Turning around a program Topic

I think the0nlyis is spot on about scheduling. The best teams to schedule are the best team you can beat. If I have a rebuild year, then I schedule a bunch of patsies. On my good teams, I schedule teams just below my team's caliber.

Also, in a rebuild, when I drop players, I drop the underclass first. You do want those seniors to stay, even if they don't play, so that you get a decent amount of cash next season. I stagger the number of players for recruiting. I don't like to have more than 6 so even if I have a team of total losers, I will only drop enough to allow a 5-6 recruiting class.
11/17/2015 9:47 AM
Posted by paland on 11/17/2015 9:47:00 AM (view original):
I think the0nlyis is spot on about scheduling. The best teams to schedule are the best team you can beat. If I have a rebuild year, then I schedule a bunch of patsies. On my good teams, I schedule teams just below my team's caliber.

Also, in a rebuild, when I drop players, I drop the underclass first. You do want those seniors to stay, even if they don't play, so that you get a decent amount of cash next season. I stagger the number of players for recruiting. I don't like to have more than 6 so even if I have a team of total losers, I will only drop enough to allow a 5-6 recruiting class.
Does dropping a player hurt anything? I'm returning to the game (D3) and can't remember. I understand that dropping a player will not give you scholarship money to fill his spot.
11/18/2015 12:32 AM
Posted by paynebrow on 11/18/2015 12:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by paland on 11/17/2015 9:47:00 AM (view original):

Does dropping a player hurt anything? I'm returning to the game (D3) and can't remember. I understand that dropping a player will not give you scholarship money to fill his spot.
Other than not having the schollie money, there's no real penalty for dropping a player - a minor rep penalty if you drop a player you recruited, but nothing substantial, and no rep penalty for dropping a previously recruited player. 
11/18/2015 1:56 AM
◂ Prev 12
Turning around a program Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.