David Price Topic

Beltran is a switch hitter. The Angels can play Pujols at 1B and DH Beltran. The Angels need bats. You don't think a team could live with Beltran for one season? He is a free agent after 2016. The Yankees need to make room for Aaron Judge who Cashman has said will be in the mix at some point for the Yankees in 2016.
11/20/2015 4:43 PM (edited)
I don't do drugs or drink. But after having sex with your wife I admittedly feel as if I'm in a haze. I wish she would lose some weight tho.
11/20/2015 4:44 PM
Why would anyone trade for a player they "could live with"?    Don't you think teams aspire to higher things?
11/20/2015 5:00 PM
Come on Mike. You're being argumentative just for fun. Beltran is a good hitter and is a switch hitter. Outside Pujols and Trout, what do the Angels have for hitters? Nothing. Will this trade happen? The hell do I know, but I enjoy discussing possibilities.

Let me ask you. Do the Yankees trade Beltran? He is a liability in RF and they are attempting to get younger. He has value as a DH, but the Yankees have ARod at DH. The Yankees are old and perhaps an injury creates the roster space they need. But I don't think it is out of the question that Cashman is entertaining offers for Belran.

What are your thoughts about Beltran?? (Regardless of whether I'm a fool or not. That's not the issue. Yes, I'm a fool. So you're right on that one. )
11/20/2015 5:09 PM
The Yankees need to move Beltran, but the question is who will take him, and what will they be willing to give up for him? I'm guessing there will not be a big market for him.
11/20/2015 6:13 PM
The Yanks will have to eat some of Beltran's contract. He was their best hitter the second half of last season. I'd think a team that could use a full time switch hitting DH would take a shot at him. Angels, Astros, and Twins might make sense. To a lesser extend the Orioles and Indians. You're right though...not a lot of options. Has to be an AL team and probably one that figures to contend. The Yanks won't get much at all back for him. Just a salary dump to open up a roster slot...and they probably eat a significant part of the salary.
11/20/2015 7:37 PM
I'm guessing if they agree to pay $3-$5 million of his salary, the Yankees can move Beltran for a long-shot prospect.  There is supposedly a fairly hot market for Adam Lind, so presumably some of the teams who miss out on him could entertain the possibility of a Beltran move.  I don't see the Angels as a good fit, though.  I think they would prefer to sign a 1B so they can get Pujols more DH starts to rest next season without taking his bat out of the lineup.  They could go after Chris Davis, or they could target someone like Morneau on a shorter deal.
11/20/2015 7:37 PM
Could also see the Angels talking Joey Votto trade with the Reds.  Last year they showed plenty of pop, especially in their home park/divison, but didn't have enough guys on base when they hit them out.  Votto batting in front of Trout and Pujols would really help that lineup out.
11/20/2015 7:38 PM
You're probably right about the Angels preferring to DH Pujols. Votto to the Angels is an interesting idea. I have no idea what kind of prospects they have and it would take a **** ton to get Votto. The Angels also owe money on Hamilton's contract so I'm not sure how much money their willing to take on a guy like Votto. Certainly he's a good fit and as you said Chris Davis might be a good fit too.

Cashman rarely trades veterans so I doubt Beltran really does get moved. But it makes sense for the Yankees to move him to open RF for Aaron Judge and you would think there is an AL team that would take on Beltran as a DH.
11/20/2015 9:14 PM
David Price.

Nine career post-season starts.

0-8, with a no-decision.

Heh.
10/8/2016 3:43 PM (edited)
#fraud
10/7/2016 9:04 PM
Hashtag overused word alert
10/8/2016 3:16 PM
God I love the hashtag,
10/9/2016 1:17 AM
◂ Prev 12
David Price Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.