2016 Predictions Topic

So, I'll probably get a ton of crap for my predictions, but I'm just trying to have a little fun before the season starts. Let's try to keep all ridiculous insults and arguments to a minimum and just reasonably debate about the season ahead.

First off, my boldest prediction is that I think the Toronto Blue Jays are the most over-rated team in baseball. I feel that they mopped up a relatively weak AL East last season, that was riddled with problems and injury. I think they're going to struggle this season with their rotation and bull-pen the way it is. I also feel they are going to see diminished numbers with no clear top or bottom of the line-up. They have essentially a bunch of HR hitting guys, with no solid baserunners. They also have some pretty poor fielding.

AL East: If the Red Sox and Yankees can stay healthy, which I believe they will, than I think they'll fight for the division. If not, and they're again riddled with injury, then I believe I will be proven wrong and the Orioles and Blue Jays will battle for it. I predict they will stay healthy and have a solid season, though.

Red Sox
Yankees
Orioles
Blue Jays
Rays

AL Central: Royals will probably take this division again. I just don't see another team really pushing them. White Sox and Tigers will probably come back a little bit with healthier players, but not enough.

Royals
Tigers
White Sox
Indians
Twins

AL West: Rangers and Astros will duke it out again. I feel like if Darvish can come back strong, and Hamels holds up, that the Rangers will edge out the Division.

Rangers
Astros
Angels
Athletics
Mariners

Wild Card: Yankees vs Tigers

NL East: This was tough, but I just can't not go for the Mets pitching... They are healthy, and if Cespedes can start strong, I think he'll have a huge year in that offense. Nats just are missing something. I don't know what it is, but they'll still compete with the Marlins for 2nd place. This would be the closest battle in the MLB, if it wasn't for the crazy trio in the NL Central.

Mets
Nationals
Marlins
Braves
Phillies

NL Central: I think the Cubs find a way to the Division. No more Wild Card nonsense... I'm really stumped about who will take 2nd place... I don't see the Cardinals pulling off all the miraculous pitching feats this season, but I also think that the Pirates are really lacking some power in their lineup. Not re-signing Alvarez certainly seems to hurt them in the HR/RBI category. It's certainly going to be close. Either way, I think that the NL Central beats themselves up and both teams miss the Wild-Card

Cubs
Cardinals / Pirates
Pirates / Cardinals
Reds
Brewers

NL West: As much as I like the Dodgers team and Kershaw, I just don't see them taking the division this year... It will certainly be close, but I think the Giants have done enough with their pitching staff (Cueto and Samardzija) to make a difference.

Giants
Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Padres

Wild Card: Dodgers vs Nationals
3/4/2016 7:10 AM (edited)
This is nowhere near perfect, and I understand that some of these predictions are pretty out there and bold... I just didn't wanna get up here and predict the same old BS that we hear on ESPN and CBS all day long. I try to look at all the roster changes and the general trend of players and come up with my own set, instead of just copying what I hear everywhere.
3/3/2016 9:32 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You can't pick 4 teams in the AL East and expect anyone to read further.

"AL East: If the Red Sox and Yankees can stay healthy and get the most out of their older stars, than I think they'll fight for the division. If not, and they're again riddled with injury, then I believe the Orioles and Blue Jays will battle for it."

That just won't further discussion and begs for insults/arguments.

3/3/2016 10:08 AM

N.L. East: Nationals and Mets battle all year long. End result - Nationals edge them out for the division.
N.L. Central: Cubs just look too strong. Cards close second with Pirates to follow.
N.L. West: A good three-team race. In the end, I like Arizona.
A.L. East: Could go any which way here but I have a feeling that the Yankees will take the division.
A.L. Central: Kansas City is still the team to beat. If Minnesota gets going out of the gate, they could give them a run.
A.L. West: Rangers and Astros battling it out but I think the Astros will pull it out in the end.

Wild Card match-ups: In the N.L., it's tough not to be a "homer" and pick the Cardinals but I think the wild-card will be the Mets and the Giants with the Giants taking them out in five games. In the A.L., it looks like the Rangers will be taking on the Twins - and I think the youngsters from the great white North will surprise some folks in taking down the Rangers.

N.L.D.S. - Cubs take out the Giants while the Diamondbacks take out the Nationals.
A.L.D.S. - Astros will bring the Twins' surprise season to an end while Kansas City will take out the New Yorker's.

N.L.C.S. - In an upset, I like the Diamondbacks over the Cubs.
A.L.C.S. - Astros over the Royals - the Royals fall back to mediocrity begins...

World Series: In an "all-southwest" series, I'll take the Astros over the Snakes in 7 games.

