most stable conference ever? Topic

was just thinking whilst idly twiddling my thumbs:

What is the most "stable" conference"  currently in HD?   (and historically)

There are a couple different ways we could define "stable"...I think the ones i like best are:
  • Add the number of seasons each coach has been at their respective school
  • the number of seasons the conference has been full
  • The number of seasons in a row the conference has had the exact same 12 coaches
the last one is my personal favorite.

I'd like to see this divided by d1 d2 and d3.  and would even be curious about a separate list for each world.

I will probably try to pull all the data the figure this out at some point.

Anyone care to offer up some nominees?

2/4/2016 7:36 AM
In Tark, the CCAA has well over 300 seasons put in by our current coaches.    The conference is only been "full"  maybe 5ish times in the last 30 seasons but we are usually at 10 or 11.

There are 6 guys:  me, poncho#####,bjb, apkforsenate, yak, and dabisomething that have been around for a long time (20-80 seasons).   It's a pretty solid conference, I have only won the CT 7 times in almost 50 seasons.  I have played some of my conference mates over 100 times....
2/4/2016 9:12 AM
In Naismith D2, the WVIAC has a combined 239 seasons in the league currently, including a couple that have been there for 50+ seasons now. The GLV is sitting on 202 seasons right now. Six of the 12 of us will have been together in the league for 20 or more seasons at the conclusion of the current Naismith calendar. 
2/4/2016 1:20 PM
the old Upstate in Wooden was totally full for a very long time, but definitely cycled through some coaches. 
The Capital in Naismith d3 is a little lacking now (10 of 12) but was full for ages in the past. Freedom in Naismith was full a long time, too, but fell apart in last 3-4 seasons. 

ETA: CAC currently has 394 seasons with current coaches at current teams, and one of them moved intra-conference after 22 seasons, so 416 total seasons with current coaches in the conference. And that's despite the 2 SIMs we have now-- they replaced 50+ season coaches within the last 4-5 seasons. 
2/5/2016 9:43 AM (edited)
your mom's house, yo
2/5/2016 8:50 AM
most stable conference ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.