Might be an idea to make Customer Service aware of it ?
10/6/2015 8:04 PM
Posted by mojolad on 10/6/2015 8:04:00 PM (view original):
Might be an idea to make Customer Service aware of it ?
Is Customer Service really "aware" of anything?
10/7/2015 7:36 AM
i have a ticket in detailing the sequence of events and including this post that goes back to last years events which in hindsight has been the spark for this calculated attack by UM & Illinois. Now UM has taken to the chat to point out all the other coaches who jumped in well after this and also got my greens yellow as some sort of "proof" that its not just him & the other guy. Covering the tracks as it were
10/7/2015 10:26 AM (edited)
The guy has been playing GD for a good period of time and this is his overall record:  374-364.   No conference titles to speak of.     Apparently he isn't a very good coach and "winning" for him is going after a top coach's targets in recruiting.       I am sure he is a real treat in real life as well.
10/7/2015 11:42 AM
esf..if you get a response from WIS, can you let me know your ticket number? The Penn St coach did not recruit at all through the first day and a half. Then apparently decided to pick on one team in the Big East to steal all his recruits. 
10/8/2015 12:28 AM
#133744 Is the ticket. I have not received a response, but they may have investigated according to Michigan. He said they found nothing in the chat....FWIW, i dont believe PSU is in any way part of this thing. They just got a late start i am sure
10/8/2015 9:42 AM
Don't know about that. Seems very strange that he specifically targeted one team's recruits when there were better recruits closer to home.
10/8/2015 10:20 AM
BJ, I think you are seeing a phantom conspiracy.  It looks like Penn State only targeted recruits he would have gone after if he had not missed the first day of recruiting.  The #1 WR,  #4 RB, #6 QB,#6 and 25 OL and the #15 DL.  All within 150 miles of PSU.  All recruits you would expect scottso to be intereseted in.

I agree that it sucks for Temple and pretty much ruins their class, but don't think you should be calling scottso out for cheating or reporting him to WIS.  I shared recruiting ground with scottso for 30 seasons and never saw anything that resembled collusion or cheating.
10/8/2015 12:45 PM
OK, I'll take your guys' word for it. I guess I owe scottso an apology. FYI I never reported anything to WIS.
10/8/2015 12:50 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 10/8/2015 9:42:00 AM (view original):
#133744 Is the ticket. I have not received a response, but they may have investigated according to Michigan. He said they found nothing in the chat....FWIW, i dont believe PSU is in any way part of this thing. They just got a late start i am sure
THEY RESPONDED TO MY TICKET:  

Hi xxxxx,

Thank you for sending in your ticket.

We agree that esf0242 is having a difficult time recruiting due to the number of battles that he is engaged in, and that it does not fall on you or akite30 acting in a collusive manner.

After review, we do not see anything collusive here, but keep in mind that sharing any recruiting information or colluding with another owner during recruiting is against our Terms of Use.

Thanks again.
10/8/2015 2:10 PM
So, lets let everyone else decide if I colluded.   First of all, As esf stated, akite30 completely bombed his first attempt at d1 recruiting. It was pitiful. Then I offered to give him a tutorial and he stated that esf  already taught him how to recruit in D1.

I asked him if he minded telling me what esf had told him.  He did.  I disagreed with esf's philosophy and in the process he divulged his own recruiting strategy. And for the sake of being decent; I won't divulge to the public.  Notre dame and michigan share a fair amount of top 180's. Illinois and Notre Dame share even more.  

Before the season even started Akite30 was under the impression that the recruits actually have choices. Fluff you get back when a recruit declines a visit. I explained to him that recruiting was nothing more then math and algorythms. 

Esf pointed out to akite30 the advantages that elites have over bcs but failed to explain his own disadvantages. eg. large recruit classes.  Esf also explained to akite30 to  recruit 4 to 5 different recruits for every open scholarship. I disagreed with this as well. 

I explained to akite30 that in given situations that elites can be beat. Espeically when they fail to balance their classes. Get caught recruit to far from home, take on too many battles etc. 

Now, I said this in general terms. NOT NOTRE DAME SPECIFIC.

A couple weeks later recruiting starts.  I go about my business and I always stay within my 180(except a rare qb situation). I will battle as many people as it takes within my 180. I mostly win with this strategy but occasionaly lose. Anyway, I noticed I am locked horns with 4 or 5 recruits with Notre Dame. I pressed on and when I updated my yatrz tool I then noticed Illinois and Wisconsin started turning ND recruits yellow. Then Iowa and Marshall.

At no ppoint in time did I ever speack about any recruits with any other coaches. NOR did I say or imply to gang up on any one coach.

ESF is crying the blues right now becuase he has had back to back subpar recruiting seasons. And he probably will continue to do so if he keeps unbalanced classes  He is a fantastic coach and would be a shame to see him go because he thinks I am cheating. 

These are the facts and you all have the chance to weigh it and make a claim. ps sorry for the mispells. typing very fast to get this out.

10/8/2015 2:34 PM
well said and good luck to you. you forgot to mention back to back NC appearances with one title out of it so crying about my poor state is a bit of an exaggeration but whatever. 
10/8/2015 3:05 PM
Posted by bkdries on 10/8/2015 12:45:00 PM (view original):
BJ, I think you are seeing a phantom conspiracy.  It looks like Penn State only targeted recruits he would have gone after if he had not missed the first day of recruiting.  The #1 WR,  #4 RB, #6 QB,#6 and 25 OL and the #15 DL.  All within 150 miles of PSU.  All recruits you would expect scottso to be intereseted in.

I agree that it sucks for Temple and pretty much ruins their class, but don't think you should be calling scottso out for cheating or reporting him to WIS.  I shared recruiting ground with scottso for 30 seasons and never saw anything that resembled collusion or cheating.
After thinking about it and calming down a bit, this is the case. In three years here its the first issue or instance like this.

I think he just got a late start, which I thought was the case. Completely ruins my class, but it happens to best of us at times. Things don't always go our way in everything. We regroup and move forward, dwelling on it or even thinking about it really ticks me off. He did nothing wrong, just part of the game sometimes. Real life factors in, in ways we would never expect sometimes.

10/8/2015 3:10 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 10/8/2015 3:05:00 PM (view original):
well said and good luck to you. you forgot to mention back to back NC appearances with one title out of it so crying about my poor state is a bit of an exaggeration but whatever. 
Your back to back nat title games are respective of recruiting 3 and 4 seasons ago.  No one is doubting your skill esf. edited after reading your sitemail.
10/8/2015 4:02 PM (edited)
SO did ESF have himself removed from Notre Dame in the middle of recruiting?
10/8/2015 11:42 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.