What to ask in the developer chat? Topic

Posted by damag on 2/5/2016 8:03:00 PM (view original):
GIVE MIKE A FREE TEAM AND MAKE HIM STFU!

Seriously, it's a great idea.  100%.  Call it a "Recruitment Credit." 

One thing I've always liked about WiS is that they've allowed their game to have so many parameters defined by the users in the case of private leagues/worlds.  However, in HBD, right now it feels like too much is left up to the users, specifically in having so much ride on the commish taking an active role.  Sweeten the pot, give the commishes more incentive to up their game.

My suggestion really wasn't about free teams or pot sweetening.    It was about getting some worlds going right now.  As a businessman, I'm against giveaways.  I've always hated it when users say "lower the cost" which, under my suggestion, is lowering the cost to zero.  But I'm of the belief that HBD is part of a routine.  I doubt anyone jumps out of bed, screams "I gotta check my team!!!" and dashes to their computer/mobile device.   However, at some point in the morning, checking their team is part of their routine.   When the world isn't active, it's not part of the routine.    And the thing about routine is that one can easily fill that time.   Sort of equate it to your on/off girlfriend going to visit her mother in North Dakota for a month.   By the time she returns, you've found a replacement. 
2/6/2016 7:41 AM
And, FWIW, it buys WifS 90 days to develop their plan/make changes. 
2/6/2016 7:42 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/6/2016 7:41:00 AM (view original):

One thing I've always liked about WiS is that they've allowed their game to have so many parameters defined by the users in the case of private leagues/worlds.  However, in HBD, right now it feels like too much is left up to the users, specifically in having so much ride on the commish taking an active role.  Sweeten the pot, give the commishes more incentive to up their game.

My suggestion really wasn't about free teams or pot sweetening.    It was about getting some worlds going right now.  As a businessman, I'm against giveaways.  I've always hated it when users say "lower the cost" which, under my suggestion, is lowering the cost to zero.  But I'm of the belief that HBD is part of a routine.  I doubt anyone jumps out of bed, screams "I gotta check my team!!!" and dashes to their computer/mobile device.   However, at some point in the morning, checking their team is part of their routine.   When the world isn't active, it's not part of the routine.    And the thing about routine is that one can easily fill that time.   Sort of equate it to your on/off girlfriend going to visit her mother in North Dakota for a month.   By the time she returns, you've found a replacement. 
On draft day I usually wake up early. But I'm weird like that.
2/6/2016 9:43 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/6/2016 7:41:00 AM (view original):

Joking about free teams, poor choice of words "pot sweetening".  I agree it was about getting worlds going and facilitating recruitment.

And you're right about the routine.  I now have three teams, after a couple of years of resisting "expansion."  Only because my original world sat dormant for four months.  And right now if I had to drop a team/world, it might likely be the original one.

2/6/2016 9:52 AM
Truth is, "pot sweetening" probably should be something to consider.    I can be a little bit of a pain in the *** as a commish because I want to play in good, competitive worlds.  Owners who join my worlds want that.   Maybe all owners want that.   But I don't think all commishes are created equal.    More than a few aren't concerned with the health of the world, only the health of their team.    Maybe, if commissioners were incentivized to do better, they would do better.   Possibly, if WifS treated them more like business partners, they clean up their act and create a better environment in their world.  

Or maybe not.   But it's something worth considering.   WifS really needs to think outside the box at this point. 

2/6/2016 10:03 AM
Do commissioners get any current incentive for their position?
2/6/2016 10:11 AM
$5 credit at season's end.
2/6/2016 10:19 AM
Yeah. That's not realy huge incentive.

Maybe (it would be a bit of work) but based on the world rankings that are done once a year, if you have a season that is a 'perfect score' (rollover time is less then 24 hours, no teams with over 100 wins or losses etc) you get a free team, and based on an algorithm you get less depening on how much lower your score is.
2/6/2016 10:23 AM
If you took on commish duties for a $5 credit, you're probably not doing a very good job.
2/6/2016 10:32 AM

I'll float this again. There are currently 426 openings. 260 are in private worlds. There are currently 96 active world commissioners. If WifS offered all of them a free team to use in an unfilled private world, and only half of them agree, you could fill 10 private worlds today. Commissioners could still screen and, unless I'm terribly wrong about commissioners, the "new owners" would abide by private world rules without disruption.

Or WifS can do nothing and 272 owners can wait.

Immediate action is needed. 426 with 11 worlds rolling in the next few days has to be an all-time worst.

2/17/2016 2:03 PM

AND I HATE THE IDEA OF GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

2/17/2016 2:07 PM

I had a nightmare last night that all my Hunter coaches had a 0 patience rating and all my prospects retired in frustration.

2/18/2016 6:01 AM
◂ Prev 12345
What to ask in the developer chat? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.