Weekly overreactions Topic

I don't think it's happening this year.    There was a big stink because the B12 was left out when everyone KNEW a Power 5 would be left out.   TCU dropped from 3 to 6 while doing nothing.  MSU won't be playing OSU in the conference championship whereas the 2 loss PAC12/ACC teams would be winning their conference.    So, yeah, I could definitely see a 2 loss conference champ going in over a 1 loss team that didn't even PLAY in a conference championship.
9/10/2015 4:11 PM
South Florida tied with Florida St. at the half, but the big shocker thus far is Jacksonville St. up 10-6 on Auburn with 3 minutes left in the 1st half.
9/12/2015 1:14 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
An overrated SEC team? Couldn't be.
9/12/2015 3:56 PM
Toledo beats Arkansas.  Auburn shouldn't be ranked, but probably will be.  Tennessee chokes away the game, but can still pull it out in OT.  Missou tied with Arkansas St. in the 3rd quarter.

Big Ten still sucks aside from the top 2, but MSU up 7 at the half against Oregon.

9/12/2015 9:38 PM
and Tennessee completes the choke job.
9/12/2015 10:08 PM
Week Two overreactions
SEC is overrated
BYU is a top 20 team
Florida State is horrible
Michigan State is a playoff team
Oregon is not

LOL@edso/TN
9/13/2015 8:00 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Based solely on this seasons results, the SEC absolutely is overrated. Those "cream puffs" they have devoured in past seasons have given them fits this season. Maybe that changes, but until it does, it seems 10 Top 25 teams was at least 2 times too many.
9/13/2015 9:33 AM
Please list your top 25.   I could easily put 8 SEC teams in it.   Arkansas/Tennessee have been overrated.    I wasn't sold on Auburn as a top 10 team but I'd put them in the top 25.
9/13/2015 9:58 AM
8 teams? Based on this season's results. and nothing else? That's just crazy. For example, is a come-from-behind OT win at home over Jackson State and a narrow win at home over a Louisville team that then lost at home to Houston the resume of a Top 25 team? Heck, BYU's 2 wins are much more impressive than that, yet you trash them. In your thinking, wins over Jackson State and Louisville are more deserving than wins at Nebraska and over Boise? Hop off the SEC-homer bus for a minute and be reasonable.
9/13/2015 10:44 AM
That was a kick in the gut loss.....I still don't feel like I have resumed normal breathing

One of the hardest losses I can remember....but I don't think this loss in any way says UT is overrated

I think they belong in the top 25 conversation and I still think (if there isn't a lingering hangover from this weekend) that winning the East is entirely possible...
9/13/2015 11:00 AM
BYU was losing by 10 going into the 4th vs. Boise.   They beat Nebraska on a Hail Mary.    BYU is KY/SC/Vandy-level.
9/13/2015 11:24 AM
Don't you play to win the game? Why do you care so much about style points?
9/13/2015 12:30 PM
W/L doesn't always indicate the better team.    If BYU were to play Nebraska/Boise St 10 times and the point spread was "pick 'em", I'd take Nebraska/Boise St every time.   And I'd finish with more than I started. 
9/13/2015 2:50 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...44 Next ▸
Weekly overreactions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.