BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

Ivanka is kinda hot though. I bet she smells good, too. Has that good old rebellious American streak................ after all she married a Jew...........that must have upset Daddy for awhile. She probably couldn't have done anything more "take that daddy" than marrying a Kirschbaum or whatever.

Good for her. I think I like her. lol
3/28/2017 11:12 PM
Publicly, at least, Donald seems fond of his son in law...he may not toss him in the oven.
3/28/2017 11:15 PM
"His facts are sometimes sketchy at best."

Ha ha. You're killin' me here, Doc!

Also:

HOW THE WHITE HOUSE AND REPUBLICANS BLEW UP THE HOUSE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION

3/28/2017 11:48 PM (edited)
I'm just sayin':

1. Bill Clinton is elected in the midst of a recession and industrial collapse, promises to work on jobs ("Focus on the economy like a laser, it's the economy stupid" etc.), gets in, does stuff banks want instead and his first legislative initiative is health care reform, which he turns over to the First Lady, Hillary Clinton to work on. It is incredibly complicated, instead of the simply systems they have in other countries (you pay taxes, you pay no health insurance anymore, you go to the doctor), and fails in Congress. The legislative process results in hard feelings all around, undermines his presidency and with the economic policies that are seen as anti-full employment (NAFTA), the Democrats lose control of the House of Representatives which they had held for all but two years from 1932-1994.

2. Barack Obama is elected in the midst of the worst recession since the 1930s, promises New Deal-like jobs programs, does keep the economy afloat with deficit spending but does not focus the money on full employment creation, infrastructure etc. and instead his first big legislative initiative is health care.It is incredibly complicated but does just pass the Congress, but the legislative process leaves hard feelings all around, and along with doing stuff that helps banks and globalization policies perceived to be anti-full employment, the Democrats lose the House which they had gotten control of again in 2006 in the wake of the Iraq War policies of Bush II and his letting New Orleans go under water like some ancient Pharaoh watching the Nile overflow its banks as a work of the gods.

3. Donald Trump gets elected in the midst of officially better, but in fact worrying jobs concerns - lack of growth in wages over decades, de-industrialization continued into its fourth decade, five million men out of the workforce, promising to reverse the globalization and free trade policies of predecessors and to create jobs in America again. His first big legislative initiative is health care "reform" - it is incredibly complex, fails in the Congress, leaves hard feelings all around and the rest of his policies do not (at least as yet) include the jobs/infrastructure promises made in the campaign, but rather policies, like tax cuts for business and the rich that will weaken workers' bargaining position or increase inequality and have no positive impact on jobs.

Two observations:

1. I would be my money on the Republicans losing the House based on precedents.

2. Who woulda thunk that Trump, whatever errors you thought he would make, the would make the SAME ONE that Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama made?
3/29/2017 4:33 AM
where will trump throw out the first pitch.....i guess it will be arizona.....lets hope he doesnt tear a rotator cuff.
3/29/2017 10:15 AM
anyone following the internet privacy protection issue....congress is allowing internet providers to sell your data...stripping away the law that now protects your privacy.....at & t will let you pay them to not release your data...sounds like ransom.
3/29/2017 11:42 AM
C'mon Man! Just who did you think the repugnican congress was working for Dino? Certainly not us citizens. You cwazy rabbit.
Too bad we don't still have that crazy Muslim Kenyan in the WH. We could have at least counted on him to veto stuff like this and make the corporate shills..... err.................... repugs in congress try to override. But no.......... the "tea people" and others of limited judgment gave us the ultimate repugnant businessman............... a shady developer with a shaky history (or worse!),a social gadfly who insists that all things center around him at all times, a shallow mind with extremely limited attention span, and (worse yet) a man with no regard for truth, accuracy, or apparently even decency.

Someone who actually disregards known fact if it disagrees with his own warped view of reality. What's the word for this situation.
Surreal comes to mind, but so do a lot worse words and scenarios.

Once again I quote Toad the Wet Sprocket.........
Pray Your Gods
3/29/2017 12:12 PM
bob..i didnt want to say it but it was a party line vote....good example of freedom ?....not....
3/29/2017 12:15 PM
saw a story today about executions in arkansas and concern about the use of a problematic drug......how can there still not be an effective drug...they could at least use chloroform to render them unconscious....then use a lethal drug or let them od on morphine...that would work and not be cruel or unusual as far as legal executions are concerned.
3/29/2017 12:21 PM
Posted by dino27 on 3/29/2017 12:21:00 PM (view original):
saw a story today about executions in arkansas and concern about the use of a problematic drug......how can there still not be an effective drug...they could at least use chloroform to render them unconscious....then use a lethal drug or let them od on morphine...that would work and not be cruel or unusual as far as legal executions are concerned.
The problem is that the focus is on the "comfort" of the condemned. I like the idea of a morphine drip, followed by a beheading. The main problem with the beheading is that the brain still lives for a short time (10-60 seconds depending on who you believe). If the brain is flooded with morphine, that should satisfy the bleeding hearts who are worried about whether the criminal "suffered".

Frankly, "cruel and unusual" is what most of the criminals deserve. This takes out the cruelty factor, and makes it Must-See-TV.
3/29/2017 12:49 PM
Public executions are a deterrent...
3/29/2017 1:28 PM
Indeed, Doc. Several of the world's classier countries are still doing public executions (North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia). I don't have their crime stats at hand, but I'm sure they're very, very low.
3/29/2017 1:41 PM
While indeed it's hard to muster sympathy for the truly depraved amongst us. (Who decides and where's the line exactly?)

I find it disconcerting that many fail to see the dichotomy of supporting state or "Federal" executions (a classic example of state sponsored terrorism) while at the same time clamoring on about the sanctity of life and attempting to re-outlaw 1st term abortion procedures by educated free, adult women and their partners. Using the "state" (or LAW) to enforce the protection of "life" (a fetus within the womb of another free LIFE), while proudly supporting our societies "elimination" of our worst products of wasted lives (of which there are many!), even the perps of violent behavior, ignores the fact that violence was ever present in our past and public floggings and hangings and stone-ings, etc are clearly the tools of a society that MOST of us don't want to live in.

For every bad guy hung in the past here in the West (of the 18th and 19th centuries, and before) I can guarantee you there were many innocent lives butchered (many of them women and children) within the brutal and violent acts common of the time period whose loss (likely) far outweigh ANY reduction in violence thru some perceived "deterrent". Hangings didn't cease because of a lack of subject material........... I reckon there were other compelling reasons.

As I said before............ bottom line......... who decides? That's NOT SUPPOSED to be human realm. Make me the decider.......... and a lot of you perish. lol
3/29/2017 3:15 PM
occurrence at owl creek bridge.
3/29/2017 5:18 PM
Posted by dino27 on 3/29/2017 11:42:00 AM (view original):
anyone following the internet privacy protection issue....congress is allowing internet providers to sell your data...stripping away the law that now protects your privacy.....at & t will let you pay them to not release your data...sounds like ransom.
i find this issue interesting i remember back in the early 90"s i had started a residential window washing company (hardest job i ever had ) i was able to buy a complete list of names and address"s by the zip code i wanted specific zip codes to reach the wealthier neighborhoods i would then tailor my mailings to those people using their names and neighbors i had worked for in the flyers i mailed. my first thought is i don't see much difference sure the list are more comprehensive now what with all the information on the internet but it seems to me this general concept has been going on for decades.
3/29/2017 7:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...114|115|116|117|118...312 Next ▸
BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.