south carolina...LOL Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
interesting it went on this long.

better than talking about any real issues.

let's go back 150- years instead of dealing with today.

let's go back 150 years instead of talking about the last 7 years.  

we don't wanna reflect on the last 7.
12/6/2015 12:40 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/5/2015 4:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/5/2015 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/5/2015 1:54:00 PM (view original):
So you want to continue the argument? Ok.

What it means to random southern guy is irrelevant to the "should this flag fly over the state capitol building discussion."

You're clearly still having trouble with the idea of "in general."
Not at all.

I'm having trouble with your insistence that you get to decide what something symbolizes to other people.

I never said I get to decide what something means to someone else. You can let the flag mean whatever you want it to...to you. In general, the flag stands for the south's side of the civil war. You understand that, right?
Here's an example of where you took it upon yourself to decide what something means to me, despite my saying something quite to the contrary.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=530&TopicID=486586&ThreadID=10739350#l_10739350

12/7/2015 12:47 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tecwrg on 12/7/2015 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/5/2015 4:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/5/2015 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/5/2015 1:54:00 PM (view original):
So you want to continue the argument? Ok.

What it means to random southern guy is irrelevant to the "should this flag fly over the state capitol building discussion."

You're clearly still having trouble with the idea of "in general."
Not at all.

I'm having trouble with your insistence that you get to decide what something symbolizes to other people.

I never said I get to decide what something means to someone else. You can let the flag mean whatever you want it to...to you. In general, the flag stands for the south's side of the civil war. You understand that, right?
Here's an example of where you took it upon yourself to decide what something means to me, despite my saying something quite to the contrary.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=530&TopicID=486586&ThreadID=10739350#l_10739350

Pretty sure that was me asking: do you believe that the flag is a symbol of white supremacy?
12/7/2015 2:53 PM
And it's really beside the point what it means to individuals. Individuals are free to fly the flag wherever they want. If you don't believe the flag is a symbol of white supremacy, fine. That doesn't mean that it is appropriate to fly it over the capitol building because, in general, the confederate flag is a symbol of white supremacy.
12/7/2015 2:55 PM
Actually, it was me saying that I thought the flag was a symbol of southern heritage, and you twisting it to saying that I though it represented white supremacy.
12/7/2015 2:57 PM
It is interesting that:

You agree the confederate flag is a symbol of the south's side of the civil war

You also agree that the south fought the civil war to protect slavery

But you don't agree that the confederate flag is a symbol of white supremacy despite it standing for a war fought to allow white people to continue to own black people.
12/7/2015 3:00 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/7/2015 2:55:00 PM (view original):
And it's really beside the point what it means to individuals. Individuals are free to fly the flag wherever they want. If you don't believe the flag is a symbol of white supremacy, fine. That doesn't mean that it is appropriate to fly it over the capitol building because, in general, the confederate flag is a symbol of white supremacy.
If a large number of people think that it means one thing, and some dumbass like you on the internet says "Oh no, it represents something else", then who is more likely to have a better idea of what it actually represents?
12/7/2015 3:00 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/7/2015 3:00:00 PM (view original):
It is interesting that:

But you don't agree that the confederate flag is a symbol of white supremacy despite it standing for a war fought to allow white people to continue to own black people.
If a Hindu or a Buddhist displays a swastika, does it mean that they hate Jews?
12/7/2015 3:03 PM
There are really only three groups of people on the flag issue.

1.  Those who want to take it down because others want to keep it up.
2.  Those who want to keep it up because others want to take it down.
3.  Rational people who think "Who ******* cares?"

It's probably 3%, 3% and 94%.    And most of those 3%ers couldn't find SC on a map.

12/7/2015 3:04 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2015 3:04:00 PM (view original):
There are really only three groups of people on the flag issue.

1.  Those who want to take it down because others want to keep it up.
2.  Those who want to keep it up because others want to take it down.
3.  Rational people who think "Who ******* cares?"

It's probably 3%, 3% and 94%.    And most of those 3%ers couldn't find SC on a map.

I better go take my temperature, because I 100% agree with Mike.
12/7/2015 3:11 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/7/2015 3:03:00 PM (view original):
It is interesting that:

No.

If a swastika were flown over the state capitol building, would that be appropriate?
12/7/2015 3:15 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/7/2015 3:15:00 PM (view original):
It is interesting that:

No.

If a swastika were flown over the state capitol building, would that be appropriate?
No.

So you agree that a swastika may mean different things to different people?  Yet you seem to have an issue in agreeing that a Confederate flag may mean different things to different people.

How inconsistent.
12/7/2015 3:34 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/7/2015 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/7/2015 3:15:00 PM (view original):
It is interesting that:

No.

No.

So you agree that a swastika may mean different things to different people?  Yet you seem to have an issue in agreeing that a Confederate flag may mean different things to different people.

How inconsistent.
I've said, several times, that individuals can and do believe whatever they want about the confederate flag. So what?

I general, it has a symbolism that makes it inappropriate to fly over a state capitol building.

AND YOU ******* AGREE!

On a scale of "had to repeat 9th grade" to "Sloth from the goonies," how retarded are you?
12/7/2015 3:37 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
south carolina...LOL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.