I should go back and mention that the gain in physical attributes was not entirely part of the initial DITR drop itself. His range went from 9 to 27 at the drop and another +12 in the offseason, and power went from 0 to 20 at the drop and another +19 in the offseason.  No clue what to expect in the future from this player. 
10/16/2015 5:37 PM
If Albert's little brother could hit, he'd be one of the most versatile guys out there.
1/29/2016 9:07 AM
Your guy can even hit a little.    Seems like the new DITR are on 'roids.   Unfortunately, some, like mine, just got huge testicles, defensive jumps and no hitting skills.
1/29/2016 1:17 PM
This guy is on a team I just took over. He had huge gains for 2 seasons....

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=6451106

2/3/2016 4:12 PM
I don't have a lot of HBD experience but this guy might be the best DITR I've had so far. The fact that, during spring training, he progressed 3 points in control, vLH, and vRH and 2 points across all pitches seems to bode well for his future potential. Hopefully his 90 makeup keeps those gains going.
5/15/2016 8:53 PM (edited)
Granted, there's a lot of "ifs" and "buts" involved, but I recently got a DITR in one of my worlds who now projects to:

RNG/GLV/AS/AA/PC = 41/65/67/75/77
CON/PWR/VSL/VSR/BE = 49/82/73/77/84

He got a significant current ratings bump via the DITR itself, and his first post-DITR development cycle saw jumps of 2-3 points in a number of ratings. He's only 21, so he's got a lot of development time left. With a makeup of 79.

Most interesting thing about him (to me) is that he came from Tryout Camp, so that should give you an idea of where his current ratings started from. It will be fun to watch him develop to see where he ends up.
12/7/2016 12:00 PM
I wonder what the highest DITR topped out at? I see plenty projected for 80+ but has anyone ever seen one go that high? I have on that is a 75 and should get to 80 easily
12/7/2016 4:35 PM
Looks like Charlstone hit the jackpot. Although it's kind of like cheating on a low durability guy who already looked to be decent Player Profile: Luther Verdugo - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

Edit: And on second glance of course it's one of Mike's teams. Also the player he was taking $hit for drafting in the first round. Haha, that guy will probably be a top5 hitter or better.
12/8/2016 5:04 AM (edited)
Yup.
12/8/2016 7:14 AM
Well now my questions would be, anyone else ever seen a DiTR on a player drafted in the first round? And can I take it as a clear(ish) indication that DiTR eligibility is based on either current Overall or unseen Projection rather than anything else?

12/8/2016 8:45 AM
I'm sure. It's sort of like playing the Lotto. The guy looked like a good player with limited DUR. I thought, worst case, he's a platoon VL when he matures. So, not matter what, I'm getting something with pick 29. Best case, I hit the DITR Lotto. If he develops like Pujols, he'll be able to play a solid RF and maybe even be adequate at 3B. Anyone picking late in the first should be looking for guys like this.
12/8/2016 9:14 AM
Posted by damag on 12/8/2016 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Well now my questions would be, anyone else ever seen a DiTR on a player drafted in the first round? And can I take it as a clear(ish) indication that DiTR eligibility is based on either current Overall or unseen Projection rather than anything else?

The old rule of thumb, and I believe it's still the case, is that DITR eligibility is determined by having a projected OVR that is < 60.

And that projected OVR would be his "true" projected OVR, not necessarily the OVR you see that is fuzzied by whatever budget you are seeing it through.
12/8/2016 9:37 AM
Posted by kartchy on 12/7/2016 4:35:00 PM (view original):
I wonder what the highest DITR topped out at? I see plenty projected for 80+ but has anyone ever seen one go that high? I have on that is a 75 and should get to 80 easily
Under the original DITR system, Dave Smith was a freak case in which he actually got two DITR bumps at the same time. He ended up topping out at an 81 OVR, and had a decent MLB career.

Under the new DITR system, Turner Springer is the best that I've seen, currently a 77 OVR and performing well for me as a role player.
12/8/2016 9:43 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.