BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

we started to actually get mad when the republicans changed their minds.
11/19/2016 9:34 AM
Posted by DoctorKz on 11/18/2016 8:26:00 PM (view original):
Oh I think the treatment of Native Americans was horrible, and inexcusable.
Me too Doc!

Say......... do you think we did that much better by the Chinese brought here to work for us, or the Africans brought here to work for us, or the Mexicans brought here to work for us............., etc?

Now substitute the word "slave" for work (in this usage they are synonyms) in the above sentence, and you have some idea of the level of the problem.

Until I'm willing to pick my own lettuce, stomp my own cotton, pick my own strawberries, peaches, pears, cherries, nectarines, etc........ I ain't gonna come down too hard on any illegal immigrant. You see, I grew up in the Agriculture industry. Learned all the cuss words I know in Spanish working alongside hispanics in the field. But, I won't work for $2.10/hr anymore. Some of them will.

You want to deport all the illegals? Really? Prepare to pay 3 - 5 bucks/hd. of lettuce (almost) immediately!
And I know (personally) many orchardists in Central Washington you will slowly put out of business as year after year some of their crop gets wasted due to lack of "pickers".

Most "mexicans" are just like you and me. Except most will work harder.
And in Arizona (where I live) they (most of them) are about as assimilated as you can get. Many small towns are majority mexican and have been for decades........... in some cases BEFORE statehood. The question in some areas is just WHO IS the immigrant. It may be the Anglo-Saxons!

Just some thoughts. MY current culture (as an Arizonan) has some decidedly latin tinges............ and I like it that way!
I ain't afraid of no "brown ghost". lol
11/19/2016 10:19 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Whatever Heid. You refuse to accept the FACT that scores of "workers" in our fields Don't have the proper paperwork. It's been that way for decades, including the time I was working alongside them (1969 - 1972). I had no idea even then WHICH of the "workers" next to me had the "proper" paperwork and which didn't. The farmer didn't care either. All he cared about was whether the person would show up and work hard. Most of the time the "crew" was delivered en mass by a middleman of some sort. That SAME sort of "middleman" will find a way to get over, around, or thru, any Great Wall you want to build to keep out the folks you fear. You just plain don't understand NEED. Too secure in your bubble, likely. When was the last time you actually visited some "village" or "town" inhabited by folks primarily dealing with poverty, say Guaymas, Sonora or someplace even smaller that I can't use as an example because you wouldn't know of it? I bet it's been a long time! When a chance for a better life is just across the street, you move across the street. Any bozo knows that, it's called common sense.

You can conjure up all the meanings of liberal you want. ANY historian will inform you that OUR Founding documents are decidedly LIBERAL governing principles!
11/19/2016 12:49 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 11/19/2016 10:44:00 AM (view original):
I ain't gonna come down too hard on any illegal immigrant.

Problem with this is too many people don't understand the meaning of the word "illegal" anymore. I currently work with "legal" immigrants from Mexico. They may not be citizens but instead are here on work Visa's and are here LEGALLY. Many of the immigrants working in the fields that you call "illegal immigrants" aren't here illegally. Most, if not all of them have work Visa's which allows them to be here. If they have the proper paperwork then removing the "illegal immigrants" won't affect them. This is just another scare tactic that you and thousands if not millions of other people have bought into to scare people.
you are absolutely right here i also work with many legal immigrants in the painting industry and every dang one of them is here to partake in the american dream i am proud to work with them. these hard working americans are exactly the ones dems are trying to scare into voting for them, trump has never identified this group or targeted this group for any government sanctions of any kind.
11/19/2016 4:13 PM
also these comments are here...one day we shall start to be able to see who was right or wrong with predictions or analysis....that will be interesting.
11/19/2016 4:22 PM
The reason illegals are hired is because companies can hire them under the table and avoid having to engage in any worker protections whatsoever and pay well below minimum wage. Any attempt to fight that will be met with threats of deportation. They can't do that with legal immigrants and/or citizens which is why they actually prefer to hire illegals. We must crack down on companies that hire illegals, or for that matter hire ANYONE in violation of labor laws.
11/19/2016 6:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...44|45|46|47|48...312 Next ▸
BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.