3/3/2016 11:24 AM
AL East

Red Sox
Blue Jays
Yankees
Orioles
Rays

AL Central

Tigers
Royals
Indians
White Sox
Twins

AL West

Astros
Mariners (WC)
Rangers (WC)
A's
Angels

NL East

Mets
Marlins (WC)
Nationals
Braves
Phillies

NL Central

Cubs
Pirates
Cardinals
Reds
Brewers

NL West

Diamondbacks
Giants (WC)
Dodgers
Padres
Rockies

I may update later in March when we see how things go in Spring Training...
3/3/2016 1:02 PM
AL East - Toronto, Boston, NY, Baltimore, Tampa
AL Central - Royals, Tigers, Twins, Indians, White Sox
AL West - Astros, Rangers, Mariners, Angels, Athletics

NL East - NY, Washington, Miami, Philadelphia, Atlanta
NL Central - Chicago, Pittsburgh, St Louis, Milwaukee, Cincinnati
NL West - San Francisco, Arizona, Los Angeles, San Diego, Colorado
3/3/2016 1:18 PM
Wow. You have the Phillies ahead of someone. Bold.
3/3/2016 1:24 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/3/2016 1:02:00 PM (view original):
AL East

Red Sox
Blue Jays
Yankees
Orioles
Rays

AL Central

Tigers
Royals
Indians
White Sox
Twins

AL West

Astros
Mariners (WC)
Rangers (WC)
A's
Angels

NL East

Mets
Marlins (WC)
Nationals
Braves
Phillies

NL Central

Cubs
Pirates
Cardinals
Reds
Brewers

NL West

Diamondbacks
Giants (WC)
Dodgers
Padres
Rockies

I may update later in March when we see how things go in Spring Training...
But, no matter what, the Tigers will get more than 84-85 wins and should be between 87-89, right? No way they finish with 86, correct?
3/3/2016 1:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/3/2016 10:08:00 AM (view original):

"AL East: If the Red Sox and Yankees can stay healthy and get the most out of their older stars, than I think they'll fight for the division. If not, and they're again riddled with injury, then I believe the Orioles and Blue Jays will battle for it."

You should learn how to read... I'm predicting that the Red Sox and Yankees are going to finish 1-2... I'm also predicting that if the Yankees and Red Sox geezers cannot stay healthy, that another team will rise up and contest.

Saying that, doesnt mean I'm picking all 4 teams. Thanks for your input!
3/3/2016 1:27 PM
Well, for someone who doesn't want an argument/insult, you come on pretty strong with a "learn how to read". Here's what I, and everyone else, read:

"I'm picking these two teams unless something happens then I think these two teams will play for the division"

Here's what I'm predicting: I don't think Tampa Bay can win the AL East unless the other 4 enter a WWE-style Battle Royale and no one survives.

See? We're on the same page!! Dumbass.
3/3/2016 1:50 PM
AL East

Red Sox
Rays
Blue Jays
Yankees
Orioles

AL Central

Indians
Tigers
Royals
Twins
White Sox

AL West

Rangers
Astros
Angels
Mariners
As

NL East

Mets
Nationals
Marlins
Braves
Phillies

NL Central

Cubs
Pirates
Cardinals
Reds
Brewers

NL West

Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Giants
Padres
Rockies
3/3/2016 2:12 PM
Posted by lilspike0738 on 3/3/2016 1:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/3/2016 10:08:00 AM (view original):

You should learn how to read... I'm predicting that the Red Sox and Yankees are going to finish 1-2... I'm also predicting that if the Yankees and Red Sox geezers cannot stay healthy, that another team will rise up and contest.

Saying that, doesnt mean I'm picking all 4 teams. Thanks for your input!
FRIENDLY WARNING. DO NOT ENGAGE MIKET IN A MEANINGLESS ARGUMENT! HE, EARWIG, AND THEIR ILK WILL GO ON FOR COUNTLESS, CIRCULAR, MORONIC HOURS!
3/3/2016 2:22 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 3/3/2016 9:55:00 AM (view original):
WORLD SERIES: NY METS---4 HOUSTON ASTROS----2
WORST PREDICTION EVAH!!!!!!! METS 72-90
3/3/2016 2:23 PM
Mike is not wrong in how he read that line.....it is a hedging all bets prediction...like this:

the Cubs will win the NL Central....unless they have one of those hard to explain down years that happens to a good team on the verge of breaking out...which would serve as their motivation to win the WS in 2017.

if that happens, then St. Louis will win the division. Unless age and injury catch up to them and the pitching can't overcome it. In which case, watch out for the hungry Pittsburgh Pirates. The only thing that could stop them is if they have hit the ceiling with their talent and Cole is only mediocre.

if those 3 teams falter it's a wide open ballgame....the Reds could put it all together and make a long summer run

Milwaukee sucks and has no chance.
3/3/2016 3:54 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
2016 Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.