Newton... Topic

And the fact that Trump seems to be leading the polls with "immature ********" actions might indicate America doesn't hate it either.
2/9/2016 3:36 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Report:  Browns drunk at draft, pick Johnny Manziel in first round.
2/9/2016 3:43 PM
Bigger deal:

"I didn’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was (positioned)," Newton told reporters in Charlotte on Tuesday. "It could have been contorted in a way. You say my effort? I didn’t dive down. I fumbled - that’s fine. That’s fine. We didn’t lose the game because of that fumble.”

But the fumble certainly was a critical play.

The Broncos took over at the Panthers' 4-yard-line with four minutes remaining. Four plays later, C.J. Anderson ran the ball in from two yards out, and the Broncos' two-point conversion gave them the 24-10 lead.

“You can condemn me and say, ‘Well, he gave up,’ ” Newton said. “It’s easy for a person to nitpick and say, ‘He gave up.’ That’ fine. I’m a grown man. I can understand that."

2/9/2016 3:57 PM
Yep, Cam gave up on the fumble.  I don't care why.  Let's be honest, he didn't want to get injured.

So, jump down my neck now, because I'll just point out that at least half of the QBs in the league only barely pretend to run anywhere near an interceptor.

Peyton has spent the last five seasons turtling rather than take a hit.  Sure it could be a career ender for him, but I can't feel bad for him just because he's rickety old.  He even warned Sanders in that earlier playoff game, if they don't call me down be ready because I'll get back up and look for you.

Brady has made an art form of "no one open so I'll flip it on the ground."  Doesn't even risk throwing it out of bounds, just dumps at his feet.  Sure, it's legal.

2/9/2016 4:13 PM
Nah, I won't jump down your neck but when matters.

No one cares when Manning hits the deck in the third quarter against KC in week 7.
No one cares when Brady bails on a play during week 14.

Truth is, neither of those cases are turnovers.   In the Super Bowl.    With less than 2 minutes left.   Down by 6.

2/9/2016 4:20 PM
It reads a bit differently when you read the whole thing and not just pull a line out.

"I've been on record to say I'm a sore loser,'' Newton said Tuesday as players cleaned out their lockers. "Who likes to lose? You show me a good loser and I'm going to show you a loser. It's not a popularity contest. I'm here to win football games.''

Newton said if he offended anyone, "that's cool."

He added: "But I know who I am and I'm not about to conform nor bend for anybody's expectations because your or anybody else's expectations will never exceed mine."

Newton hasn't spoken to the media in his previous four seasons on exit day, but he felt compelled to talk Tuesday amid the criticism. He said there were no regrets about how he handled himself after the loss.

"It happened,'' he said. "I didn't want to talk to the media at the time. The truth of the matter is I really still don't want to talk to the media. But at the end of the day, things have to happen.

"I had a lot of time to go back and play everything back. I'm human. I never once said that I was perfect. I never proclaimed that I was perfect, but at the end of the day, people pick and do things of that sort.''

2/9/2016 4:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/9/2016 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Bigger deal:

"I didn’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was (positioned)," Newton told reporters in Charlotte on Tuesday. "It could have been contorted in a way. You say my effort? I didn’t dive down. I fumbled - that’s fine. That’s fine. We didn’t lose the game because of that fumble.”

But the fumble certainly was a critical play.

The Broncos took over at the Panthers' 4-yard-line with four minutes remaining. Four plays later, C.J. Anderson ran the ball in from two yards out, and the Broncos' two-point conversion gave them the 24-10 lead.

“You can condemn me and say, ‘Well, he gave up,’ ” Newton said. “It’s easy for a person to nitpick and say, ‘He gave up.’ That’ fine. I’m a grown man. I can understand that."

Brings to mind Ricky Watters and his "For who?  For what?" press conference....

Except this was the Super Bowl. 

And it was a one-score game...

With two minutes.

2/9/2016 4:27 PM
Because I know, if I'm out there getting slapped around all day, I want Cam to be sure he's uninjured for that next game in 8 months.   After all, it's only the Super Bowl. 
2/9/2016 4:28 PM
Posted by moranis on 2/9/2016 4:25:00 PM (view original):
mike sounding like Dan Wetzel from yahoo

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cam-newton-s-defense-of-his-pouting-shows-fallacy-of-cultural-debate-185819846.html
More like Wetzel stealing from me. 
2/9/2016 4:39 PM
Cam pouting after losing to Vikings. Who are quarterbacked by another pouter.
9/25/2016 7:22 PM
Cam slammed in the head. Antics catching up to him?
10/2/2016 3:55 PM
LOL. Panthers lose.
10/2/2016 4:16 PM
Not to sure what the hell he was doing there.
10/2/2016 4:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13 Next ▸
Newton... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.