Does anyone remember... Topic

...who was the first person to run a countdown basketball league? I am starting a league that combines the countdown theme with Hoosiermania's banned player theme and I would like to give whoever it was credit for their idea. If you are interested in playing in the league the rules are in the classified section.
9/9/2015 12:24 AM
I think it was jakotay.  I remember playing in those during the BOWIS tournaments.
9/9/2015 11:12 AM
"Countdown"?
9/9/2015 12:26 PM
You pick one guy between $9 and $10 million, one guy between $8 and $9 million and so on. It made it fairly easy to pick a team and the leagues that I participated in filled up quickly. In those leagues the last three players were below one million. In the league that I am trying to fill the last four players are between $1 and $2 million. 
9/9/2015 1:24 PM
Ah, got it, thanks.  I like that theme.  I'll probably throw a team in.
9/9/2015 1:32 PM
We already have two in, come join us.
9/9/2015 3:01 PM
Cenquist came up with the idea when Jakotay and I were soliciting league ideas for the BOWIS tournament.

That was a long time ago in a sim far, far, away.
10/3/2015 1:12 AM
Man I remember Cenquist.  I loved playing with that dude.

A lot of the old timers are gone tho that made this place much more fun.
10/3/2015 5:25 PM
Yeah, cenquist just seemed to lose his taste for it a few years ago.

Is abrondon still around?  He was one of the guys I really learned from when I first started playing here.  Also basketballjones, who didn't seem to study the sim at all...he just seemed to draft on intuition and did well. 

Does anyone remember glove (some handle like that), who wandered in and started talking so much smack an entire league formed just to kick his ***?

10/8/2015 8:48 AM
Posted by longtallbrad on 10/8/2015 8:48:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, cenquist just seemed to lose his taste for it a few years ago.

Is abrondon still around?  He was one of the guys I really learned from when I first started playing here.  Also basketballjones, who didn't seem to study the sim at all...he just seemed to draft on intuition and did well. 

Does anyone remember glove (some handle like that), who wandered in and started talking so much smack an entire league formed just to kick his ***?

I was in that league with glove...as a matter of fact I think I was one of the ones that pushed having the league and I made sure that if we were going to do it he and I had to be in the same division.

That division was a murderers row too.  I am pretty sure cenquist, monkee, scud, and I were all in that division.

I seem to remember ncih, thehalls, ashleyscott, and 98 were in that league too.
10/8/2015 9:58 AM
abrondon is still around & kicking ***... the record books are full of his aliases!
10/9/2015 12:00 AM
I'm friends with cenquist on facebook. He's doing well and still roaming around Winnipeg.
10/24/2015 11:25 AM
Lol, glove24. I won that league and I talked so much smack to him that he soon disappeared from the site
10/24/2015 11:39 AM
i remember that. I wonder sometimes if he didn't come back as different aliases, as I've seen a ton of baseless smack talk over the years.
10/24/2015 6:11 PM
Hmm, maybe he finished with the agonies of puberty and grew up into benhoidal or someone like that...
10/25/2015 7:54 AM
12 Next ▸
Does anyone remember... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.