BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
a shout out to doug out...just discovered his thread called educated cats discuss the mews of the day...hilarious and brilliant..i esp love the cat giving the high 5.
4/29/2017 3:53 PM
when the tax plan comes out pay special attention to 2 things......repeal of the minimum alternative tax.....it is more important then the rate to the mega wealthy......and end of the deduction of state and local taxes...thats how the small business man will pay for the tax breaks for the wealthy..
dont be fooled again.
4/30/2017 12:53 PM
welcome mixtroy.......
5/1/2017 10:38 AM
I read this article on Philippine president Duterte a couple of months ago and thought, "Well, here's a guy so horrible that even Trump can't admire him."

I was wrong.

Oh yeah, and this:

Mr. Trump has a commercial connection to the Philippines: His name is stamped on a $150 million, 57-floor tower in Manila, a licensing deal that netted his company millions of dollars. Mr. Duterte appointed the chairman of the company developing the tower, Jose E. B. Antonio, as an envoy to Washington for trade, investment and economic affairs.

Nothing to worry about, though. I'm sure it's all on the up and up.
5/1/2017 3:03 PM
i thought it was just dictatorsRus.
5/1/2017 6:55 PM
Posted by mixtroy on 5/1/2017 8:23:00 AM (view original):
Trump is an idiot who'll say and claim anything without any basis in fact or law and is so ill equipt to be President that's its embarrassing. PERIOD!!! I cant wait to see him impeached so he can craw back under whatever rock he came from.
I keep hearing this living in the Bay Area. What's he going to get impeached for?
5/2/2017 1:53 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/2/2017 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mixtroy on 5/1/2017 8:23:00 AM (view original):
Trump is an idiot who'll say and claim anything without any basis in fact or law and is so ill equipt to be President that's its embarrassing. PERIOD!!! I cant wait to see him impeached so he can craw back under whatever rock he came from.
I keep hearing this living in the Bay Area. What's he going to get impeached for?
Quickie video.

Longish article.
5/2/2017 2:19 PM
I read much of that New Yorker article before. I found it to be particularly uninsightful and full of wishful thinking and revisionist interpretations. "High crimes" was not intended to mean things that aren't violations of the law, or however it's phrased in there. If they meant improper carriage of the office, they would have phrased it that way. A lot of time and precision was involved in the writing of the Constitution. I think it's fair to assume it means exactly what is says. Moreover, the historical precedent indicates that Congress agrees with me on this. The reality is that Trump hasn't done anything remotely impeachable.

I continue to maintain that if he leaves office it's most likely to be voluntarily. I've been saying since before day 1 that he's going to rapidly become fed up with the fact that he can't run the government as he would his company. It's going to get under his skin that he can't tell people what to do and ultimately have them do it. Over and over again we've seen this very thing coming into play - it's driving him nuts that Congress and the courts keep involving themselves in his decision-making process. He would like the rest of the government to basically help inform and carry out his decisions, much as his employees and self-appointed boards would do in a corporate setting. It's not going to work that way in government. His continued painting of Democrats as "the enemy" further underlies the fact that his perspective is that while he's the President everyone should just go along with him (it's also a very unsettling perspective on 55% of the country of which he is ostensibly the face at this point).

I still think there's a chance that ultimately this frustration will cause him to resign and go back to a world where everyone will do what he says. But as of now I have not at any point seen a road to impeachment. And I do think that as dangerous as Trump is as the President, impeaching him would be a grave miscarriage of justice.
5/2/2017 3:03 PM
Just watched that video and it's utter bullshit. Nobody remotely objective would buy into virtually anything said in that video aside from point 5. 1 through 4 are all massive stretches. If you honestly disagree with that I can elaborate on why I feel that way, but you seem like a smart guy.

If it turns out that Trump personally discussed or authorized the election hacking that would be the smoking gun. No doubt about that. But unless it can be proven that he had personal involvement, there's not much that can be done except ask him to take tougher stances on Russia. Which I'm not convinced is good for the world.
5/2/2017 3:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...141|142|143|144|145...312 Next ▸
BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.