south carolina...LOL Topic

I'm pretty sure you can barely read, let alone understand an argument.
12/5/2015 1:17 PM
Southern dude: "The Confederate Flag represents southern pride and southern heritage to me'.

BL: "No it doesn't.  It represents that you want to own slaves and hate black people."

Southern dude: "Um, no.  That's not what it means to me at all."

BL:  "YES IT DOES!!!  YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU!!!  ONLY I DO!!!"

12/5/2015 1:44 PM
So you want to continue the argument? Ok.

What it means to random southern guy is irrelevant to the "should this flag fly over the state capitol building discussion."

You're clearly still having trouble with the idea of "in general."
12/5/2015 1:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
agreed
12/5/2015 2:42 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/5/2015 1:54:00 PM (view original):

What it means to random southern guy is irrelevant to the "should this flag fly over the state capitol building discussion."

Not at all.

I'm having trouble with your insistence that you get to decide what something symbolizes to other people.

12/5/2015 3:44 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/5/2015 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/5/2015 1:54:00 PM (view original):

Not at all.

I'm having trouble with your insistence that you get to decide what something symbolizes to other people.

I never said I get to decide what something means to someone else. You can let the flag mean whatever you want it to...to you. In general, the flag stands for the south's side of the civil war. You understand that, right?
12/5/2015 4:07 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 12/5/2015 2:07:00 PM (view original):
The Confederate flag should have been banned when the Confederates lost the civil war regardless of what it represents.
Yes, when your father, son or brother was killed underneath that flag fighting for his country, you should not have been able to remember him in the way you choose because, well, ****, he lost. 
12/5/2015 4:15 PM
BTW, I mentioned this in the other thread but this is what led to the Civil War.   First shot fired, so to speak.

http://history.house.gov/HistoricalHighlight/Detail/36974

Learn some history, fuckknobs.   It wasn't just slavery.

12/5/2015 4:21 PM
Posted by The Taint on 12/5/2015 6:11:00 PM (view original):
Yup, definitely added to the tensions, but it was not the root cause. Slavery was. If it was the root cause, the civil war would wave started before 1840.
Yep. And we don't have to guess. The southern states were explicit in the secession docs.
12/5/2015 6:31 PM
Posted by The Taint on 12/5/2015 6:11:00 PM (view original):
Yup, definitely added to the tensions, but it was not the root cause. Slavery was. If it was the root cause, the civil war would wave started before 1840.
The root cause was money.
12/6/2015 8:11 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
south carolina...LOL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.