BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
comey is a showboat and a grandstander

he garbs up in the red white and blue

gets a little moisture in his eye, trembles a lip

earnest like opie loves the force

but he keeps a diary like a drawer full of knives

he's a c*nt **** political machine
5/19/2017 11:01 PM
love it.
5/20/2017 12:06 AM
for those who have sirius/xm the 24/7 beatles channel has started....channel 18.....all beatles......solo beatles.....cover songs......artists that inspired the beatles....live stuff...chris carter breakfast with the beatles...guest djs....fantasy concerts....etc
5/20/2017 1:03 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 5/19/2017 8:36:00 PM (view original):
So today we found out that Trump called Comey a "nut job" when he was palling around with his Russian comrades in the Oval Office last week. In the Lester Holt interview he called Comey a "showboat" and a "grandstander." Next up, he'll be mocking Comey's crazy orange hairdo.
As with all of the other Russian-related allegations, nobody has a source. I recognize the need for anonymity within the administration, but at the same time, the NYT and CNN are coming out with a lot of unsourced attack articles in the last week and a half or so.

I wish Trump had requisitioned an investigator himself. In that case there would be an opportunity for this to finish up reasonably cleanly. As it is there is no good outcome. If Trump is guilty, the country looks bad at the Republicans are angry. If he turns out not to be guilty, a bunch of Democrats and media outlets look bad. No good result. The best case is what I view as most likely - Trump had no real knowledge of election tampering, but somebody(ies) in his inner circle did, and now they're actively manipulating him to cover it up. In that case he gets to stay, which makes his voters happy, and somebody gets thrown under the bus, which makes some of the Dems at least less upset than if nobody associated with the administration is connected to wrongdoing.
5/20/2017 8:05 PM
But, even IF (and that's a big if) he had no knowledge of tampering, if he's taking steps to cover it up, e.g., by asking Comey to drop the investigation, firing Comey to thwart the investigation, etc., that would be a criminal offense which would make him subject to impeachment. So i can't see how he'll get to stay. I believe he knows the noose is tightening bc before an independent counsel was appointed he claimed he welcome it just to get to the bottom of things. Now that one has actually been appointed, whom he has no control over, he's whining that it's not necessary and that it "hurts" our country and shows that we're "divided" when no one has hurt and divided our country more in four months time than Trump himself. Doesn't he get it? If he wouldn't say and do some of the things he says and does, there wouldn't be a special counsel. He creates his own problems by still thinking he can do whatever he wants and not knowing when to keep his mouth closed. He's gonna really look like the village idiot when it comes out that there WAS collusion in light of his repeated public statements there was none. And if it comes out that he knew about it, all of his claims that there wasn't any collusion are gonna be the basis of an obstruction of justice charge.
5/20/2017 9:28 PM
If he knows what's best, he needs to stay off Twitter, keep his ******* mouth shut and stop his childish whining about being treated so "unfairly"!!!
5/20/2017 9:35 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Is it OK to keep riding the "we hate fanatic Liberals" wagon?
5/21/2017 10:32 AM
ive never watched any of the political television shows like house of cards..westworld etc but i am watching designated survivor...really enjoy it..i wonder how it ranks vamong all the pres politics tv shows.
5/21/2017 10:33 AM
Posted by all3 on 5/21/2017 10:32:00 AM (view original):
Is it OK to keep riding the "we hate fanatic Liberals" wagon?
I can only speak for me here (but I'm fairly sure I speak for many with this reply) but SURE!

I'd just beg you to understand who the "fanatic Liberals" actually are and to gain some understanding of the indisputable FACT that the tenants of our Free Society as underscored and enshrined by our Founding Documents into our Law are liberal principles. Your beef isn't with what a liberal principle is, your beef is with some "politicians" whom you deem Liberal because they espouse certain political positions with which you disagree. Is it not?

I'm fairly sure, given your writings here, that IF you had the political power and ability you would be just as intent on "cajoling" (with OR without our consent) society into abiding by YOUR particular sense of morality or viewpoint as any hated individual you're presently calling a "fanatic Liberal".

