Kim Davis Topic

Is it just me, or does she look waaay too much like Karl Rove with a cheap wig?
9/8/2015 1:48 PM
Posted by moy23 on 9/8/2015 1:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/7/2015 7:27:00 PM (view original):
She should resign and STFU.

Her job is not to enforce The Bible.  It's to issue a legal marriage license.

While I don't necessarily agree with her position she is proceeding about it he right way. Go to jail, fight it legally. Better than throwing bricks and burning down the place because those ends justify the means in her opinion.
She isn't actually fighting anything. She's sitting in jail until she resigns or follows the law.

The judge released her today on the condition that she issue licenses. If she refuses, she'll be back in jail.  
9/8/2015 1:53 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2015 1:53:00 PM (view original):

While I don't necessarily agree with her position she is proceeding about it he right way. Go to jail, fight it legally. Better than throwing bricks and burning down the place because those ends justify the means in her opinion.
She isn't actually fighting anything. She's sitting in jail until she resigns or follows the law.

The judge released her today on the condition that she issue licenses. If she refuses, she'll be back in jail.  
I haven't been following much cause I just don't care... But I thought I saw there was plenty of non-violent support such as protesters outside the jail, a couple of scheduled Senator visits, and legal counsel.

Sitting in jail is still better than burning down a neighborhood or potentially getting shot for resisting arrest.
9/8/2015 2:06 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bronxcheer on 9/8/2015 2:11:00 PM (view original):
HER 3 EX-HUSBANDS ALL CALLED HER A *****
Freedom of speech, great. By just looking at this woman, and trying to figure out why in hell not one but THREE dudes would ever agree to marry her, gives them all very little credibility imo.
9/8/2015 2:15 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

Of course she's fighting something.  It's a futile effort, but she's protesting the fact that she's legally being forced to do something that she is personally and morally opposed to.

The proper course of action is that if she's unable to perform the legal requirements of the job she's been elected to perform, she should resign.

Putting her in jail is just making her a martyr to her cause.  YOU might not agree with her cause, but a lot of people do.  And now she's becoming a symbol to them.

9/8/2015 2:17 PM
Posted by moy23 on 9/8/2015 2:07:00 PM (view original):

I haven't been following much cause I just don't care... But I thought I saw there was plenty of non-violent support such as protesters outside the jail, a couple of scheduled Senator visits, and legal counsel.

Sitting in jail is still better than burning down a neighborhood or potentially getting shot for resisting arrest.
I wonder what the protesters response would have been if the bailiff had murdered Davis while she was handcuffed?
9/8/2015 2:18 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/8/2015 2:17:00 PM (view original):

Of course she's fighting something.  It's a futile effort, but she's protesting the fact that she's legally being forced to do something that she is personally and morally opposed to.

The proper course of action is that if she's unable to perform the legal requirements of the job she's been elected to perform, she should resign.

Putting her in jail is just making her a martyr to her cause.  YOU might not agree with her cause, but a lot of people do.  And now she's becoming a symbol to them.

No one can force her to resign. And she can't be fired.

The only available actions are 1) let her defy the law and refuse to issue certificates 2) jail her for contempt. There is no other option.

She's (apparently) decided she won't stand in the way of the issuance. So she is being let out.
9/8/2015 2:21 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2015 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 9/8/2015 2:07:00 PM (view original):

I wonder what the protesters response would have been if the bailiff had murdered Davis while she was handcuffed?
Good thing for Davis she didn't punch the bailiff, try and take his weapon, resist orders, or try and escape.... Otherwise we might have found out
9/8/2015 2:28 PM

Also good for her that she isn't black. Otherwise her "Christian" supporters wouldn't give a **** if she was dead.

9/8/2015 2:31 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2015 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 9/8/2015 2:17:00 PM (view original):

No one can force her to resign. And she can't be fired.

The only available actions are 1) let her defy the law and refuse to issue certificates 2) jail her for contempt. There is no other option.

She's (apparently) decided she won't stand in the way of the issuance. So she is being let out.
Those are NOT the only available actions.  She could be impeached by the state legislature and removed from office.  She can also be subjected to recall by the voters who elected her.

9/8/2015 3:18 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2015 2:31:00 PM (view original):

Also good for her that she isn't black. Otherwise her "Christian" supporters wouldn't give a **** if she was dead.

Thanks for taking the discussion down that road.

******* moron.

9/8/2015 3:18 PM

I am not a religious person but even I know that plenty of white 'Christian' churches volunteer to help others, including black people.... I've worked with a good sum of congregations over the last decade plus and they often recruit parishioners to help with innercity outreach programs and in many instances foreign outreach to impoverished people in Africa.
9/8/2015 3:21 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/8/2015 3:18:00 PM (view original):

Thanks for taking the discussion down that road.

******* moron.

I'm falling for it again, aren't I?
9/8/2015 3:22 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Kim Davis Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.