Newton... Topic

Aw, so sad.   
1/28/2016 4:43 PM
How pathetic. I guess the results might scare you. That's OK. I can always just start a new thread.
1/28/2016 4:49 PM
If I was worried about what the idiots around here thought of me, I wouldn't have brought it up, dipshit.

Thanks for the dedication thread.    Glad I'm on your mind. 

1/28/2016 4:56 PM
No, I've noticed you don't mind parading your ignorance. For somebody who doesn't like demonstrative QBs, you set quite the standard for yourself.
1/28/2016 4:59 PM
Are you comparing me to Cam Newton?   Thanks.
1/28/2016 5:01 PM
Ha.  That was more fun than I thought.   Shall we continue?
1/28/2016 5:02 PM
You already explained why a QB is different than other positions.  Newton acts like the black man he is.  The nation doesn't want QB's to do that.  The nation likes their QB's vanilla. 

I happen to really like Newton.  I enjoy watching him play and I just love the fact that you can tell he loves the game and there is nothing he would rather be doing.  I find him refreshing, but I do really believe that he gets a lot of hate because he is a black man playing a white man's position and he does it louder than many other black men (though let's face it Warren Moon and Michael Vick (before the dog stuff) weren't exactly universally liked either).  The U.S. was founded on racism and still exists heavily in many places in this country.  Obviously not all things are racist (I think that Oscar's stuff is just utter nonsense), but I do really believe that Newton gets a lot of hate because he is black, he is really good, and he is outspoken. 

1/28/2016 9:05 PM
Jesus, dude.  

"acts like the black man he is"    
"because they act white"

I'll just gloss over that and say I don't really recall any hate towards Moon or Vick.   At least no different than what Brady, Cutler, Raplisberger, etc, etc, get now.   I don't recall any abnormal hate for Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young.    Maybe i don't look for it or maybe I don't see "acts like a black man" like you do.

Newton is demonstrative like a WR or DB.  Or a LB/DL after a sack on any color.    A QB being black is no longer unique.    Acting the way he does as a QB is quite unique.   That is going to turn some people off. 

And, to be clear, their is a pocket of America that will hate him for his skin color.   Is it 3%?  5%?   I have no idea but, in my world, I don't know if 1% would openly hate him for that. 

1/28/2016 9:33 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Racism is that high in the homeless community?   I find that shocking.
1/28/2016 9:50 PM
FWIW, Cris Carter-WR said Newton celebrates like a receiver and that is going to annoy people because it's not "QB behavior". 

I think I'm gonna give Newton the Marshawn Lynch Super Bowl award for creating controversy around himself for future profit.    However, the "I'm just here so I don't get fined" is a lot different than "People hate me because I'm black" statements.   This one might backfire as "too controversial".

1/29/2016 11:18 AM
Mike's "Go-To" move: someone disagrees with him and he doesn't know what to say in response, so he red lines them. Happens quite often. Guess that's easier for him than admitting he was wrong.
1/29/2016 11:42 AM
Unblocking you even for a moment always proves to be a stupid move.   willgibson started being insulting and off-topic.    moranis has disagreed with me throughout.

Which one got redlined?

1/29/2016 11:45 AM
Posted by all3 on 1/29/2016 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Mike's "Go-To" move: someone disagrees with him and he doesn't know what to say in response, so he red lines them. Happens quite often. Guess that's easier for him than admitting he was wrong.
I didn't realize Mike needed a safe space given what he's dished out to other people on these forums over the years. The lesson I've learned is some people can dish it out but can't take it. I'm sure site staff will look at his past track record on the forums in deciding whether I've stepped over the line with some of my posts, which weren't off topic. Who knew Mike could be such a sensitive little soul? So much bluster and yet so brittle.

1/29/2016 1:30 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...13 Next ▸
Newton... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.