Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 10/18/2015 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/18/2015 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/18/2015 8:35:00 AM (view original):
Sounds like BL stares and drools when somebody dangles shiny things in front of his face.
Because I thought there wasn't anything wrong with Bautista's bat flip?

Go outside once in a while, old timer, the world is filled with cool stuff. Plenty of things to offend you.
We all have lines of where on-field behavior crosses from acceptable to unacceptable.

Mine is somewhere before Bautista's exaggerated bat flip.

Sounds like yours is somewhere beyond it.

Would you be OK if he stood at home plate and pretended to pull out a cell phone, smile, and take a selfie before starting to trot around the bases?  Because that's the direction where acceptance of this kind of behavior is heading. 

If you don't believe me, watch an NFL game from a couple of years ago before they had to start imposing penalties for excessive celebration.
I don't mind when players celebrate after doing amazing things. Pretend selfie, bat flip, whatever.
10/18/2015 7:04 PM
Ultimately, baseball is entertainment. The players are entertainers. They should do entertaining things.
10/19/2015 3:54 PM (edited)

The WWE is also entertainment.  Is this what you want in MLB?

10/18/2015 7:15 PM
Hogan's WAR was off the charts.

Really, we should give BL some credit for actually watching a game. 

10/18/2015 7:56 PM
10/18/2015 9:17 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/18/2015 7:15:00 PM (view original):

The WWE is also entertainment.  Is this what you want in MLB?

It seems like there might be a difference between a genuine show of emotion after a huge accomplishment and a staged theater performance.
10/19/2015 12:26 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
BRING BACK ROID RAGE ROGER CLEMENS!
10/19/2015 7:53 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/19/2015 7:38:00 AM (view original):
Why should that matter?  It's all entertainment, right?  It's all fun!  And cool!

Maybe next time, Bautista can rip his jersey off, Hulk style, while running the bases.  That would be even more entertaining.

That would be pretty cool. I guess we can hope.
10/19/2015 9:15 AM
I was more annoyed by Daniel Murphy going crazy when he had to dive for a ball a good 2B gets to standing up at the end of game 1. At least Bautista did something impressive.
10/19/2015 10:38 AM
Reports that say that something hasn't been answered are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known questions; there are questions we know we know. We also know there are questioned unknowns; that is to say we know there are some questions we do not know the answer. But there are also unknown questions unknown – the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones
10/19/2015 3:20 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/17/2015 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Well, the point really wasn't if KC should hit Bautista.  It's not their issue.   I just found it odd that no one had mentioned his showboating.   A moment of joy is one thing but he seemed to cross a line somewhere in there.   I'm guessing he sees some high and tight next year in Texas. 
I'm guessing I was right.
5/16/2016 9:29 AM
Best gif ever:

5/16/2016 9:35 AM
Best part is Bautista said "I was surprised by it."

No, you got knocked the **** out. You were squaring up. No surprise. A simple "knocked the **** out."
5/16/2016 9:36 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...106 Next ▸
Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.