Double Top Secret : WIS STAFF MEETING Topic

I opened my email this morning found another message from WIS.COM, only this time, there was an attachment called "Meeting Transcript.txt" purporting to be the transcript of their latest staff meeting.  I pass it along here without comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Manager: Thank you everyone for attending this regularly scheduled staff meeting.

Employee A: What do you mean "regularly scheduled" ?  This is the first meeting we've had in two years.

Manager: Well, once every two years IS a "regular schedule".  And besides that, having staff meetings was on my yearly goals, and my annual review is coming up so I thought I'd better check this one off.  Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone who's here in attendance.  Is there anyone on the conference call bridge?

Employee B: There's only three of us left, not counting Ed the Janitor, and we're all in the room.  Who would be on the bridge line?

Manager: Well you make a good- <A beep comes from the phone> - who just joined?

Phone Voice : This is Ed, the Janitor.

Manager: Hey Ed.  We're in conference room 17 if you want to join us.

Phone Voice: Well, I'm multitasking at the moment.  And there's only one conference room in the building.

Manager: Right, but we named it "Conference Room 17".  Every conference room needs a name.

Employee B: We used to call it "Big 12" but then it was always on the verge of collapsing.

Manager: Alright, let's get started.  First on the Agenda, ticket backlog.  Our Customer Service Ticket queue is now up to 18,392,411 tickets.  We need to get that down to to a reasonable number, so I need ideas from everyone.  Let's start with you, Ed.

Phone Voice: But I'm just the janitor!  I don't know anything about your games.  What could I do about tickets?

Manager: With that kind of attitude, it's no wonder you're stuck at being the janitor. And knowing something about the product has never been a criteria for answering questions about it.

Employee A: Or managing the products.

Manager: Exactly!  Now, on to the next item.  Product Improvements.  Where do we stand on creating an app that lets you log on and check the forums - oriole_fan?

<uncomfortable silence drags on for several minutes>

Employee A: Boss - oriole_fan is just handle on the forums.  There's nobody here actually NAMED oriole_fan, and the guy that used that handle went back to delivering pizzas.

Manager: LOOK, I AM TIRED OF ALL THE EXCUSES! SOMEONE has to be oriole_fan.  So... ROCK PAPER SCISSORS!

<both employees do ROCK, while the manager does SCISSORS>

Manager, glancing at the phone:  What about you Ed...  Rock Paper or Scissors?

Phone Voice : I'm sorry, can you repeat the question, I was multi-tasking.

Manager: ROCK, PAPER, OR SCISSORS?

Phone Voice: Uh, Rock, I guess.

Manager: Ah-HA!  Paper beats rock.  Ed, you have to be oriole_fan.

<Employee A starts to interrupt but the manager silences him with a glare.>

Phone Voice:  OK, I can be oriole_fan.  Go Orioles! Yay Orioles.  Orioles #1.  How's that?

Manager: Pefect.  That brings us to our next subject.  Product Improvements.

Employee B: We just covered that.

Manager: Oh, right.  Excellent progress.  That about wraps it up.  Questions, anyone?

Employee A: Are we ever going to actually DO any updates to the game?  

Manager: Ed, I mean oriole_fan, take that as an action item for an offline meeting.

<flushing sound> 

Phone Voice: Sorry, I was multi-tasking.  Can you repeat the question?

Manager: I don't think there was a question.

Employee A: I asked about actual game improvements...

Manager: And we assigned an action item.  Give them time to do something!  Do we have an update on the action item, Oriole_fan?

Phone Voice: Uh, go orioles?

Manager: Fabulous.  Now, if there's nothing else, I need to go work on my Powerpoint Deck for my executve presentation "Why Reward Points Should be Cut".  Meeting adjourned.

11/12/2015 2:07 PM
LOL Great stuff. 
11/12/2015 2:38 PM
Thank you ! $$$
11/12/2015 2:45 PM
Awesome.  Made my day.  
11/12/2015 4:23 PM
Glorious.
11/12/2015 6:42 PM
Made my day.
11/12/2015 7:42 PM
Doesn't seem like a very productive meeting. At least they are meeting though ..which is good.
11/12/2015 8:13 PM
Funny stuff dude. Hahaha!
11/12/2015 8:41 PM
Wowa . This was "Real". Right ?   
11/12/2015 9:29 PM
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
11/15/2015 9:07 AM
I would have laughed, but I was multi-tasking. {flush} ok, now I can laugh.
11/15/2015 4:20 PM
bump
10/23/2016 7:47 PM
That was too funny
10/24/2016 12:41 AM
Hehe read it again and it was just as hilarious as the first time.
10/24/2016 7:00 AM
That's awesome.
10/26/2016 5:24 PM
Double Top Secret : WIS STAFF MEETING Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.