Also tack on recruits in others 180's : Wisconsin, Iowa, Marshall, Nebraska battles with ND and this ended up being the "perfect storm". Doesn't happen often.
10/10/2015 9:03 AM
Can you guys please keep arguing?  I have enjoyed reading this thread.  Its been pretty dead on the forums lately.  
10/11/2015 4:42 PM
lol
10/11/2015 5:51 PM
Posted by gators06 on 10/11/2015 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Can you guys please keep arguing?  I have enjoyed reading this thread.  Its been pretty dead on the forums lately.  
Agreed. This is the most active thread since the old days when you hav worlds that were 80% full.
10/11/2015 6:13 PM
interesting enuff is that "Wrath of Khan" is on tonight on IFC. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYPsoxpt0BU

10/14/2015 10:04 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 10/14/2015 10:04:00 PM (view original):
interesting enuff is that "Wrath of Khan" is on tonight on IFC. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYPsoxpt0BU

Are we talking "Ghengis" or "Irving" Khan ? 
10/15/2015 3:23 AM
Are you still looking for your dad, mojolad?
10/15/2015 6:27 AM
I'm going to summarize this thread.  There's a coach who got his clock cleaned because he fails to grasp basic game theory.

Ridiculous.
10/15/2015 11:51 PM
Posted by badaxe on 10/15/2015 6:27:00 AM (view original):
Are you still looking for your dad, mojolad?
             I don't get the reference ?

10/16/2015 3:18 AM
CS just got back to me, and claims that after ESF was removed from Notre Dame, SIMAI undertook NO additional recruiting effort (remember, ND was out of funds).  They are apparently unable to explain how a recruit went from "I'm close to reaching a decision and I'm leaning your way. I just need a little more time to make sure I'm making the right decision" to signing with the SIMAI team a day and a half later, without any further effort being expended by Notre Dame.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy that.  There are two alternatives, neither of which is very appealing: (1) CS is wrong, and for some reason they are lying to me about the SIMAI not undertaking any additional recruiting effort; or (2) it is somehow possible for a team you are leading in recruiting, to overtake you without additional recruiting effort.

10/19/2015 3:39 PM
I wonder if recruiting effort is weighted in some way, and they either are unaware of that or are unwilling to say so.

For example, for a human coach every effort is 1:1 (1 coach visit by a human owner is worth 1 point; 1 campus visit by a human owner is worth 2 points, etc).
But if simai effort is weighted in some other way, like 1:2  (for example, 1 coach visit by simai is worth 2 points; 1 campus visit by a simai is worth 4 points), then all of Notre Dame's human efforts were 're-weighted' according to a higher simai scale.

This would've resulted in ND's 'effort points' doubling when esf left.

I just made all of this up but it would explain it.

10/19/2015 4:08 PM
Posted by hawkfan1992 on 10/19/2015 3:39:00 PM (view original):
CS just got back to me, and claims that after ESF was removed from Notre Dame, SIMAI undertook NO additional recruiting effort (remember, ND was out of funds).  They are apparently unable to explain how a recruit went from "I'm close to reaching a decision and I'm leaning your way. I just need a little more time to make sure I'm making the right decision" to signing with the SIMAI team a day and a half later, without any further effort being expended by Notre Dame.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy that.  There are two alternatives, neither of which is very appealing: (1) CS is wrong, and for some reason they are lying to me about the SIMAI not undertaking any additional recruiting effort; or (2) it is somehow possible for a team you are leading in recruiting, to overtake you without additional recruiting effort.

I always thought we were to take any words in a recruit email with a grain of salt. He could say "I'm leaning your way" to four different schools. A recruit isn't yours until he signs... am I wrong about that?
10/19/2015 6:13 PM
if this is true he should have still received another email indicating the player was leaning the other way after the switch
10/19/2015 6:14 PM
I've always understood the "Leaning...." emails to be gospel.
10/19/2015 6:21 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 10/19/2015 6:21:00 PM (view original):
I've always understood the "Leaning...." emails to be gospel.
Only if it's the response to your scholarship offer.
10/19/2015 6:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.