Rewrite History League II Taken Topic

The Rewrite History Progressive League II needs one team going into the 1932 season. A majority of rules are as follows:

We are using the Alternate WIS format C (162 games, 12 teams, 6 NL, 6 AL)
No Cap
No DH
6/6 below average AAA
No injuries

Draft order: Draft order for future rookie drafts will be held just as they are in our league now with the first four rounds for players playing for your team only and then open to everyone. Draft Order will be a straight worst to first records by season's end record. There are some fairly bad teams during this time and I don't want to have to punish teams who are really bad by missing out on someone that may help them out. If it's obvious that a team is tanking on purpose (playing players out of position, starting exhausted pitchers when rested pitchers are available, etc. then the commissioner reserves the write to impose a draft position penalty on that team. This action will only take place in extreme situations and I will consult with other managers to discuss an appropriate penalty.

Once drafted players can be traded to any team without restrictions.

In the first 4 rounds of the drafts, players may only be drafted by teams they played for at one time in their career. This is to be decided by their franchises in baseball-reference.com. Some players will be open to all, if they only played for franchises that are not represented in the leauge. Exclusives with only 1 season or less than $5 million in total WIS salary will be exclusive through round 4. After that they will be open to all teams. All remaining exclusives will be voted for by league owners to decide where their exclusive round will be. After that round, they will be open to all teams.

Traded picks are allowed to be dealt in the current draft + 2 seasons ahead, as voted on league wide. For example, if we're in the 1920 draft, only picks up to the 1922 draft will be allowed.
6/22/2017 8:33 PM (edited)
I'm interested.
9/19/2015 6:39 PM
I'm in, sitemail sent. Thanks!
10/5/2015 3:47 PM
Bump
2/24/2016 12:52 PM
To whomever picks up this White Sox team, there is a first round pick available in the current 1925 draft, in exchange for a 1926 or 1927 first rounder. The available pick originally belonged to the Giants. Also keep in mind that you can switch this team to one of the unused teams (right now these are the senators, browns, dodgers, and cubs) with two seasons' notice. Come on in, one of you grizzled progressive vets!
2/27/2016 10:09 AM
Lots of fun research here with players you don't use often.
2/27/2016 10:11 AM
Posted by gbakker on 2/27/2016 10:09:00 AM (view original):
To whomever picks up this White Sox team, there is a first round pick available in the current 1925 draft, in exchange for a 1926 or 1927 first rounder. The available pick originally belonged to the Giants. Also keep in mind that you can switch this team to one of the unused teams (right now these are the senators, browns, dodgers, and cubs) with two seasons' notice. Come on in, one of you grizzled progressive vets!
Thanks gbakker. Actually they can only be switched to the Sens or Browns since this is an AL team. Also, the 2 years notice is waived for any new owners
2/27/2016 10:40 AM
Cool, thanks
2/27/2016 3:30 PM
Bump. As soon as we get a new owner we're ready to start 1925!
3/23/2016 4:34 PM
We've started our 1925 season. Looking for an owner that would like to take over the White Sox from 1926 and beyond. Please sitemail if you have any questions.
3/29/2016 7:14 AM
Bump
5/4/2016 10:23 AM
Might be interested.
5/6/2016 7:15 PM
I might be nterested. Since there's so much time left in this season, would you be transferring the 1926 team to the new owner?
7/2/2016 3:21 PM
Thanks for the interest Ted. Unfortunately no, the current owner is still running the team. He just wanted to give plenty of notice that he was leaving. Please, let me know when you decide for sure or if you have any questions.
7/2/2016 5:50 PM
When would the next draft be happening?
7/2/2016 7:59 PM
12 Next ▸
Rewrite History League II Taken Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.