So, what does that make you?

I won't respond to your posts any longer as I tire of debating at such level as required where you are concerned.
I do hope life goes well for you moving forward EVEN when the Dumocrats are running things again, which will happen sooner than later if Rump stays on his present course. Most of those "fanatic Liberals" you despise so much also love this Country and wish for it to succeed, even the dummies amongst them.
You do too, I trust and for that I salute you.
5/21/2017 11:23 AM

Back to Videos

Dershowitz Calls Special Counsel Mueller Good News For Trump: "He's Going To Find No Crime"

Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date May 20, 2017

Legal eagle Alan Dershowitz believes special counsel Robert Mueller will be good news for President Trump.

"He's going to find no crime," Dershowitz predicted.

"Political wrongdoing, but it's just not a crime," he said. "Nobody can point me to a statute that would be violated. And a prosecutor is only allowed to look for evidence of a federal crime."

"Nobody can point me to a statute that would be violated. And a prosecutor is only allowed to look for evidence of a federal crime. And the reason I think Trump may benefit from this is this will be a secret proceeding. Mueller is a very honorable guy, so he's not going to leak anything. And in the end, he's going to find no crime," Dershowitz said.

"It's going to be done in secret, behind closed doors, and all we get in the end is no indictment or a lower-level former official gets indicted," Dershowitz said. "And I think in the end that helps the Trump administration, not hurts them."

Rough transcript, via FOX News Channel:

TUCKER CARLSON: Democrats like Congresswoman Maxine Waters have hailed the appointment of a Special Counsel to investigate Donald Trump's presidential campaign saying it's the latest step toward his inevitable impeachment. But one of the country's top lawyers is not convinced. Long-time Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz says, the special council could vindicate Trump rather than bringing about his downfall. Here it is.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ALAN DERSHOWITZ, HARVARD LAW PROFESSOR: Show me the criminal statute. Istill sit here as a civil libertarian. I don't want us ever to become what Stalinist Russia became when Stalin was told by Lavrentiy Beria, show me the man and I'll find you the crime. What is the crime?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

CARLSON: Professor Dershowitz joins us tonight. Professor, I was really struck by this. I don't think you are a big Trump supporter.

DERSHOWITZ: I'm not.

CARLSON: But you asked a question I haven't heard anybody -- I know that. You asked a question nobody has asked, which is, "What is the crime to which the Special Counsel is responding"?

DERSHOWITZ: Uh-hm.

CARLSON: What is the answer?

DERSHOWITZ: Well, first, I'm here not as a supporter of Donald Trump. I voted for Hillary Clinton very proudly.

CARLSON: Right.

DERSHOWITZ: I'm here as a supporter for civil liberties and construing status narrowly as they were written. I just don't see a crime here. I see perhaps some political wrongdoing. I see leaking information on both sides. But even if, for example, the campaign coordinated, which there is no evidence of, but coordinated activities with Russia. And even if Russia and the campaigns said, gee, wouldn't it be better if Trump were elected? That's political wrongdoing, but it's just not a crime.

Nobody can point me to a statute that would be violated. And a prosecutor is only allowed to look for evidence of a federal crime. And the reason I think Trump may benefit from this is this will be a secret proceeding. Mueller is a very honorable guy, so he's not going to leak anything. And in the end, he's going to find no crime. Maybe he will issue a report, which in my view would be improper, because he only hear is half of the evidence. Only the prosecutors pointed the evidence. But he will say there is no crime.

May be the worst-case scenario for the Trump administration is maybe Flynn gets indicted for lying, the President probably pardons him at that point. But it's two years from now. Or a year and a half from now. And in the meantime, he has a reprieve. If they had appointed an independent investigatory commission, the whole story would come out, and then it would depend on whether it's inculpatory or exculpatory. The public would know. But now it's going to be done in secret behind closed doors. And all we get in the end is no indictment or a low level former official gets indicted it and I think in the end that helps the Trump administration and that hurts them.

