Newton... Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 2/8/2016 11:35:00 AM (view original):
SACKLESS.

I think he'd given up on the game and made the decision to stay healthy rather than risk getting banged up in a dogpile.
They were only down by SIX when he fumbled the second time.  ONE life-defining drive away from becoming a legend...  Cam instead made himself the poster boy for the petulant, whiny, over-coddled millennials.  Happy and bubbly and the life of the party when things are going well, sullen and morose when things start to slip....
2/8/2016 12:27 PM
Yes, I'm aware of the situation.   I just think he thought there was no way he could complete that life-defining driver.    As you know, petulant children give up when difficulties confront them. 
2/8/2016 12:42 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
PEYTON IS CLASS!!!!   HE'S NOT GONNA CALL OUT THE CLASSLESS!!!!!
2/9/2016 7:03 AM
Jemelle Hill, the Jemelle Hill, says Newton needs to grow up.
2/9/2016 8:37 AM
Virtually everyone, even the folks who've supported his celebratory ways, has said Cam has to show up and be a professional when he loses.   Here's the thing:  I don't like the "at the locker" interviews.   You're raw for the loss and your behavior might be "unsteady".     The post-game interview is a "Shower, dress, collect yourself" interview.   Cam failed because he's a pouty ***** who can't handle disappointment.   He's the kid that takes his ball and goes home.
2/9/2016 8:41 AM
Nope.  Cam makes no apologies for his behavior and I make no apologies for my distaste of his behavior. 
2/9/2016 11:43 AM
I'm reserving final judgement about Cam until I get Reverend Al Sharpton's take on the post-game presser.
2/9/2016 11:46 AM
It appears that Cam has doubled down:

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton defended how he handled himself with the media after his team lost to the Broncos in Super Bowl 50, saying he's a "sore loser."

The newly crowned league MVP walked out on reporters Sunday after answering only a handful of questions, mostly with short, soft-spoken answers.

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser," he said.

He said if he offended anyone, "that's cool," and that he would not change his persona to appease anyone.

2/9/2016 12:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12|13 Next ▸
Newton... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.