Little League Softball Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
So you are saying that 12 year old girls are role models for MLB Players?

8/20/2015 8:00 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 8/20/2015 8:00:00 PM (view original):
So you are saying that 12 year old girls are role models for MLB Players?

Is that what you think I'm saying?  If so, I have two words for you:  Adult Education.  Take a class.

I'm saying if 12 y/o will cheat to gain an advantage for basically nothing, who the **** wouldn't to gain an advantage for millions?

8/20/2015 8:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/19/2015 9:06:00 AM (view original):
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/2015/08/18/little-league-softball-world-series-scandal-iowa-washington-playoff/31894837/

When 12 y/o girls will cheat just to better their chances of advancing, can we really blame MLB players for using PED to make millions?
It's not the girls' fault.  It's their coaches fault.  A pretty ****** lesson in sportsmanship.
8/20/2015 9:13 PM

I left a word out when responding to crickett's dumbassery.    I blame alcohol.   Alcohol is not a PED.

8/21/2015 6:34 AM
So being a crybaby from Iowa is a good thing?
8/21/2015 12:08 PM
Posted by edsortails on 8/21/2015 12:08:00 PM (view original):
So being a crybaby from Iowa is a good thing?
Being from or in Iowa is never a good thing.
8/21/2015 12:16 PM
Only edso would taunt 12 y/o girls with catcalls of "crybabies!!!"
8/21/2015 1:19 PM
NOT TRUE!
8/21/2015 2:08 PM
I live 5 minutes from Snohomish, WA.  It's big news out here probably because nobody is paying attention to the Mariners!
8/21/2015 4:07 PM
For anyone who has ever coached in tournaments that use similar tie-breakers, the problem is the tie-breaker system, not the coach. Any system that allows a team to gain an advantage by doing less than their best, is a flawed system. As a coach am I showing poor sportsmanship if I play my bench and rest my starters in pool play when I have the number one see wrapped up, but the game means my "weaker" opponent beats out another team? 

The problem is the system, not the coach. And baseball/softball is a very tough sport to "call off the dogs". In football, you go off-tackle again and again. In basketball you don't press, you maximize the shot clock, you run a motion offense. In soccer you control the ball. But what do you do in baseball? You can't tell kids to play bad defense or to not try and hit the ball. So work on your bunting.

8/23/2015 6:04 AM
LET THE KIDS TRY DIFFERENT POSITIONS. SS AT C, 2B AT CF, ETC.
8/23/2015 6:07 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 8/23/2015 6:04:00 AM (view original):
For anyone who has ever coached in tournaments that use similar tie-breakers, the problem is the tie-breaker system, not the coach. Any system that allows a team to gain an advantage by doing less than their best, is a flawed system. As a coach am I showing poor sportsmanship if I play my bench and rest my starters in pool play when I have the number one see wrapped up, but the game means my "weaker" opponent beats out another team? 

The problem is the system, not the coach. And baseball/softball is a very tough sport to "call off the dogs". In football, you go off-tackle again and again. In basketball you don't press, you maximize the shot clock, you run a motion offense. In soccer you control the ball. But what do you do in baseball? You can't tell kids to play bad defense or to not try and hit the ball. So work on your bunting.

Evidently the powers that be in LL think "yes, you are showing poor sportsmanship."   Truth is, when the game means something to someone, even if it's not you, you should try your best.   The system should be fixed but part of the problem is the coach.  He was not a moron that didn't understand the game meant something to the Iowa team.   He attempted to manipulate the system.    And the kids paid for it.
8/23/2015 6:29 AM
123 Next ▸
Little League Softball Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.