Posted by colonels19 on 1/12/2016 10:09:00 PM (view original):
Man I hate "retirement speeches"
I didn't mean to make you cry.
1/13/2016 2:31 AM
hate to see you go stine, you were one of the best
1/13/2016 5:06 AM
thanks for the kind (although unwarranted) words, stine -- I always felt you were one of the elite DI coaches in the game, and you frustrated me more than once with OU in Naismith. GL going forward.
1/13/2016 12:46 PM
Wow...almost never check the forums...glad I randomly did. Sorry to see you go and honored to be at the top of your list (although Im sure it was in no particular order)...I always enjoyed our rivalries as well. John is right, you were certainly one of the elite coaches in the game...Also, never realized you were in the military, so thanks for your service. GL to you in "real life".
1/13/2016 1:02 PM
Also, just noticed that if we both happen to win tonight, I get the honor of having a shot to be your last game in Naismith!
1/13/2016 1:04 PM
Posted by mmt0315 on 1/13/2016 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Wow...almost never check the forums...glad I randomly did. Sorry to see you go and honored to be at the top of your list (although Im sure it was in no particular order)...I always enjoyed our rivalries as well. John is right, you were certainly one of the elite coaches in the game...Also, never realized you were in the military, so thanks for your service. GL to you in "real life".
Not to be a smart ***, but I would have thought the "navy" part of his ID would have been a good clue.
1/13/2016 1:12 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 1/13/2016 1:12:00 PM (view original):
Not to be a smart ***, but I would have thought the "navy" part of his ID would have been a good clue.
maybe he just went to Navy college.... oh wait :)
1/13/2016 1:18 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 1/12/2016 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Oklahoma in Knight was taken by chapelhillne, who moved over from Kentucky. Good luck.
Thanks stine - You left a very solid program, that in real life there would be huge pressure on a new coach to keep up. Hopefully we can keep it going anyway, despite the lack of pressure. I left Kentucky because I got decimated by 6 EEs which left me with a team of 4 guards. Had built quite a program, but it felt like it was a complete restart. And I wanted a new area for recruiting anyway, and one of my goals is to coach in every state at least once, plus DC and Puerto Rico. I have less than 20 to go now.
1/13/2016 2:17 PM
YE WERE HERE?
1/13/2016 2:24 PM
I got bored and left for about a year but I ended up coming back. You'll eventually miss it--no matter how hard you try not to. 

But best of luck stinenavy. Think I may have played you maybe once or twice my entire career--but you're a great coach and I'm sure you'll be missed. 

See you back in a year or two. 
1/13/2016 3:01 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 1/13/2016 1:12:00 PM (view original):
Know whats funny...literally play him every season or am in conferences with him across multiple worlds, we sitemail etc., and never paid attention...but would have been a great clue...dead give away even...and yes youre a smart a$$ :)
1/13/2016 4:49 PM
I have completely lost interest too.  Just playing out the few seasons I have left and won't be buying more. 

They really need to start new worlds.  That was where the most fun was for me, starting in D3 and racing to get to an elite school as quickly as possible. 

1/13/2016 5:22 PM
Oklahoma is on the table in Naismith. A+ prestige with 10 returning players.
1/19/2016 2:59 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.