I think emy said it best, "recruit good players, play them".
2/11/2016 8:05 PM
Sim recruited. senior season with 22 distro. Athletic who?

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12458&pid=3193828
2/14/2016 7:51 PM
To be fair he is:

A: shooting 48%
B: fouling 2.7 times a game
C: turning it over 2.5 times a game.
D: averaging .89 points per possession, so not that efficient of a scorer.

2/15/2016 8:12 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 2/11/2016 6:13:00 PM (view original):
I'd also like to put forth the myth of needing ath/def to be good(at least in D3).

I've molded my d3 teams into spd/bh/pas demons(literal opposites of mfnmeyers).  I don't purposely target bad ath/def, I obviously aim for elite ath/spd/def, but when it isn't possible i revert to high spd/bh/pas than ath/def and I've been pretty successful.

I've won a NC in phelan where my starting lineup had 1 guy over 50 defense and 1 other guy over 50 ath. with averages of 50 ath 60 spd and 49 def.

I've been runner up in Iba with 50 ath 63 spd and 45 defense(starting defense was solid)

and currently in Iba I have the #5 team 22-2 1 rpi 2 sos(about to claim 1 sos again) with a team that has 2 players over 50 defense and averages of 44 ath and 35 defense(now I see myself being a 2nd round/s16 team but I'm having an elite regular season)

That being said my spd/bh/pas was off the charts and I had 1 elite per threat and 1 elite lp threat with great stamina.  In Phelan I ran uptempo all season and then surprised with slowdown for the entire nt and Iba I believe i ran uptempo every single game.

All were motion/press teams btw.

Personally I think if you can't get elite ath/spd/def guys i'd aim for elite spd/bh/pas I see a lot of teams with good ath/def and no other ability at all that are just average in performance the only wait to truly maximize the ath/def is to go the mfnmyers route.

"I'd also like to put forth the myth of needing ath/def to be good(at least in D3)."

I've found that to be true as well. I won a national title at D-3 in Phelan(season 68 or 69?) with below average defense and athleticism, mostly relying on speed, perimeter and ballhandling with some decent passing.

2/15/2016 11:16 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 2/15/2016 11:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 2/11/2016 6:13:00 PM (view original):
I'd also like to put forth the myth of needing ath/def to be good(at least in D3).

I've molded my d3 teams into spd/bh/pas demons(literal opposites of mfnmeyers).  I don't purposely target bad ath/def, I obviously aim for elite ath/spd/def, but when it isn't possible i revert to high spd/bh/pas than ath/def and I've been pretty successful.

I've won a NC in phelan where my starting lineup had 1 guy over 50 defense and 1 other guy over 50 ath. with averages of 50 ath 60 spd and 49 def.

I've been runner up in Iba with 50 ath 63 spd and 45 defense(starting defense was solid)

and currently in Iba I have the #5 team 22-2 1 rpi 2 sos(about to claim 1 sos again) with a team that has 2 players over 50 defense and averages of 44 ath and 35 defense(now I see myself being a 2nd round/s16 team but I'm having an elite regular season)

That being said my spd/bh/pas was off the charts and I had 1 elite per threat and 1 elite lp threat with great stamina.  In Phelan I ran uptempo all season and then surprised with slowdown for the entire nt and Iba I believe i ran uptempo every single game.

All were motion/press teams btw.

Personally I think if you can't get elite ath/spd/def guys i'd aim for elite spd/bh/pas I see a lot of teams with good ath/def and no other ability at all that are just average in performance the only wait to truly maximize the ath/def is to go the mfnmyers route.

"I'd also like to put forth the myth of needing ath/def to be good(at least in D3)."

I've found that to be true as well. I won a national title at D-3 in Phelan(season 68 or 69?) with below average defense and athleticism, mostly relying on speed, perimeter and ballhandling with some decent passing.

"I've found that to be true as well. I won a national title at D-3 in Phelan(season 68 or 69?) with below average defense and athleticism, mostly relying on speed, perimeter and ballhandling with some decent passing."

My gameplan playing man to man is, double teaming 9 players leave the worst periemeter guy open to take shots. Now Just imagine if I build a defensive team with high defense rating in the future with only my shooting gaurd taking most of the shots. That's a good idea I might actually try that in the future maybe next recruting class. I've already scouted work ethic and gpa this season. Next recruting class I might go gpa work ethic and defense.
2/15/2016 12:31 PM
YOu can only double team two players on the court at a time under a man defense.

2/15/2016 1:05 PM
Or zone, yes.

2/15/2016 1:48 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.