Posted by copernicus on 2/23/2016 11:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 2/22/2016 10:30:00 PM (view original):
lol... they act like it isn't already a large math problem that smart owners haven't already figured out...
it's funny when someone actually uses your own words of criticism from 10 years ago to defend their position having already instituted an approach that all but makes that thesis a fact - wait is 'funny' the right word?
If you mean funny haha, then no, not the right word.
If you mean it like I think you mean it - then yes, yes that IS the right word.
2/23/2016 9:16 PM
So there is really no reasonable belief that there will any sort of update (outside of adding 15-16 players) in the near future at all?
2/24/2016 1:04 PM
Posted by tstamp2 on 2/24/2016 1:04:00 PM (view original):
So there is really no reasonable belief that there will any sort of update (outside of adding 15-16 players) in the near future at all?
The next NBA SIM update is tentatively scheduled for the day after heell freezes-over.
2/24/2016 1:11 PM
Posted by tstamp2 on 2/24/2016 1:04:00 PM (view original):
there hasn't been one in over 10 years
2/24/2016 1:28 PM
they added offensive range in 2007 or 2008. That was the last one.
2/24/2016 5:55 PM
Actually they updated defensive ratings back in 2012 or 2013 to remove defensive rebounds from the defensive rating...forever nerfing Troy Murphy from god status, thankfully.

BUT

They give other parts of the sim more attention and they gain players. They give other portions of the sim no attention and it dies off. It sounds more like an issue with attention to the sim than it was for people actually playing. I remember things we use to complain about back in 2003 that would fall on deaf ears, and that is when theme leagues would fill in a day or two and OL's would fill two per day. Since then at least 50 solid regulars left.
2/25/2016 3:48 PM
I have only been with the sim a little over a year now and I am curious how did everyone get started on this? Did they used to advertise this or what? I only found it because I was specifically looking for something like this. Because more and more owners are leaving and we have no new comers and I am starting to see Basketball go the way of football.
2/25/2016 4:29 PM
On my original account I started as a baseball player because I heard Bill Simmons talking about it back when he used to write on his Digital City/AOL site (pre-ESPN), but being a basketball fan primarily I started playing basketball. I played football and basketball mostly and I used to play 10-20 leagues at a time back in those days.
2/25/2016 4:44 PM
yep bosoxbill
2/25/2016 5:06 PM
YES
2/25/2016 5:50 PM
Posted by copernicus on 2/25/2016 5:06:00 PM (view original):
yep bosoxbill
Yeah he denied that for awhile after he switched it from his original sptguy33
2/25/2016 10:11 PM
What are some reasonable updates or added features besides the ones ash mentioned Have been thought up by the simbball community?
2/26/2016 1:40 AM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 2/25/2016 4:29:00 PM (view original):
I have only been with the sim a little over a year now and I am curious how did everyone get started on this? Did they used to advertise this or what? I only found it because I was specifically looking for something like this. Because more and more owners are leaving and we have no new comers and I am starting to see Basketball go the way of football.
I used to frequent a forum called Maddenmania which was devoted to the Madden & NCAA football franchise games. People took it seriously & posted detailed, well-thought out reports on their franchises/dynasties & included stats, pictures, videos, etc... it was a really cool sim-involved community. One day, a user there was talking about this site here as something we could do for free (there was a promo code for a free team, so I made about 20 usernames to take advantage), and that was good ****. I mostly did the football thing, as I was a bigger football fan than basketball (still am, but hoops have made a strong comeback), but as I started comparing the simulations, the bball one was much, much better. I also figured that the better team had a better shot of winning it all since the playoffs were series, whereas in football, the playoffs are one-and-done. Winning ain't everything in competition, but when you consistently pump out 14-2 teams just to lose to a 9-7 team because of statistical outliers, well, it starts to get to you. Increasing the sample size (number of games in regular season as well as playing series instead of one-and-dones) makes the likelihood that statistical outliers determining the outcome (much like how I have said that if you think you have the better team, run up-tempo) smaller. So, as it were, I started playing much more hoop & less gridiron. Almost a decade later, here I am...
2/26/2016 3:14 AM
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=510&TopicID=484849&page=-1&TopicsTimeframe=0#postBox

just a refresher
2/26/2016 10:22 AM
Posted by tstamp2 on 2/26/2016 1:40:00 AM (view original):
What are some reasonable updates or added features besides the ones ash mentioned Have been thought up by the simbball community?
check out the suggestions forum or as I like to call it, the graveyard of dreams
2/26/2016 11:46 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.