand the concept of "cause"
8/6/2015 4:21 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/6/2015 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 8/6/2015 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/6/2015 2:45:00 PM (view original):

Last time:

You.

They're toddlers.

An 18 year old pushes a 20 year old... The 20 year old pushes back and the 18 year old falls and cracks his head on the coffee table...

Who is to blame?
I go into a 7-11 and put a candy bar in my pocket and try to walk out without paying.

A cop inside sees me shoplifting and shoots me in the back of the head as I go out the door.

Am I to blame for my own death?
Seeing that you've been going on and on over the past year or so about how all cops are murdering pigs looking for the slightest excuse to murder others, choosing to commit a petty crime in front of one of these bloodthirsty monsters would be a pretty stupid thing to do.

So yes.  You have a great deal of responsibility for foolishly putting yourself in that position.
8/6/2015 4:27 PM
BL has to be trolling.    He can't be that dumb, can he?
8/6/2015 4:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...19 Next ▸
Police interaction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.