Introducing the Smith mega power super duper conf Topic

a C-A would be around 3.5 and a C- to A+ I think is close to 4.5 I don't have my spreadsheet on me and I don't want to give out exacts as they arent mine, but 2.5 is very low each full letter grade is nearly 2x the effort required. If you are using 2.5 for 2 full letter grades thats really low and estimating a lot less effort on your part required frm the lower school

Even with 3.5x effort a 2 scholly Kentucky still has plenty of advantage to fully beat out Wake forest with 6 openings and if WF does drop every single dime they have of 160K then yes Kentucky can't do anything and WF will suck as they take 5 walkons or take a few $110 special players with no talent.
7/14/2016 12:05 PM
I see three options/answers to the postseason cash question. (1) is to leave things as they currently are. (2) is to make some major changes to the formulas used to calculate postseason cash and who gets how big a piece of the postseason cash pie. (3) is to eliminate postseason cash entirely. By doing this though, the value of prestige would have to increased to compensate for the removal of the postseason cash. If not, then why stay in full conferences at all? If the cash were totally eliminated, my opinion is that the by-product of that is the death of the "super conferences". Being in an isolated spot, with as few teams around you as possible would become the way to go. The Hawaiian, Puerto Rican, and Alaskan teams still might not be good choices but that's only because very few recruits are generated in those areas. I'm talking about a place like Montana, Billings in D2. Prime real estate.

My humble opinion is that option (2) above is the correct one. Critical to get the numbers right but shouldn't be that hard to do.
7/14/2016 12:45 PM
Going off track for just a second here but I think Kentucky must be one of the worst elite schools to coach at in this game. Surrounded by the Big Ten to the North, Big 12 to the West, the rest of the SEC to the South, and the ACC and to some extent the Big East to the East. I've coached at several BCS schools in my time playing this game, though never at Kentucky, so I can't say firsthand. I'd love to take on the challenge though, as well as a couple of other big schools that I haven't had the opportunity to coach yet (UConn, Michigan State, Kansas, and even though I'm a die hard Duke fan even UNC). Oh, Maryland and LSU as well.
7/14/2016 12:50 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/14/2016 12:05:00 PM (view original):
a C-A would be around 3.5 and a C- to A+ I think is close to 4.5 I don't have my spreadsheet on me and I don't want to give out exacts as they arent mine, but 2.5 is very low each full letter grade is nearly 2x the effort required. If you are using 2.5 for 2 full letter grades thats really low and estimating a lot less effort on your part required frm the lower school

Even with 3.5x effort a 2 scholly Kentucky still has plenty of advantage to fully beat out Wake forest with 6 openings and if WF does drop every single dime they have of 160K then yes Kentucky can't do anything and WF will suck as they take 5 walkons or take a few $110 special players with no talent.
D1 is a different dog. It wasn't a C- Wake Forest against Kentucky. The overall ACC conference strength raised, and maintained, Wake Forest's prestige at the B+/A- level. Even after seasons of 0-27. They went 20 seasons without a NT win and never dropped below a B prestige. That prestige bump could have been deemed as reward enough. Using more realistic D1 prestige advantage ratios, UK was never more than 1.5x over Wake.

Assuming the SEC pulled in $120,000 tourney cash; If both Wake and UK had one opening it was $75 vs $25. Both with two openings; 90 vs 40. With three, 105 vs 55.
7/14/2016 1:06 PM
Posted by oldwarrior on 7/14/2016 1:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/14/2016 12:05:00 PM (view original):

D1 is a different dog. It wasn't a C- Wake Forest against Kentucky. The overall ACC conference strength raised, and maintained, Wake Forest's prestige at the B+/A- level. Even after seasons of 0-27. They went 20 seasons without a NT win and never dropped below a B prestige. That prestige bump could have been deemed as reward enough. Using more realistic D1 prestige advantage ratios, UK was never more than 1.5x over Wake.

Assuming the SEC pulled in $120,000 tourney cash; If both Wake and UK had one opening it was $75 vs $25. Both with two openings; 90 vs 40. With three, 105 vs 55.
You just said WF was coming off of 1-25 and 2-24 seasons so I assumed they were C-

If it's B+ to A than yeh thats barely even a 1.5x advantage

and at that point thats the problem with how prestige is calculated not a bonus money problem, because a B+ WF compared to a A Kentucky if the ACC is better should be able to have an advantage.

Are you saying the SEC only won 8 NT games then yes Kentucky should be at a disadvantage to WF because a Big 6 conference winning 8 NT games is absolute terrible and the ACC just won 48 freaking games in the NT, and again Kentucky should have a bigger prestige advantage over WF which is a prestige problem not a conference cash problem, I do not see any problem with WF having that much money compared to the SEC with how different the performances were
7/14/2016 1:47 PM
I still think conference cash should not be split any other way that equal or at most 60-40 anything more and with what the current updates do you will see some massively talented teams who in this situation of bonus cash would be bringing in absurb amounts even a 50-50 split gives NC teams at D1 45,000+pool D2 15,000+pool and D3 9,000+ pool money which is absolute insane

what should've been done is just lower the amounts and keep everything pooled 100% while cutting carryover. Make D3 get 2K per NT win D2 gets 4K and give either 8K or 10K to D1
7/14/2016 1:50 PM
Speaking of the CCIW in Smith... wtf... 4 owners left, including the guy at Carthage who promoted this superconference idea for the CCIW... this was advertised as a long term project, but i've been at Martin Luther only 2 years and the conference is now breaking up... seriously, wtf, i wouldn't have renewed in Smith, i'd rather focus my energy on my other 2 teams...
7/16/2016 7:58 AM
well sorry the updates are being implemented not sticking around for them, when I set it up I had planned for it to be a long term project and survive, but then seble happened to an extent I'm not willing to play, can't just expect me to play through something I don't want too same with everyone else who left, I wouldn't expect them to stay if they weren't planning on staying just because originally it was a long term goal before full info was released about the beta
7/16/2016 11:07 AM
theOnlyis : the product is starting to make sense. You are not doing BETA so you would not know. Work to do, but overall it is starting to look good.

npb7768 Allen : MWC is a longterm project. Join me! I am building that D1 conference.
7/16/2016 11:49 AM
you know if you want people to join your conference you have to have an idea of who you are asking, you just asked a coach with no crrent Allen team and possible no Allen experience at all to come join you in a midmajor conference a process that takes 8+ seasons for him to even starting thinking about qualifying for any of those jobs basically a year to even make it there...... you can't just go around asking the last person on a thread to come join your conference you actually have to work to build a conference
7/16/2016 2:12 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/16/2016 11:08:00 AM (view original):
well sorry the updates are being implemented not sticking around for them, when I set it up I had planned for it to be a long term project and survive, but then seble happened to an extent I'm not willing to play, can't just expect me to play through something I don't want too same with everyone else who left, I wouldn't expect them to stay if they weren't planning on staying just because originally it was a long term goal before full info was released about the beta
What a rambling, incoherent, run on sentence!!! Amusing!!!
7/16/2016 3:11 PM
Posted by taniajane on 7/16/2016 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/16/2016 11:08:00 AM (view original):
What a rambling, incoherent, run on sentence!!! Amusing!!!
agree with rambling and run-on, but it was fairly coherent despite those flaws.
7/16/2016 3:25 PM
still easier to read anything tania has posted....

anyways npd don't worry someone applied to Carthage
7/16/2016 8:49 PM
◂ Prev 123456
Introducing the Smith mega power super duper conf Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.