south carolina...LOL Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 12/4/2015 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/4/2015 1:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/4/2015 12:26:00 PM (view original):
Where in the article does it say that he wishes anybody a "slavery filled holiday"?

In fact, where in the the article does it say that the person in question associates the Confederate flag with slavery?

"May your Christmas be filled with memories of a happier time when South Carolina’s leaders possessed morals, convictions and the principles to stand for what is right" - referring to the decision to remove the Confederate Flag.
Nope.  Don't see ANY references to slavery there.

So WTF are you talking about?

Back to THIS.

Where in the article does it say anything about slavery?  Or that the person in question associates the Confederate flag with slavery?

Because your subsequent post said flat-out that that's what was meant by his Christmas message.  This, despite your subsequent claim that you "never said I get to decide what something means to someone else".

So which is it . . . do you or don't you get to decide what things mean to people other than yourself?
12/7/2015 3:50 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/7/2015 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/7/2015 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/7/2015 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/7/2015 3:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/7/2015 3:00:00 PM (view original):
It is interesting that:

You agree the confederate flag is a symbol of the south's side of the civil war

You also agree that the south fought the civil war to protect slavery

But you don't agree that the confederate flag is a symbol of white supremacy despite it standing for a war fought to allow white people to continue to own black people.
If a Hindu or a Buddhist displays a swastika, does it mean that they hate Jews?
No.

If a swastika were flown over the state capitol building, would that be appropriate?
No.

So you agree that a swastika may mean different things to different people?  Yet you seem to have an issue in agreeing that a Confederate flag may mean different things to different people.

How inconsistent.
I've said, several times, that individuals can and do believe whatever they want about the confederate flag. So what?

I general, it has a symbolism that makes it inappropriate to fly over a state capitol building.

AND YOU ******* AGREE!

On a scale of "had to repeat 9th grade" to "Sloth from the goonies," how retarded are you?
No, you need to answer my question first.
12/7/2015 3:55 PM
Didn't he just wish for better times when politicians have morals and convictions to do the right thing?   Did BL really mistake that to mean "I wish we still had slaves"?

Is he really that retarded?

12/7/2015 4:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Gage Skidmore is a professional photographer currently based in the Phoenix metropolitan area. He began his career covering politics in 2009, covering the U.S. Senate campaign of ophthalmologist Rand Paul. Since then, he has been involved with a variety of organizations and campaigns, including the Arizona Chamber of Commerce & Industry, ASU Center for Political Thought & Leadership, Campaign for Liberty Foundation, Reason Magazine, Western Center for Journalism, and has been published in the Washington Post, Associated Press, Politico, and Forbes.

12/7/2015 4:31 PM

Gage Skidmore is lunch to me!
12/7/2015 4:36 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/7/2015 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/7/2015 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/7/2015 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/7/2015 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/7/2015 3:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/7/2015 3:00:00 PM (view original):
It is interesting that:

You agree the confederate flag is a symbol of the south's side of the civil war

You also agree that the south fought the civil war to protect slavery

But you don't agree that the confederate flag is a symbol of white supremacy despite it standing for a war fought to allow white people to continue to own black people.
If a Hindu or a Buddhist displays a swastika, does it mean that they hate Jews?
No.

If a swastika were flown over the state capitol building, would that be appropriate?
No.

So you agree that a swastika may mean different things to different people?  Yet you seem to have an issue in agreeing that a Confederate flag may mean different things to different people.

How inconsistent.
I've said, several times, that individuals can and do believe whatever they want about the confederate flag. So what?

I general, it has a symbolism that makes it inappropriate to fly over a state capitol building.

AND YOU ******* AGREE!

On a scale of "had to repeat 9th grade" to "Sloth from the goonies," how retarded are you?
No, you need to answer my question first.
I'm well below your level of retarded.  You, on the other hand, are off the charts.

Hope that clears things up.

12/7/2015 5:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2015 4:16:00 PM (view original):
Didn't he just wish for better times when politicians have morals and convictions to do the right thing?   Did BL really mistake that to mean "I wish we still had slaves"?

Yes.  Yes, he is.
12/7/2015 5:32 PM
So nothing changed since I blocked him.    Good to know.
12/7/2015 5:42 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/7/2015 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/7/2015 4:16:00 PM (view original):

Yes.  Yes, he is.
Weird that mike spends so much time trying to argue with someone he blocked and who has blocked him.
12/7/2015 6:21 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/7/2015 3:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/4/2015 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/4/2015 1:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/4/2015 12:26:00 PM (view original):
Where in the article does it say that he wishes anybody a "slavery filled holiday"?

In fact, where in the the article does it say that the person in question associates the Confederate flag with slavery?

"May your Christmas be filled with memories of a happier time when South Carolina’s leaders possessed morals, convictions and the principles to stand for what is right" - referring to the decision to remove the Confederate Flag.
Nope.  Don't see ANY references to slavery there.

So WTF are you talking about?

Back to THIS.

Where in the article does it say anything about slavery?  Or that the person in question associates the Confederate flag with slavery?

Because your subsequent post said flat-out that that's what was meant by his Christmas message.  This, despite your subsequent claim that you "never said I get to decide what something means to someone else".

So which is it . . . do you or don't you get to decide what things mean to people other than yourself?
So, if a politician complained about a US state removing a swastika from its capitol building by wishing for a happier time when leaders stood up for what was right, you'd argue that the swastika means different things to different people and that he isn't in favor of nazis or an anti-semite?

Correct?
12/7/2015 6:26 PM
Does it take longer to think up retarded questions as opposed to questions?
12/8/2015 12:25 PM

Let's play BLs favorite game.  WHAT IF!
12/8/2015 12:27 PM

OK! 
12/8/2015 12:29 PM
12/8/2015 12:33 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
south carolina...LOL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.