Newton... Topic

.....seems to be following the Obama template with the media.

If you don't like Cam, it's because you're a RACIST!!!!!   Seems to me that sports is once place where it can be escaped from in mainstream society.   Mostly, we root for jerseys.   I can't think of one time, while watching sports, that the home team scored and someone said "Wish they had thrown it to a white guy."    Or, after winning a big game, a fan said "Well, we still have a darkie on the team."   And I'm certainly not saying it wasn't that way at one time, or still is in Boston, but it's just not mainstream.   The "normal" person doesn't really give a damn if the star is black, speaks Spanish or gets sun burnt by the moon.   For instance, I don't like:

Cam because of his endzone dancing and his college "problems"(being a criminal and his preacher daddy trying to sell him to the highest bidder).   Plus, as a SEC guy, I think Auburn is as dirty as any program in the nation and Newton was the center of it.   And, in addition, the rumor is that he was supposed to center the ball for the winning FG in the Natty and he chose to QB sneak.  I think he's a "Look at me!!" guy and, as an old school bastard, that annoys me.

Brady because he's a whinebag.  No one dislikes being hit as much as him and he's also a Patriot.   And, admittedly, he's a guy that's got the world by the balls and the natural inclination is to find reasons to dislike him.   Like fathering a bastard child.  And, after Tebow ran for a TD, Brady scored on his third sneak attempt and acted like it was the same thing.  And dancing stupidly.

Jeremy Shockey because he got into a fight his rookie season after one of the vets told him to get up and sing his college fight song.   That's pretty standard **** in the NFL.   And signaling "First down" after catching a 2 yard pass.   A lot of receivers do this now.

Aaron Rodgers because he displays an arrogance that his record hasn't earned.   I don't really give a **** if everyone says you're the best QB.   And excuse you for failing to win because you have little help.  ****, Brady wins.   Win something, you arrogant *****.

Joe Flacco for the same reason as Rodgers.   You're not Rodgers, Flacco.   Don't even pretend you can be half as arrogant.

Russell Wilson for his stock answers.   I don't know you to talk about grits and collard greens during your pressers but get away from the script every now and then, shitknocker.

I could go on but the point is that there are plenty of reasons to dislike Newton.   Skin color doesn't have to be one of them.

1/27/2016 2:28 PM
Jamarcus didn't make your list?
1/27/2016 2:50 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I stopped before I got to him.   In part because what I would have said about him would have sounded RACIST!!!!!    For instance:

Jamarcus Russell because he was an extremely talented athlete(those who scream RACIST!!!! say that only applies to black dudes) but lazy and stupid(only applies to black QB and Tebow).  Thought his signing money would set him up for life only to learn you can't **** it away and now wants to try a comeback.   **** you, you lazy bastard!!!  You had your chance!!!!!

1/27/2016 3:19 PM
NO

THAT IS OBVIOUSLY PACMAN JONES!
1/27/2016 3:39 PM
I think that's bullshit.   If you remove the "noise" around him, would the hate still be there?

I honestly think it might be an "age" thing.    People born in the 60s were on the tail end of segregation.   I know there were "whites only" bathrooms when I was a child but I damn sure don't remember them.   However, we also grew up watching sports and players behaved a certain way.   I loved Billy "White Shoes" Johnson.

It was new and different.   Then some players started taking it further.   Notably The Icky Shuffle, The Dirty Bird and whatever the Redskins called their antics.   I still thought those were amusing.  Then you reach the Ochocinqo and TO level.  Meh, a little over the top but still nothing too annoying.  But QBs were largely not involved in such things.   You, or maybe I, looked at them differently.  They threw a TD and went to the sidelines to look at photos of the defensive formation.  They were the businessmen.  The leaders.   Whatever you want to call them.    Kaepernick, Rodgers and Tebow changed that.  They had small, less choreographed celebrations.  I could live without the kissing of the bicep, the wearing of the belt, and the kneel and pray.    But, if nothing else, they were less extravagant the White Shoes. 

Then comes Cam's extended dance.   That's going to annoy "old school".   Not because he's black but because it's SO FAR beyond what QBs have done in the past.  Throw in all the college baggage and you have someone who could be very unlikable to people of a certain age and/or expect a certain behavior from a team leader.   My brother is 10 years younger and was raised in a similar environment.   He loves Cam but he's also a Panthers fan.

Personally, I think if Cam acted like Eli, a lot of dislike would disappear.   That's not to say he should but he shouldn't be surprised that acting so differently than previous QBs might just bring out some hate.

1/28/2016 9:28 AM
And, quite frankly, success will bring criticism.  No one would give a rat's *** about Brady if he spent his career as a back-up.    But he, Manning and slews of other successful, white QB get plenty of hate. 

For instance, I dislike Phillip Rivers because he berated JAY CUTLER during a game.  Everybody berates Jay Cutler but Rivers doing it after Cutler threw a pick looked so odd to me.  QBs don't do that.  But Rivers did and my first thought was "WTF is wrong with that *******?"

1/28/2016 9:32 AM
It's funny because I can't stand Cutler.....irrational dislike to the highest level

But....I have never stopped rooting against Rivers for that game against Cutler....he is just a punk that has never won anything to me
(Of course this keeps him up at night with regret)
1/28/2016 9:41 AM
Posted by moranis on 1/28/2016 9:33:00 AM (view original):
You mean if Cam acted like the other white QB's.  Got it. 
Yes, like the lily white Kaepernick. 

Dumbfuck.

1/28/2016 10:11 AM
Typical corporate whitey

1/28/2016 10:14 AM
Other than Vick, after the dogfighting, I can't think of a single black QB I didn't like.   I disliked TO for dissing McNabb after the Super Bowl.  I always rooted for Cunningham.    I'd like to see Bridgewater succeed because the haters kept yapping about his hand size(much like I rooted for Tebow because of the haters.  Who, BTW, I disliked in college for his "jump up and signal 1st down" bullshit as a freshman).  Couldn't have cared less about Doug Williams or Kordell Stewart. 

Cam is the first.   And he can join Raplisberger, Brady, Cutler, Rivers, Rodgers, Flacco as the other black current QBs I dislike.

1/28/2016 10:21 AM
Truth is, the fact that I can't even think of more than half a dozen black QB since I started watching the NFL in the early 70s, sort of proves my assertion that sports is almost immune to racism to normal people.    Unless, of course, there were only half a dozen black QB in the last 40+ years.
1/28/2016 10:28 AM
1|2|3...13 Next ▸
Newton... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.