Will HD ever get a Facelift? Topic

Posted by Benis on 7/26/2015 4:26:00 PM (view original):
You do realize that the rpi is hated by everyone as a way to determine who gets into the tourney in real bball right? This metric has massive flaws so why would you use that as the absolute reason for tourney bids?
question: you would object to seeding based on rpi on account of it being mathematical and computer-based, and thus not realistic enough to rank fake basketball teams that are mathematical and computer-based?

questions 2 and 3: are you my ex-wife, and did you get that alimony check last week? it hasn't been cashed yet and i just wanted to make sure.

7/26/2015 5:28 PM
Posted by goofypook on 7/26/2015 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Thanks for all the feedback!  I dont post much but have played for alot of years(More than I care to mention).  If you all had to have a wish list(Top 3), what would it be?

1.Jobs-We see it alot in the real game.. coach gets hot 1-3 spurt, gets a big time gig!  Id like to see that happen in this. The loyalty rating to me is worthless, because it doesnt matter in real life.  Like recruits, Id like to see the Ad's reach out to perspective coaches???

2.Recruiting.. Expand this a little to verbal commitments, and have the recruiting be more of a season long event.. Doesnt need to be every two hours, but touching base every couple of days...  Recruiting is fun, but this shotgun 3 day approach is tiresome.

3.Rpi and tournament projection overhaul.. To me this makes this is the most off base item in the game... The correlation between the two is way off base, and it shouldnt be..  In theory Team A at 16-5 with a 42 rpi and 145 SOS shouldnt sit 55 in projections while team B at 14-7 50 rpi and 140 SOS sits 42 in projections??

Just one mans thoughts!!
I don't mind coaches with success getting a good job.

I do NOT want to see recruiting be a season long thing any more than it already is. I want to have to focus on recruiting during one specific time, not all the time.

7/26/2015 5:33 PM
Posted by ab90 on 7/26/2015 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 7/26/2015 4:26:00 PM (view original):
You do realize that the rpi is hated by everyone as a way to determine who gets into the tourney in real bball right? This metric has massive flaws so why would you use that as the absolute reason for tourney bids?
question: you would object to seeding based on rpi on account of it being mathematical and computer-based, and thus not realistic enough to rank fake basketball teams that are mathematical and computer-based?

questions 2 and 3: are you my ex-wife, and did you get that alimony check last week? it hasn't been cashed yet and i just wanted to make sure.

hahaha, yeah appreciate that alimony. Bling bling.

I'm fine with using a mathematical and computer formula to rank fake basketball teams that are mathematical and computer based. Of course. All I'm saying is, the RPI isn't the best way to do it. There are other formulas and ranking systems out there that are recognized as much better that the RPI. I wouldn't just use straight RPI 1-64 make the NT because you can manipulate the RPI and artificially inflate it. Like Mr. Jamie Dixon does.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/64576/how-to-game-the-rpi

7/26/2015 7:16 PM
Yes this game is fun. That is why I spent so much cash trying to get my lowly D1 alma mater to mid major stature. However, having them play in the wrong conference for the last 5+ real life years is old, I wish that would change. I also don't understand why they can't put in a team  scrimmage option for PAYING USERS since they offer sim-matchup for free. That is a complaint and not a wish. 
7/27/2015 10:21 AM
Posted by damonh1992_ on 7/27/2015 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Yes this game is fun. That is why I spent so much cash trying to get my lowly D1 alma mater to mid major stature. However, having them play in the wrong conference for the last 5+ real life years is old, I wish that would change. I also don't understand why they can't put in a team  scrimmage option for PAYING USERS since they offer sim-matchup for free. That is a complaint and not a wish. 
But it is so much effort and would ruin conferences if we aligned to how they are now, aren't you just happy with what we have.  If not stop complaining and playing them game.  /s(sarcasm)

yes that would be really nice and something I really would like too see.
7/27/2015 11:40 AM
◂ Prev 123
Will HD ever get a Facelift? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.