Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Posted by The Taint on 5/17/2016 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/17/2016 12:39:00 PM (view original):
Would that be because he flips the bat like a punk that thinks he's a bad ***?

I couldn't care less about him before. Now he's a *****.
Watch Pujols. Does it almost every time. No one cares. Cause he's liked.
I agree. Pujols doesn't absolutely show up the pitcher, but he does come close to the line. But everyone knows he respects the game. Bautista has a reputation as an *******. So everything he does is gonna be considered self-serving or dirty.
5/17/2016 5:41 PM
5/17/2016 6:54 PM
Apparently MLB thinks Odor was most in the wrong. Somebody should explain the rules to them.
5/17/2016 8:19 PM
Apparently MLB thinks the best way to determine home team for the World Series is via an exhibition game. Do you think that's right?
5/17/2016 8:22 PM
Better than alternating years in my opinion.
5/17/2016 8:52 PM
Are those the two options?
5/17/2016 8:57 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/17/2016 8:22:00 PM (view original):
Apparently MLB thinks the best way to determine home team for the World Series is via an exhibition game. Do you think that's right?
It's not really an apples to apples argument. MLB makes the rules. They are the authority on the rules. They're effectively right about the rules by default.

As far as the All-Star game goes, I don't really know that it worked in terms of making players play harder. So no, I don't think it's the best option. I can see why it was worth trying, but it's a failed experiment. Home field should be determined by aggregate interleague record.
5/17/2016 9:00 PM
So MLB isn't always right?

I rest my case.
5/17/2016 9:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/17/2016 9:05:00 PM (view original):
So MLB isn't always right?

I rest my case.
They were right this time.

There is no place in baseball for fist fights. Period. I don't ever like seeing suspensions for hit batsmen because it's too hard to prove intent. Stick to enforcement with balls to the ribs. If you hit a guy with your fists (or other body parts, or a bat), they should throw the book at you.
5/18/2016 12:03 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

8 games is a travesty!!! Rougned was standing up for himself and MLB turns around and suspends him EIGHT GAMES??? This is bullshit. Of the highest order.
5/18/2016 7:35 AM
Honestly, I think it's more of a shot at the Rangers. Sort of a "Don't wait so long, fartknockers." Plus they know the appeal will knock it down to 3-5 games.
5/18/2016 8:08 AM
Posted by sjpoker on 5/18/2016 7:35:00 AM (view original):

8 games is a travesty!!! Rougned was standing up for himself and MLB turns around and suspends him EIGHT GAMES??? This is bullshit. Of the highest order.
Bautista got nailed by a pitch in retaliation for the bat flip last October. Like it or not, that's a baseball play.

Bautista went in hard at second base on a slide. Like it or not, that's a baseball play.

Odor reared back and threw a punch at Bautista in response to the slide. That's NOT a baseball play. It's bullshit to say he was standing up for himself. If he doesn't understand hard-nosed old-school baseball, maybe he should switch to something less challenging. Like ballet.
5/18/2016 8:56 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/18/2016 8:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 5/18/2016 7:35:00 AM (view original):

Bautista got nailed by a pitch in retaliation for the bat flip last October. Like it or not, that's a baseball play.

Bautista went in hard at second base on a slide. Like it or not, that's a baseball play.

Odor reared back and threw a punch at Bautista in response to the slide. That's NOT a baseball play. It's bullshit to say he was standing up for himself. If he doesn't understand hard-nosed old-school baseball, maybe he should switch to something less challenging. Like ballet.
Odor doesn't have to take that ****! He's got a family to feed and Bautista went for his knees. And then when Bautista stepped to him, he got cracked. Would the same thing happen in the NHL, NBA, or NHL? You're DAMN RIGHT!

There are plenty of players back in the day that wouldn't take that shiz! Rougned is being unfairly targeted!

OLD TIME BASEBALL!
OLD TIME BASEBALL!
OLD TIME BASEBALL!
OLD TIME BASEBALL!
5/18/2016 10:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...106 Next ▸
Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.