Police interaction Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 8/5/2015 8:57:00 AM (view original):
BL doesn't believe there should be consequences for poor choices or bad behavior.  Cops should just let fleeing suspects flee, i.e. cooperating with the police should be optional.

That's BL's vision for America.

What the **** are you talking about? Of course there should be consequences for breaking the law.

But being murdered shouldn't be the consequence.

Idiot.

8/5/2015 9:22 AM
Posted by bheid408 on 8/5/2015 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/4/2015 11:58:00 PM (view original):
But driving away didn't "cause" anything. Tensing chose to shoot.
Yes it did. Be"CAUSE" Dubose started to drive away, he got shot. Don't drive away and cooperate and he's still alive. We know Tensing chose to shoot. Why did he choose to shoot? Be"CAUSE" Dubose started to drive away. How many ways does it have to be explained to you?

If your little brain can't understand that. Try not cooperating with police and see what happens. Maybe then you'll get it, in more ways than one,
They are two separate actions. Tensing wasn't forced to shoot when Dubose turned on the car (the car didn't move until after Dubose was shot), he chose to. Turning on the car didn't cause the shooting.
8/5/2015 9:30 AM
You'd think, considering his know-it-all attitude, that he'd know Newton's Third Law.    It can be applied to damn near everything.
8/5/2015 9:38 AM
In short, everything you do creates a new situation.   Some are better(you eat veggies instead of a Big Mac), some are worse(you resist the police instead of comply).    So everything you do puts some responsibility on you.   

moy lives in Chicago.   If he's caught in the crossfire of a gang shootout, well, I don't think that happens in Bismarck, ND.   He chose to live in Chicago because he could make a better living.   There would be a modicum of blame on him.

moy starts a gang shootout by firing indiscriminantly into a crowd.   There will be considerably more blame thrown his way.
8/5/2015 9:46 AM
Posted by moy23 on 8/5/2015 5:16:00 AM (view original):
Has anyone on this forum been pulled over by a cop? Has anyone ever actually tried to resist arrest? WHY NOT?

I know I've been pulled over, I've been ticketed, I've spent time in a holding cell, and I've been let off the hook.... But I've intentionally never resisted arrest (nor been disrespectful) and because of that I've never had a cop pull a gun or taser out on me. It's a lot less likely one will get shot when the gun is safely in its holster. That's a fact.
I got in a bar fight.   It expanded a little when a couple of his friends got in the way.  One of my friends jumped in.  The cops arrived.   Me and my buddy were arrested(seems the first guy I punched was the son of the owner.  Which explains why he was acting like a ********).   I made my case and they said "Yeah, we're going to have to take you in."   I allowed them to cuff me and put me in the car.    As soon as I was cuffed, my friend went off on the cops.   He resisted, got roughed up and ended up in the back of another car.   We spent the night in jail.  

Come trial time, I was given 90 days abeyance(obeyance, I'm not sure) and a disturbing the peace fine.   Basically, if I stayed out of trouble for those 90 days, the assault charges would not show up on my record and there would be no probation.   My friend got 30 days. 

Why was the outcome different?
8/5/2015 10:06 AM
Crickets
8/5/2015 11:18 AM
Crickets what?
8/5/2015 11:25 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/5/2015 11:25:00 AM (view original):
Crickets what?
'Has anyone on this forum been pulled over by a cop? Has anyone ever actually tried to resist arrest? WHY NOT?'

Only MikeT responded.

Then a second question was posed by Mike.... 'Why was the outcome different?'

Crickets
8/5/2015 11:39 AM
It really doesn't matter, does it?

The penalty for resisting or fleeing is a relatively small amount of jail time not death.
8/5/2015 11:58 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/5/2015 11:58:00 AM (view original):
It really doesn't matter, does it?

The penalty for resisting or fleeing is a relatively small amount of jail time not death.
Right.  99.999% of arrests and traffic stops end up in a living perp.  What did all these guys do to distinguish themselves from the VAST majority of other perps?

8/5/2015 12:31 PM
Dubose was unlucky enough to get pulled over by a murderous cop.
8/5/2015 12:42 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/5/2015 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Dubose was unlucky enough to get pulled over by a murderous cop.
Aren't you conveniently ignoring one or two other pertinent factors?
8/5/2015 12:46 PM
You're right.

Dubose was also black.
8/5/2015 12:49 PM
Is that all?
8/5/2015 12:50 PM
If you can think of anything else, let me know.
8/5/2015 12:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...19 Next ▸
Police interaction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.