Has this happened to you? Topic

I recently had a team on which I planned to play three players at small forward: Donyell Marshall - 2580 minutes, Kevin Durant - 913 minutes, and Brandan Wright - 505 minutes. That's 3,998 minutes, more than 48 minutes per game. Fatigue should have never been a problem. The problem was that the sim insisted on playing these guys at the power forward position, even though I had that position covered by other players. The result was that all three of these guys were constantly tired. This didn't happen occasionally due to foul trouble. It happened almost every game. It makes it difficult to manage your minutes when the sim constantly ignores your instructions. Does anyone know a way to make the sim do what you tell it to do?
2/18/2016 8:30 PM
Can you site a specific game and tell me exactly how ur depth chart looks?
2/18/2016 8:40 PM
In my first playoff game Marshall played 32, Durant played 13, and Wright played 11. That's 56 minutes, according to Mrs. White, my 3rd grade teacher. Now both Durant and Wright are tired for the playoffs. In this game David Robinson played 32 minutes and Tyson Chandler played 12 minutes. They were supposed to play 48 minutes at center. DeAndre Jordan played 33 and Hassan Whiteside played 14 minutes. Steph Curry played only 30 minutes at shooting guard. So for the most part they are benching Chandler and Curry for a guy who only played 505 minutes and tires easily. There were not any foul troubles in this game. This game was typical of what they did frequently all season.
2/18/2016 9:07 PM
For the season David Robinson, Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan and Hassan Whiteside all played fewer than real life minutes and Donyell Marshall, Kevin Durant and Brandan Wright all played too many minutes.
2/18/2016 9:14 PM
I do realize this is just a game and we're trying to have a little fun with it. I just wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same issue.
2/18/2016 9:43 PM
Yep. I've submitted tickets on this issue on multiple occasions. I posted one of the chains on a similar subject regarding depth chart and substitutions on here several years back. It was comedy. I'll see if I can find it.
2/19/2016 1:51 AM
Haha, I found it. It's fun going back in time and reading all the posts.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=9&TopicID=423504&ThreadID=9093417#l_9093417
2/19/2016 2:04 AM
I have nothing to say about this because I am new
2/19/2016 9:16 PM
Posted by Midge on 2/18/2016 9:07:00 PM (view original):
In my first playoff game Marshall played 32, Durant played 13, and Wright played 11. That's 56 minutes, according to Mrs. White, my 3rd grade teacher. Now both Durant and Wright are tired for the playoffs. In this game David Robinson played 32 minutes and Tyson Chandler played 12 minutes. They were supposed to play 48 minutes at center. DeAndre Jordan played 33 and Hassan Whiteside played 14 minutes. Steph Curry played only 30 minutes at shooting guard. So for the most part they are benching Chandler and Curry for a guy who only played 505 minutes and tires easily. There were not any foul troubles in this game. This game was typical of what they did frequently all season.
The lineup at the end of the 4th quarter was (I'm guessing) ur scrub lineup (in which the sim puts the 5 players with the lowest target minutes on the court). However, that doesn't explain Durant playing center in the 2nd quarter.
2/19/2016 9:45 PM
That's another things that bugs me. I always have my settings on never rest my guys in a blowout win or loss. NEVER! However, if the other team's settings say to bring in the scrubs it will bring in my guys, too.
2/19/2016 10:21 PM
Posted by copernicus on 2/19/2016 9:16:00 PM (view original):
I have nothing to say about this because I am new
RIIIIIIIIIIGHT
2/19/2016 10:52 PM
if only there was some natural easy to program solution to this kind of stuff...
2/20/2016 5:49 PM
Hey! Aren't you new here?
2/20/2016 7:51 PM
a fellow named Scott once told me that the problem was that there were not enough natural stoppages in time during the game for the substitution logic to work properly - I then pointed out that the real NBA has some mandated stoppages and that sometimes in real life one or two (or more?) of those (f-ing outrageous) 20+ turnovers (per team) the sim tends to produce might also create a substitution opportunity - I was told by this fellow named Scott to go f--- myself (well maybe not in so many words but actions (or inactions for that matter) speak louder than words don't they?)

so in other words the easy to program and institute solution to this problem which would simultaneously address the issue and make for a more realistic box scores while not requiring significant diddling to the engine logic was handed to these a$$holes on a platinum plate like 6 years ago and their response was nothing
2/20/2016 10:32 PM
but then again what do I know, I'm new
2/20/2016 10:33 PM
12 Next ▸
Has this happened to you? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.