Cecil the Lion Topic

Taint, I know you're not stupid enough not to recognize the difference between a consistently-outraged group made up of 0.05% of the nation's population and the massive uproar over this one lion.
8/4/2015 3:49 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
How is Cecil doing nowadays?
8/6/2015 7:49 AM
8/6/2015 7:53 AM
That's not a lion.
8/6/2015 8:31 AM
Wow.  Just can't get anything past you, can I?
8/6/2015 8:40 AM
I like animals better than people.    People suck.   Animals might eat you but it's because they're hungry.    But that one won't.    First, because he's dead.  Second, he's a deer.  Deer don't eat people.
8/6/2015 9:24 AM
I'll add that some might find that just as offensive as BL posting a dead Trayvon pic or me posting R. Budd Dwyer offing himself.

Just sayin'.
8/6/2015 9:26 AM
Animals are not = people.  So there's that.

Plus, there's no definite indication that the deer in the photo is dead.  He might be just taking a nap.  Or maybe even pining for the fjord's.

8/6/2015 9:48 AM
No one said they were.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure you don't get to decide what offends people, tec_luck.
8/6/2015 9:52 AM
Are you offended?  I'll take it down if you are.
8/6/2015 9:55 AM
Offended might be a bit strong.    I'm not a big fan of making sport of an animal's untimely end.   If that were my dog, I'd want to beat someone's ***. 

IOW, I eat meat.   I don't stand around and taunt the cows before they take a steel rod to the brain.    Seems like we, as the superior species, should be better than that.

“You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.”
8/6/2015 10:04 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/6/2015 9:24:00 AM (view original):
I like animals better than people.    People suck.   Animals might eat you but it's because they're hungry.    But that one won't.    First, because he's dead.  Second, he's a deer.  Deer don't eat people.
Deer don't eat people because we don't taste good.  People eat deer because they're delicious (if prepared properly, venison is much leaner than beef and thus grills quicker.  Overdone venison is not yummy.)
8/6/2015 10:15 AM
Dead deer on the side of the road don't offend me.  This deer is dead because it has not developed the sense to use the crosswalk just a couple hundred feet up the road.  He shall serve as a reminder to all of those humans who also lack such basic understanding.
8/6/2015 10:17 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Cecil the Lion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.