Newton... Topic

Barkley on Lebatard pretty much saying what I've said.  
1/28/2016 10:41 AM
LOL Barkley tells Lebatard not to make up fake race conversations.     If Lebatard doesn't talk race, he has no show.
1/28/2016 10:42 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2016 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 1/28/2016 9:33:00 AM (view original):
You mean if Cam acted like the other white QB's.  Got it. 
Yes, like the lily white Kaepernick. 

Dumbfuck.

Kaepernick isn't white.  His father is black, mother is white
1/28/2016 11:59 AM (edited)
Posted by moranis on 1/28/2016 11:59:00 AM (view original):

Dumbfuck.

Uh, that's kind of my point. 

Kaep is identified as black(which is odd to me because Jeter wasn't).    And there was no massive dislike for Kaep.    A) he wasn't as over the top as Newton B) he wasn't as successful as Newton(although he was hailed as the "new type of QB" by some)

So why weren't all the RACISTS!!!!!! out to get Kaep?   Or, for that matter, Russell Wilson?

1/28/2016 12:04 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2016 12:04:00 PM (view original):

Dumbfuck.

Kaep is identified as black(which is odd to me because Jeter wasn't).    And there was no massive dislike for Kaep.    A) he wasn't as over the top as Newton B) he wasn't as successful as Newton(although he was hailed as the "new type of QB" by some)

So why weren't all the RACISTS!!!!!! out to get Kaep?   Or, for that matter, Russell Wilson?

because they act white
1/28/2016 1:06 PM
I'd think Mike's biggest problem with Cam Newton would how his success in the NFL has made Mike sound like a constipated Nolan Nawrocki wannabe. Which is to say possibly racist but definitely clueless when it comes to evaluating players . Which, to be fair, follows a template of a fair few dumbassed commentators who panned Newton as a prospect and now at least have the good sense to choking on their hot takes that he lacked the requisite "character" and "leadership" skills to be a franchise quarterback. Mike doesn't have the good sense to move on just yet, though he isn't really exposing himself to the same level of ridicule by posting on these forums

What does make me, for one, question whether Mike's opinions are shaped by fellow slap heads in the local klavern was his eye-bleedingly stupid suggestion that Tyrod Taylor wasn't a better NFL quarterback than Tim Tebow, which flies in the face of all statistical evidence and anybody who watched either of them play. Of course, he then doubled down by suggesting there was an anti-Christian conspiracy that's keeping Tim Tebow out of the NFL as opposed to his inability to read defences and ****** throwing mechanics.

Ironically, it certainly appears Mike is following a template, too. Can anybody guess which one it is?

1/28/2016 2:50 PM (edited)
Posted by moranis on 1/28/2016 1:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2016 12:04:00 PM (view original):

Dumbfuck.

because they act white
Kaep acts "white"?    How do "white" people act?

Can't you just admit that Newton's antics, unheard of for a QB, and past MIGHT just play a role in why people dislike him?

Barkley pretty much nailed it.    He finds Newton annoying.    He said "You can't beat me, celebrate all over me and expect me to like you."   More or less.

There is, without question, a percentage of people who do not like black people because of their skin color.   Always has been, always will be.    But is that why people don't like Newton and have no problem with the black QBs who act "white"?

1/28/2016 2:20 PM
To look at it another way, is anyone hating on the yappy WR/CB who celebrate as long as Newton(if there is one)?     I don't think so because it's sort of accepted that WR/CB can't do anything without patting themselves on the back and screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!  LOOK AT ME!!!!"    I think Newton is a unique athlete(OMG!!  I CALLED A BLACK GUY AN ATHLETE!!!!) at the QB position.   And he's also unique in how he celebrates as a QB.

I could use Elway and Eli as an example of firsts.    I have an irrational dislike for Elway.   My first introduction to him(I didn't follow CFB back then) was when he forced himself away from the Colts because he didn't want to play for Frank Kush.   He did this with daddy by his side the whole time.  My first thought was "How the hell does this ***** think he is?  You play for who drafts you.   You're not bigger than the NFL."    My distaste for him lives on.

Eli did the same thing.   I like Eli. 

Maybe, when the 2nd superhero, dancing, acting fool QB comes along, I'll like him.   But the first one, not so much.   Personally, I don't care what color the skin is for Cam, Elway or Eli.  But I'd prefer QBs not act like the clownish WR/CB. 

1/28/2016 2:29 PM
I'll add that this discussion is proving my exact point.    "If you don't like Cam, it's because you're a RACIST!!!!!"

Or, to use moranis' words, he doesn't "act white".    I'm sure he'll explain that to us shortly.

1/28/2016 2:43 PM
Does MikeT23's attitude towards Newton expose him as a:
Votes: 2
(Last vote received: 10/7/2016 10:52 AM)
1/28/2016 2:53 PM
Aw, so sad. 
1/28/2016 3:30 PM
Glad I unblocked you momentarily for that.   Should I check the other one for smartass remarks that don't pertain to the subject?
1/28/2016 3:30 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
MEH, NOT SO MUCH

UNLESS YE ARE A QB

1/28/2016 4:35 PM
Thanks for the opportunity to improve the original poll. You've clearly demonstrated why the original menu should have been broader.
1/28/2016 4:43 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...13 Next ▸
Newton... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.