What's Your Walk-Up Music? Topic

Back to the 80's...

Turn Up The Radio - Autograph

or

For A Rocker - Jackson Browne

8/14/2015 1:01 AM
Posted by pinotfan on 8/13/2015 12:22:00 AM (view original):
"Jocko ****".

Or just about anything off the Dead Kennedy's "Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables".
If we ever meet in real life, remind me to tell you the story of the time I bullshitted with Jello Biafra without knowing who he was.
8/14/2015 2:08 AM
So many choices, but probably Centerfield by John Fogerty. Put me in coach, I'm ready to play.
8/14/2015 2:10 AM
Posted by thejuice6 on 8/14/2015 1:01:00 AM (view original):

Back to the 80's...

or

I once won a bet with one of our authors regarding Autograph's "Turn Up the Radio". She insisted that it was by Cinderella; I knew it was Autograph, which she'd never heard of, making her even more confident. If I lost the bet, she would've gotten to have a button on the front of her books that when pushed elicited whale sounds. It was a children's book for kids with special needs. Kind of cool idea, but I was secure in my '80s Hair Band knowledge and made the bet without any fear. Book sold about 20K copies; wonder what it would've sold with the whale sounds button?
8/14/2015 9:44 AM
Posted by hersheybear on 8/14/2015 9:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thejuice6 on 8/14/2015 1:01:00 AM (view original):

Back to the 80's...

or

I once won a bet with one of our authors regarding Autograph's "Turn Up the Radio". She insisted that it was by Cinderella; I knew it was Autograph, which she'd never heard of, making her even more confident. If I lost the bet, she would've gotten to have a button on the front of her books that when pushed elicited whale sounds. It was a children's book for kids with special needs. Kind of cool idea, but I was secure in my '80s Hair Band knowledge and made the bet without any fear. Book sold about 20K copies; wonder what it would've sold with the whale sounds button?
Was she hot? if so, I would have said screw the whale "button" and made the bet to include un-"buttoning" some of her outer wear. If she wasn't hot, then I guess the whale songs were a good second choice. Got to go for yourself once in a while when the opportunity of a sure thing knocks.
8/14/2015 2:28 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/14/2015 2:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pinotfan on 8/13/2015 12:22:00 AM (view original):
"Jocko ****".

Or just about anything off the Dead Kennedy's "Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables".
If we ever meet in real life, remind me to tell you the story of the time I bullshitted with Jello Biafra without knowing who he was.
Where do you call home? 

One of the proudest moments of my youth was being at the Whiskey in Hollywood, elbows on the center of the stage.  Fought all night to hold my position against the dancers (it wasn't called a mosh pit then; it was just people letting off steam).  Jello stage dives, and kicks me in the forehead as he goes.  Anyone who was part of the punk scene in LA or NY in the late '70s/early '80's will understand.

One of the great things about being in LA is running into celebs in everyday life.  I was at the House of Blues one night for a War performance (I knew the sax player), and was upstairs having a scotch when I accidentally bumped the guy standing next to me.  I apologized; he was cool, and we just hung out for the evening.  When the concert was over I found my group, who were curious as to where I'd been all night.  I told them I was just hanging out with this guy I bumped into at the bar.  Who, they asked; him, I replied, pointing at the gentleman walking by.  "Yo Chris, goodnight" said Rick James. 
8/14/2015 4:12 PM (edited)
A friend and I have given this some thought. My fave has to be Casey Jones by the Grateful Dead. "Driving that train... high on cocaine..."

I guess I'm another ex-punk. I saw the Dead Kennedys a couple of times when I lived in Berkeley in the early '80s.
8/14/2015 5:06 PM
Thunderstruck
8/14/2015 6:01 PM
i liked the hits by the dead kennedys but my favorite california band was X.
8/14/2015 6:01 PM
'Low Life' by Theory of a Deadman
8/14/2015 7:45 PM
Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries
8/14/2015 7:58 PM (edited)
anything by the dead be ok, Jackson brown cant hit
8/14/2015 8:46 PM
Posted by dino27 on 8/14/2015 6:01:00 PM (view original):
i liked the hits by the dead kennedys but my favorite california band was X.
ANOTHER great thing about the LA punk scene: saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers (in all their athletic socks glory) OPENING for X.

As for the best CA band, unfortunately I am a touch too young to have seen the Doors, although my older brother did. 
8/14/2015 9:02 PM
This is my walk-up music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu0gtTfXEpc&list=PL9D32BD47FFBFDBAD

8/15/2015 5:11 PM

Thought of another great one today - Rebel Rebel by Bowie.  I can see someone like Puig doing a routine to this as he's walking up to the plate...

8/17/2015 1:55 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
What's Your Walk-Up Music? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.