Best I've seen is 76 OVR RP Player Profile: Luis Duran - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

I traded for this guy who is still improving. Very similar to Mike's guy but lower ceiling: Player Profile: Trenidad Melo - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

I drafted Bart Karnuth in the supp round with a similar lotto plan as Mike. $20M scouting has him at 59 OVR though so he may not even make the DITR cut. Either way I'll take 90/69/90/73/69 for 200 AB's a year.
12/8/2016 3:49 PM (edited)
I traded for this guy: https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7638413

And this guy will be close to 80: https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7565217

It does seem like DITR are getting better
12/8/2016 3:50 PM
Gabby Medina is the only DITR I've ever had that was worth using at the ML level.
12/8/2016 5:48 PM
I wish I was as tech savvy as you guys and could post names instead of links
12/8/2016 5:51 PM
Is the cutoff still around 59 OA?

And also what attributes have a chance to get boosted by the DITR? Thanks
12/10/2016 2:22 PM
I believe so.

As far as I know all ratings except the general ratings (Durability -> Makeup) can get the bump. Don't think velocity gets a bump either.
12/10/2016 3:52 PM
Posted by brianplath on 12/10/2016 3:52:00 PM (view original):
I believe so.

As far as I know all ratings except the general ratings (Durability -> Makeup) can get the bump. Don't think velocity gets a bump either.
You mean for position players, right? From what I've seen pitchers almost always get DUR/STA bumps. I just had a pitcher who was drafted as an RP turn into a prospective SP because his pitch count went up.

12/10/2016 7:24 PM
Forgot to post my ML SP's B.C. Aquilino and Dayton Kubel. Nothing flashy but solid enough ratings across the board to be mid-late rotation guys. Both should also squeeze a few more points of development here and there.

B.C: 4.10 ERA, 1.35 WHIP in 324 IP
Kubel: 4.6 ERA, 1.32 WHIP in 350 IP

damag: STA can increase yes. You have a good example of a jump in DUR outside of normal development? I've never seen a significant jump but I probably haven't been paying too close attention.

EDIT: Just noticed this guy, Louis Graham in one of my leagues. 33 DUR but those hitting ratings
12/11/2016 5:17 AM (edited)
Posted by brianplath on 12/11/2016 5:17:00 AM (view original):
Forgot to post my ML SP's B.C. Aquilino and Dayton Kubel. Nothing flashy but solid enough ratings across the board to be mid-late rotation guys. Both should also squeeze a few more points of development here and there.

B.C: 4.10 ERA, 1.35 WHIP in 324 IP
Kubel: 4.6 ERA, 1.32 WHIP in 350 IP

damag: STA can increase yes. You have a good example of a jump in DUR outside of normal development? I've never seen a significant jump but I probably haven't been paying too close attention.

EDIT: Just noticed this guy, Louis Graham in one of my leagues. 33 DUR but those hitting ratings
Hey, I think you're right. I reviewed all my DiTRs, DUR might get a bit of a bump, but it's usually STA where the big increase is.

12/11/2016 9:33 AM
Player Profile: Derek Jenkins - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports will make it to 80 OVR at some point soon,

Player Profile: Fernando Colon - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports got the ol +14 OVR from his initial DITR boost, that's so ridiculous

The fixed attributes are:
defensive arm strength, all 6 of the yellows, bunting, push/pull, velocity, GB/FB

The variable attributes are:
range, glove, defensive arm acc, pitch calling (*catchers only), contact, power, hitting splits, eye, baserunning
stamina, control, pitching splits, P1-P5 as applicable

The best candidates are:
-already high in fixed attributes
-very low in "physical" variable attributes
-in a very specific "sweet spot" range in "coaching" variable attributes

So like Colon for example,
-49 Dur isn't great, 31 velocity not ideal (75+ is always desirable), but 99 health, 83 re-signability, 98 makeup, 94 GBFB
-11 stamina pre-DITR is virtually nothing, esp combined with 49 Dur, but stamina tends to increase the most so you want somebody who starts with 10 as opposed to somebody who starts at 90. the guy who starts at 90 doesn't benefit from the best part of the boost
-prior to the boost his C-L-R were 59-63-53 which is exceptional, I'm happy with any guy who starts in the range of 55-35-40, or sometimes as low as 50-30-30. Control and splits tend to increase by about 30ish points apiece over the DITR development life-cycle, thus 55-35-40 becomes 85-65-70
-Also for some reason the boost tends to increase "weak-side" split more than "strong-side" split, so like his vL was +10 over his vR but it's already only +7, and it'll eventually even out or be slightly "backwards", which is fine, it's not bad or anything. Just not sure why it's coded that way
12/12/2016 1:58 PM
Player Profile: Bobby Evans - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports is the best diamond in the rough I've ever had. 15th round draft pick that has a ratings increase from 37 to 76 and still counting.
12/13/2016 7:59 PM
◂ Prev 1234

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.