The short version of the rules are that each season you get a random year from each of your players, so you could get Michael Jordan as a Bull, a Wizard, or a Birmingham Baron. We use www.basketball-reference.com to determine available seasons for players, so guys who having missing seasons (from injury, like Derrick Rose, retirement, like Kermit Washington, or playing baseball like MJ) could draw those seasons. There is a supplemental IR draft at the end of each draft to fill out your roster if you draw a season like that.

At the end of each season, two players are drawn randomly, from www.random.org, to leave your team via free agency. Season one's champion tragically lost Wilt Chamberlain. This keeps great players always in the mix.
The draft order is also determined randomly, with each of the twelve nonplayoff teams getting a spot determined on a sliding scale that starts at 25% for the team with the worst record, so this makes tanking undesirable, as you could both not get a good draft spot and lose your best player anyways.

If you have any questions or want to join, feel free to post below or shoot me a sitemail

5/26/2017 2:46 AM (edited)
Bump. This is a great league that takes a little different strategy to win (along with some blind luck, which we all know is the key to success here at WIS anyway...)
10/11/2015 11:20 AM
i'll take Team 1
10/11/2015 11:52 AM
Awesome, welcome coolmay
10/11/2015 12:01 PM
Still looking for 2 owners.

Come on, this is a fun league with some inherent challenges. Take a break from the ordinary open leagues or blacklist leagues. Give RANDOM a try.
10/14/2015 9:46 AM
Bump.  Just need 2!
10/19/2015 1:02 PM
This is a great league. Please join. Please. Don't make me beg. It's embarrassing.
10/26/2015 8:31 PM
By far my favorite league right now. Just need 2 more. 
10/30/2015 10:03 AM
I will take a team, team 2 i guess
11/4/2015 7:50 PM
I got your request.
I am in communication with my sub owners. You should have a team in time for the draft.
11/4/2015 10:59 PM
We need 1 owner to take over a team in this unique and fun league:

Al Jefferson
Artis Gilmore
Chris Mullin
Darren Collison
Derek Harper
Kenneth Faried
Marc Gasol
Nate Thurmond
Rodney McCray
Sidney Moncrief

Team comes with 2 draft picks in the upcoming deep draft. Notable free agents include Wilt, MJ, Rodman, Moses and Karl Malone, Kareem. We are a week from playoffs, which means about 2 weeks from drafting.
12/29/2015 3:53 AM
Approximately where will those draft picks be?
12/29/2015 7:22 AM
Unknown at this time. Draft positions are determined after last game of season. What is known is they are a 1st and a 2nd round pick.
12/29/2015 9:53 AM
We need 1 owner to take over a team in this unique and fun league:

Al Jefferson
Artis Gilmore
Chris Mullin
Darren Collison
Derek Harper
Kenneth Faried
Marc Gasol
Nate Thurmond
Rodney McCray
Sidney Moncrief

Team comes with 2 draft picks in the upcoming deep draft. Notable free agents include Wilt, MJ, Rodman, Moses and Karl Malone, Kareem. We want to be drafting soon.
1/2/2016 10:30 AM
Bump. We are now in round 1 playoffs. Wanting an owner soon.
1/4/2016 8:09 PM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.