CARLSON: I want to get back to your first point which is there is, there is no crime being alleged. So, I'm hearing Democrats every night say, it's likely that the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russians on the timing of the WikiLeaks dump. If there is no evidence of that, but if that turns out to be true, that's not a crime?

DERSHOWITZ: Of course not. Why would that be a crime? It would be like "The Washington Post" publishing WikiLeaks. As long as the Trump administration, or no individual told them to hack the DNA, that would be obviously very different, or gave them information that was useful in hacking the DNC, but just knowing that they hacked the DNA taking advantage of that fact, it's not a crime.

CARLSON: So this whole, why the -- I mean, you know, I've been doing this almost every night for six months. And I'm embarrassed to admit I've never thought about the point that you made, not one time. Why is there than a Special Counsel?

DERSHOWITZ: Well, there shouldn't be. Look at the letter. The letter says you should look into the Russian thing and anything that grows out of it, nobody points to any kind of crime. And there can't be obstruction of justice for the President to fire Comey, that's his constitutional and statutory right to do that. Even if the President did say to Comey, let it go when it comes to Flynn. Under the unitary theory of the executive, the President has a right to direct the Justice Department and the right to direct the FBI what to do.

Thomas Jefferson told his Attorney General to prosecute Aaron Burr. He told them how to do it. He called witnesses. And he the President gave them immunity. He called the Chief Justice who was his cousin, John Marshall, and threatened to have him impeached if he didn't convict Aaron Burr. Aaron Burr got acquitted in, but not to any failure to Thomas Jefferson. So, historically, the President is the head of the executive branch and he cannot be convicted of obstruction of justice for simply performing his constitutional duty.

DERSHOWITZ: Look, if he tore up a subpoena or erased tapes or put out a perjured testimony, that's very different. But just by exercising his constitutional rights, there is no obstruction of justice here and I don't see any crime here at all.

CARLSON: Then, on what grounds with the acting Attorney General have put Mueller in that job?

DERSHOWITZ: Well, I think he did it to protect his own reputation. I think we are seeing a lot of people doing a lot of things to protect their reputation. It starts with Sally Yates, she refuses to defend the travel order, to protect her reputation.

DERSHOWITZ: It goes to Mueller -- Comey who wants to have his cake and eat it. He hugs the President and then he turns against him. We then see that -- he wants to preserve his reputation. He does what the President tells him to do, write a memo. Now he's turning against him. We're seeing a lot of that going on here today. Reputation protecting, playing it both ways, wanting the President to like you but then when things turn sour, turning against him.

CARLSON: Amazing. There are about nine actual civil libertarians left in
America. And you are one of them.

DERSHOWITZ: Well, I'm going to speak out on civil liberties. And sometimes it's going to help Trump. Sometimes it's going to hurt him.

CARLSON: Yes.

DERSHOWITZ: But I'm there to speak out on behalf of civil liberties. That's more important than politics.

CARLSON: Well, God bless you. Thank you, Professor. I appreciate it.

DERSHOWITZ: Thank you.
5/21/2017 12:19 PM
I found his bit about Jefferson very surprising.
5/21/2017 12:25 PM

Are any Democratic lawmakers starting to fear that they’re not going to find that evidence? The intelligence community is presumably always watching the Russian government as closely as they can. The FBI counterintelligence guys presumably track Russian agents on our soil as much as possible. You figure the NSA can track just about any electronic communication between Russians and figures in the Trump campaign. If there was something sinister and illegal going on between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, the U.S. government as a whole had every incentive in the world to expose that as quickly as possible.

They didn’t expose it before Election Day, they didn’t expose it before the Electoral College voted, they didn’t expose it before Inauguration Day … How many months have the best investigators in the United States been digging into this?

The establishment media has repeatedly highlighted the president’s inexperience and incompetence, yet he has somehow been able to hide deep political orchestrations with Russia, a clear U.S. rival, from America’s most advanced surveillance apparatus on the planet.

5/21/2017 1:17 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...180|181|182|183|184...312 Next ▸
BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.