Weekly overreactions Topic

Pac 12 is best conf top to bottom they clearly dont have one elite team obv, but they have the best depth of good teams
11/24/2015 5:19 PM
I thought so too.   They just did a **** poor job of proving it this year.    Is there one game where you can say "Yep, that was the PAC12's signature win"?

Utah over Michigan?   No one really thought much of Michigan when it happened.   Then they got better. 

11/24/2015 7:01 PM
Interesting that Notre Dame dropped to 6th in the playoff rankings and appears out without OU losing. 
11/24/2015 9:26 PM
As for the Pac 12, any conference where the third best team in conference lost to a FCS school is not the deepest conference.  Not even close.  Heck the best team in the Pac 12 lost to the 5th best team in the Big Ten.
11/24/2015 9:34 PM
TCU went from 3 to 6 last year without losing.    I see no reason the same couldn't happen to Oklahoma.
11/24/2015 9:42 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/24/2015 9:42:00 PM (view original):
TCU went from 3 to 6 last year without losing.    I see no reason the same couldn't happen to Oklahoma.
Which team do you think will be in the playoff if both Oklahoma and Notre Dame finish 11-1?
11/24/2015 10:01 PM
ND.  Common opponent is Texas.   ND lost by 2 in a monsoon at #1 in nation.   OK lost to Texas who ND crushed. 
11/24/2015 10:09 PM
Here's the thing.    People yap about the SEC having cupcake weekend.  They do.    But, in every conference, who has a "big win"?    Technically, OK will have three.   Over B12 opponents who have big wins over other B12 opponents.    Even if you have the odd MI/Utah, BAMA/WI or MSU/Oregon game, it's one game.   All teams are going to get the majority of their big wins over conference opponents.   Then people will say "Yeah, Bama beat Wisconsin and who?  Other SEC teams with 2-3 losses.  So what?"   It applies to every conference. 

If OSU played their annual cupcake, B10 schedule and three SEC opponents who just happened to be SC, KY and Vandy, who would they have beat?

11/24/2015 10:31 PM
Oklahoma is suddenly getting a lot of credit for beating the teams in the Big 12 that couldn't get any respect for winning their games. Interesting dynamic.

Notre Dame didn't look good against BC. 11 dead bodies could hold BC to a FG.
11/24/2015 11:37 PM
B12 teams using 2nd/3rd string QBs at that.
11/25/2015 6:48 AM
I still feel MSU has a better resume than Iowa, ND, and Oklahoma.   And they are getting healthier especially when Cook comes back.  If MSU beats Iowa I think they deserve the 2 seed over Bama.

OU/ND depends probably who looks the best between OU/Okie State and ND/Stanford.  I think if they look about even I think OU gets in, they have the worse loss, but seem to be hot and the better wins.
11/25/2015 7:23 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/24/2015 10:09:00 PM (view original):
ND.  Common opponent is Texas.   ND lost by 2 in a monsoon at #1 in nation.   OK lost to Texas who ND crushed. 
but why move OU ahead of ND now.  It doesn't make any sense.  If OU wins, I think they go ahead of ND as the 4th seed (assuming Clemson, Bama, and the Big Ten holds form).  I wonder what happens if PSU beats MSU and OSU ends up winning out.  Does OSU make the playoff or would it be OU and ND instead of it?
11/25/2015 8:01 AM
It won't come down to it because 2 will get in but MSU, ND or OK haven't been all that impressive.    ND has beaten mediocre/average PAC12(assuming Stanford win)/ACC teams.    Their best "win" is actually a 2 point loss to Clemson.    MSU has wins over Oregon(broken fingered QB), Michigan(blocked punt) and OSU(last second FG).  None of those wins were convincing.  OK lost to Texas, had to rally to beat TN, beat diminished(back-up QBS) TCU/Baylor and easily could have lost to TCU.   TCU/Baylor have been blasted for playing no one and now OK is getting credit for beating them.

Clemson/Bama are 1-2.   That shouldn't be disputed barring some craziness over the next two weeks.

11/25/2015 8:04 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/24/2015 10:31:00 PM (view original):
Here's the thing.    People yap about the SEC having cupcake weekend.  They do.    But, in every conference, who has a "big win"?    Technically, OK will have three.   Over B12 opponents who have big wins over other B12 opponents.    Even if you have the odd MI/Utah, BAMA/WI or MSU/Oregon game, it's one game.   All teams are going to get the majority of their big wins over conference opponents.   Then people will say "Yeah, Bama beat Wisconsin and who?  Other SEC teams with 2-3 losses.  So what?"   It applies to every conference. 

If OSU played their annual cupcake, B10 schedule and three SEC opponents who just happened to be SC, KY and Vandy, who would they have beat?

Yeah, but it is the non-con games when you can separate yourself as a conference from the rest of the conferences.  That is why those games are so important because you play 8, 9, or 10 games against your own conference those 3 or 4 other games are very important.  That is why all teams should at least play 1 other major opponent in the non-con.  The Big 10 saw the need and is actually requiring all of its schools to do that.  You do well in those games and on the whole your conference is improved.
11/25/2015 8:05 AM
Posted by moranis on 11/25/2015 8:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/24/2015 10:09:00 PM (view original):
but why move OU ahead of ND now.  It doesn't make any sense.  If OU wins, I think they go ahead of ND as the 4th seed (assuming Clemson, Bama, and the Big Ten holds form).  I wonder what happens if PSU beats MSU and OSU ends up winning out.  Does OSU make the playoff or would it be OU and ND instead of it?
It made no sense to drop TCU from 3 to 6 last year.    Honestly, you and I go back and forth over what the committee values but we don't know.   They make moves that neither of us can justify from week to week based on the argument we made earlier in the year.
11/25/2015 8:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...33|34|35|36|37...44 Next ▸
Weekly overreactions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.