PLAYER EXCLUSIVE DRAFT LEAGUE # 2 Topic

Posted by foucherp on 11/18/2015 12:31:00 PM (view original):
OK, just so you're aware then if I go a couple rounds in the playoffs you can count me out. If it's not a snake draft, and there are no keepers - then whomever finishes at the top picks last EVERY ROUND? Just not a fair way to play so I wouldn't participate.
 but that's how it works in the NHL
11/18/2015 5:01 PM
Right. First of all it's defeating the purpose of the league if there were keepers. And second it's more unfair to everyone else if the champ isn't
picking last in the draft. So we will do a snake draft in reverse order of finish. I just have to figure out the best way to do the lottery for the teams that didn't make the playoffs. Lostnfound's suggestion is one way we could do it. I'm sorry if we might lose an owner or two but I
definitely want to keep the original idea and rules of this league in tact.
11/18/2015 5:30 PM
Posted by robroy on 11/18/2015 12:20:00 PM (view original):
This is my first crack at this. I'm assuming I'll have a shot at the top pick, or am I just taking the spot of someone who left?
Robroy thank you for joining. At this point I'm not sure. As more owners jump back in
and some might leave I'll have a clearer idea of what to do. Right now you and chucky
are the new guy's, and amerk1180 had two teams, and lostnfound had two teams so you
both are in. Just give me a little time to figure where you guy's should be in the draft order.
Thank you.
11/18/2015 5:38 PM
Posted by sixernuggets on 11/18/2015 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Right. First of all it's defeating the purpose of the league if there were keepers. And second it's more unfair to everyone else if the champ isn't
picking last in the draft. So we will do a snake draft in reverse order of finish. I just have to figure out the best way to do the lottery for the teams that didn't make the playoffs. Lostnfound's suggestion is one way we could do it. I'm sorry if we might lose an owner or two but I
I have to disagree. It's not unfair if the champ isn't the last to pick, the original draft order was randomly determine it didn't affect THAT much the end result. It mostly depends on the draft strategy.

I wouldn't see why the guys who missed the playoff/ team didn't perform well should be given an early draft pick in this kind of league, it's not a progressive league, all players will be available again.. If your team didn't performed, find why and adopt a new drafting strategy. 
11/18/2015 8:28 PM
Sorry oc I'm going to keep the league the same. Draft in reverse order of finish, and no keepers.
I would hope you would stay, but no big deal if you aren't up for it.
11/18/2015 10:53 PM
I might stay, but IMO doesn't make sense.
11/18/2015 11:57 PM
Posted by oc3lus on 11/18/2015 8:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sixernuggets on 11/18/2015 5:30:00 PM (view original):
I have to disagree. It's not unfair if the champ isn't the last to pick, the original draft order was randomly determine it didn't affect THAT much the end result. It mostly depends on the draft strategy.

I wouldn't see why the guys who missed the playoff/ team didn't perform well should be given an early draft pick in this kind of league, it's not a progressive league, all players will be available again.. If your team didn't performed, find why and adopt a new drafting strategy. 
 Sometimes teams dud out simply at the whim of the sim. This is an ongoing league (now) you guys just get your stuff ready. I like the structure of this and if YOU are inconvenienced by something you see; so is everyone else. Let's do this. No matter what he does, someone won't quite like it. Lets GO
11/19/2015 8:34 AM
 and I have one team that will be low in the draft order, and another one  that missed the playoffs. Dunno which one I will go with. Probably the dud one. Because Lost account has a gazillion teams on the go, at present
11/19/2015 8:35 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 11/18/2015 5:01:00 PM (view original):
OK, just so you're aware then if I go a couple rounds in the playoffs you can count me out. If it's not a snake draft, and there are no keepers - then whomever finishes at the top picks last EVERY ROUND? Just not a fair way to play so I wouldn't participate.
In the NHL you still have a team!
11/19/2015 4:31 PM
Posted by foucherp on 11/19/2015 4:31:00 PM (view original):
 So we keep our teams and draft what we drop? Don't go into another league and complain about the setup. I admit I often make suggestions if a league isn't filling, but it drives me crazy when people get into a league and then start to whine about this and such. Haven't seen you do it, but MAN - it's all we can do to fill a league these days. You see the rules. If you don't like them, you don't have to join

Last draft league, there were 3 or 4 guys who were always complaining about something.. and admittedly... one impatient old codger. So Often i have seen a league almost full, then there are almost always 2 or 3 guys who start to b*tch and complain.. and about what? NOTHING

11/20/2015 6:01 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 11/20/2015 6:02:00 AM (view original):
 So we keep our teams and draft what we drop? Don't go into another league and complain about the setup. I admit I often make suggestions if a league isn't filling, but it drives me crazy when people get into a league and then start to whine about this and such. Haven't seen you do it, but MAN - it's all we can do to fill a league these days. You see the rules. If you don't like them, you don't have to join

Last draft league, there were 3 or 4 guys who were always complaining about something.. and admittedly... one impatient old codger. So Often i have seen a league almost full, then there are almost always 2 or 3 guys who start to b*tch and complain.. and about what? NOTHING

I don't want that. I just think doing exactly the same as the first league would be tai. Random draft order is fair
11/20/2015 11:26 PM
 Hey I hate shootout. Don't like trades and rather have no minor leaguers,  but this is not my league. I am fine with whatever Nuggets wants to do. Draft order will be tough for some, and yes if you are in the top 3 you gain big time, BUT you pick 46th in the second round. This will be a fun thing
11/22/2015 3:45 PM
Is this the sign up board or what?
11/22/2015 6:44 PM
Yes kiteport it is.
11/22/2015 7:06 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 11/20/2015 6:02:00 AM (view original):

I'm not trying to change the league - I thought he was just doing the same concept again - and that was random draft order. 

The NHL was used as an example on WHY you draft in reverse order; because you'd theoretically still have a good team. That isn't that case when everyone is drafting all over again
11/22/2015 7:27 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
PLAYER EXCLUSIVE DRAFT LEAGUE # 2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.