Impressive.  He got hurt while recovering.  That takes skill.
9/1/2015 1:31 PM

Once, in Little League, Quinn strained an eyelid while applying a band-aid to his ankle.

9/1/2015 1:39 PM
Holy crap! Keep those guys on the DL. They'll be 50 years old and have ratings of 100 in their recovery categories.
9/1/2015 2:48 PM
Smalley actually had a regular season cycle that somehow disappeared when he was injured again in AAA.    I signed him in hopes that he'd get the multi-cycle recoveries and become a playoff roster addition.    Unfortunately, after winning 110 in the regular season, we only got 4 playoff games and he didn't even get to participate. 
9/1/2015 4:06 PM
FYI https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6426581

Now is that pretty much all you can hope for? Or is a third injury bump possible?
9/3/2015 2:47 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Roy Davis got hurt again so I put him on the 60 again.   Better than he was when he started the season.   Go figure.
9/4/2015 11:57 AM
I have always budgeted 12-18m in medical and I have never had a guy come back from the DL with improved ratings.

I wonder if Jacob Vaughn will ever return to his former self.
9/6/2015 3:03 PM
My 4x Cy Young winner went down for 190 days or so late in the season.  The regular season is over and he is still out 158 days. He actually did get one ratings bump so far.www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx  Will he stay on the DL through the start of next season and get more bumps?
9/7/2015 4:30 PM
If he's still hurt when you roll, you can put him on the DL and get Quinn Smalley recovery. 
9/7/2015 5:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/7/2015 5:27:00 PM (view original):
If he's still hurt when you roll, you can put him on the DL and get Quinn Smalley recovery. 
looks good to me.  Forgot to mention I have 20 mil medical
9/7/2015 6:36 PM
The bad news is that I kept Smaley on the DL until after the A/S break.   I didn't need him. 
9/7/2015 6:38 PM
Posted by mattster24 on 9/7/2015 4:30:00 PM (view original):
My 4x Cy Young winner went down for 190 days or so late in the season.  The regular season is over and he is still out 158 days. He actually did get one ratings bump so far.www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx  Will he stay on the DL through the start of next season and get more bumps?
The offseason is 110 days if I recall correctly... it'll be close but I think you should be OK.
9/7/2015 7:35 PM
Some new data to help figure out the new injury 'bug' update. Maybe someone can see a pattern because I sure as heck can't. Keep in mind, these are all with $20 million medical.

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5662605

Jair Sanchez goes down on September 1st for 36 days with Shoulder Tendonitis, I put him on the 60 day DL. I think he is on day 50 or something like that (I always find it hard to tell when the DL goes over the injury time). He made one recovery and got all of his stats back. He may have gotten injured too late to get a second bump as we have now played game 152 and I haven't seen a second recovery. Regardless, he is back to normal, not too much to complain about. His makeup is 80. Take that as you will.

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5249721

Fautino Carasquel goes down on August 23rd with a shoulder impingement. I put him on the 60 day DL. He's probably going to be my 'Closer' in the post season but I don't need him now. He recovers fully and then gets an injury recovery in all of the right places. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy. Note that his Makeup is 90.

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6680613

Einar Veras was my DiTR from my previous season. I didn't expect him to make it to the bigs but was curious to see how he progressed. He went down with an elbow stress fracture on July 30th and was immediately put on the 60 day DL. He has yet to receive an injury recovery and it doesn't look like he is going to get one. It pretty much looks like he is a total write off now. Note that his makeup is 78.

What the heck is going on with the new injury system now? Is this how its supposed to be?

9/17/2015 6:23 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.